It's So Easy cover

This is basically just me demoing all my new equipment, seeing how good I can make things sound before I move on to record Coma. All guitars are recorded from Amplitube 4, bass and drums are ripped from Guitar Pro. I tried recording bass with my guitar in Amplitube, and then moving the recording an octave down via FL Studios, but it didn't sound right at all. Mixed with Audacity, I'll see if I can manage to mix it with a more professional DAW soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Nice job @AslatIE! Much nicer guitar tone on this. Clean guitars could do with a high pass to give them more definition; they sounded a little muddy, maybe a gentle and wide boost around 5-7khz to bring out the high end. Great stuff.

Thanks! I've been doing some homework now, I damn near maxed the mids while lowering the bass. They sounded good to me, but I'm not always the best judge on how things sound :lol: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Thanks! I've been doing some homework now, I damn near maxed the mids while lowering the bass. They sounded good to me, but I'm not always the best judge on how things sound :lol: 

Does Audacity have a decent EQ? There are loads of good free ones, dirty tones sounded great, just the cleans that needed brightening.

22 hours ago, AslatIE said:

It certainly isn't bad. I did most of the EQing on Amplitube.

Amp EQ is different to channel EQ, they are normally plugins that you insert or apply to a track and let you sculpt the sound of your recorded track. Normally when you mix, you will need to make space for every element of your mix so it is clear. Your kick drum and bass take up most of the frequency space from 50hz to around 150hz, I think the low E string on your guitar (if it is tuned to Eb with 440hz reference) is just under 80hz, so you can safely cut away anything below say 50-60hz as it is just rumble and will help clean up your mix. 

This dude waffles on about Audacity, so you should be able to use the EQ in this video. Look for something called a high pass or low cut filter, they are the same thing, use that on your clean guitar tracks and it will make them sparkle! 

One other thing; never solo a track and EQ it, always EQ in the context of the mix. Some of the guitar parts I have recorded sound like shit on their own, but are great in the mix.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 0:28 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

Nice job @AslatIE! Much nicer guitar tone on this. Clean guitars could do with a high pass to give them more definition; they sounded a little muddy, maybe a gentle and wide boost around 5-7khz to bring out the high end. Great stuff.

i'm adopting @AslatIE cos he's gonna be a super star and i want him to treat his mama right! j/k :lol: he is really great and i see a bright future for him :) 

• Like 2