Illusion I vs Illusion II

Dimezy

UYI II. But probably just because most of my favourite songs from those two albums are located there. Civil War, 14 Years, Breakdown, Yesterdays, Estranged, You Could Me Mine, So Fine, Don't Cry (alt.), etc.

Edited by Sosso

I think they split up the songs really well. Both have unique characters.  Theres lots of anger on each but to me UYI 1 has more of the spit and bile kinda rage whereas UYI 2 is a touch more cerebral. 

UYI 2 is and has always been the one that captivates me the most.  Of course it does have My World... nothing straightforward with this beast of a band :lol:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sosso said:

UYI II. But probably just because most of my favourite songs from those two albums are located there. Civil War, 14 Years, Breakdown, Yesterdays, You Could Me Mine, So Fine, Don't Cry (alt.), etc.

ESTRANGED??

14 years never gets enough love man, such a wicked song for how short it is

14 hours ago, soon said:

I think they split up the songs really well. Both have unique characters.  Theres lots of anger on each but to me UYI 1 has more of the spit and bile kinda rage whereas UYI 2 is a touch more cerebral. 

UYI 2 is and has always been the one that captivates me the most.  Of course it does have My World... nothing straightforward with this beast of a band :lol:

Yeah i agree they split them up pretty good, thats why i just wanted to ask and see other fans opinions haha

Well i heard most of UYI 1 was written pre (and during) recording appetite and UYI 2 was written after appetite which would explain why UYI has more rage like you say.

But fuck knows if its true because coma is on UYI 1 and slash said it was written in the illusions sessions so idk hey

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

UYI 2

Got any reasons for that call man?

7 hours ago, Dimezy said:

Yeah i agree they split them up pretty good, thats why i just wanted to ask and see other fans opinions haha

Well i heard most of UYI 1 was written pre (and during) recording appetite and UYI 2 was written after appetite which would explain why UYI has more rage like you say.

But fuck knows if its true because coma is on UYI 1 and slash said it was written in the illusions sessions so idk hey

Got any reasons for that call man?

I just like the overall mood and songs better. On that disc it feels like the band is trying to grow, whereas on the first disc it feels like they're just trying to do AFD again (probably why like half of that disc is just AFD leftovers).

there are some songs on th first disc that I love though (like Coma) and some songs on the second disc that I absolutely hate (like Get In The Ring).

I agree they split them up real good. 1 feels like a red album and 2 feels blue.

I guess I'd say 2. Civil War. 14 Years. YCBM. Locomotive. Estranged. That is some seriously good stuff right there. Breakdown is a good overlooked one. Pretty Tied Up is good.

But 1 is fucking mean and has a little something 2 doesn't with Right next door to Hell and Perfect Crime and Don't Damn Me and shit like that.

Idk, I like them both.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

UYI II hands down. Aside from My World, it has some amazing stuff on it. Civil War, Locomotive, Estranged, Yesterdays, Don't Cry Alt. Lyrics, and YCBM (although I'm a bit sick of it ATM). 

UYI I has some amazing stuff on it too but UYI II flows much better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

“When i’d look right up at night, and all i’d see was darkness, now i see the stars alright, I wanna reach right up n grab one for youuu”

Most see this as filler but i actually really fuckin dig this tune, its nothing special compared to rest of Illusions but its got a cool simple vibe and goes hard 🤟🏽

• Like 1