Chad Kroeger: "I can't think of another band as diverse as Nickelback."

James Bond

2 hours ago, downzy said:

With the exception of The Guess Who, most Canadian rock/pop acts are terrible.  

Kroeger is probably the worst Canadian export ever.  As bad as Beiber is, he'd be my number one choice to simply go away.  

Rush and Neil Young! I like The Guess Who too

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

He might be right in terms of genre hopping. I have some Best of and they have that fake country song, metal songs, melodic stuff. There's different types of songs but they aren't very original or have they own sound. Like compared to Green day they are pretty wacky. 

For the record, I think Stone Sour, Nickelback, Slipknot ate all just terrible... Simply terrible. 

"Bro/dude/douche Rock" is like the worst rock music ever. Bands like 5 Finger Death Punch, Theory of a Dead Man, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Saving Abel, etc. All generic garbage. @bacardimayne used to always call a lot of classic rock "shit rock", but to me these bands live up to that moniker

17 hours ago, downzy said:

With the exception of The Guess Who, most Canadian rock/pop acts are terrible.  

Kroeger is probably the worst Canadian export ever.  As bad as Beiber is, he'd be my number one choice to simply go away.  

The Band are amazing. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dazey said:

The Band are amazing. 

True, there are exceptions.  

I think when most people think of Canadian rock/pop acts they think of Justin Beiber, Nickelback, Celine Dion, Anne Murray, and Drake.  Not a list to be proud of.

Rush is a band that I highly dislike but won't deny their talents (save for their vocalist).

Neil Young is an amazing talent, but for me, his songwriting is what makes him legend.  

Having said all that, as much as I hate Nickelback, I won't deny that their song Rock Star is catchy as shit.  

• Like 1

The Band is awesome!  Levon Helm, who I'd say is a major force in the band, is an American.  But, we'll take em as our own!

I like mid to current era Tragically Hip, Amelia Curran is amazing, some Arcade Fire and some Sarah Harmer.  The late Mel Brown was a force! And whats his name who wore Summer of 69 and that Life Is A Highway dude, did alright for themselves :) 

Early 90s was so much better then now, with Age of Electric and the Tea Party.  That movement died when Nickel Back came along

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, soon said:

The Band is awesome!  Levon Helm, who I'd say is a major force in the band, is an American.  But, we'll take em as our own!

I like mid to current era Tragically Hip, Amelia Curran is amazing, some Arcade Fire and some Sarah Harmer.  The late Mel Brown was a force! And whats his name who wore Summer of 69 and that Life Is A Highway dude, did alright for themselves :) 

Early 90s was so much better then now, with Age of Electric and the Tea Party.  That movement died when Nickel Back came along

You also have Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell

and some other good stuff here and there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Bryan Adams wrote Summer of 69 and Life is a Highway. Summer of 69 is a great song :)

• Like 1