70's AEROSMITH

tim10101

just got a couple of upgraded bootlegs which are fantastic......Live Paul Mall, Boston  1973 which now includes the opening song "Make It" so this show is now supposedly complete for the first time and the 1974 Michigan Palace radio show which is now in stereo.....both shows sound like official releases and are amazing.......

always wished Aerosmith would release a box set of properly mixed complete live concerts from the 70's

Edited by classicrawker

On 19/6/2017 at 0:39 PM, tim10101 said:

OH MY GOD how have I missed those first few Aerosmith albums??? At times it reminds me a lot of GNR if they had been a 70s band.

Absolutely awesome stuff. Must admit those 80s hits of theirs I find cheesy as shit but this stuff is genuine hard rock classics.

Many other fans of the 70s period for the band?? :)

I'm happy to see you discovered these first albums - so did I!

i always cringed when seeing Aerosmith mentioned, but the fact that Slash named them as a major influence got my attention. He specifically referred to the "Rocks" album which he went on about in his book, so i bought that first. and yes, i can definately see the roots of appetite in there.

their first six albums are all gold. i don't care about their 80"'s and 90's output, including pump. to me, it's just too commercial. the sections between songs in "pump" are really distracting which is why i hate that album. but the first ones rock front to back. favorite tracks: rats in the cellar, sick as a dog, toys in the attick, mama kin, train kept a rollin, no surprise, draw the line

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 6:00 AM, action said:

aerosmith is still a force to be reckoned with.

i wish GNR would still give this kind of awesome, credible performance 15 years from now

no joking on aerosmith.

I guess it is a generation thing but IMHO they are one of the last of the great rock bands  that had incredible stage presence and  have unique personality......