Chad Kroeger: "I can't think of another band as diverse as Nickelback."

James Bond

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

For the record, I think Stone Sour, Nickelback, Slipknot ate all just terrible... Simply terrible. 

"Bro/dude/douche Rock" is like the worst rock music ever. Bands like 5 Finger Death Punch, Theory of a Dead Man, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Saving Abel, etc. All generic garbage. @bacardimayne used to always call a lot of classic rock "shit rock", but to me these bands live up to that moniker

I have nostalgia for at least one album by a couple of those bands.... :ph34r:

Stone Sour are playing at a show I'm going to on Saturday (I'm going for a few of the other bands tho), I'll probably stay for at least half their set. They have a lot of shit songs, I'll give you that, but Corey's a pretty good singer so I'll see what they're like in a live setting.

Also, Bryan Adams is painful to listen to. As are the Tragically Hip - their music just drones on, I can't think of a band that better represents the sound of a shitty Sunday morning hangover. Rush are a good band, but I can't stand Geddy's voice.

43 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Stone Sour are playing at a show I'm going to on Saturday (I'm going for a few of the other bands tho), I'll probably stay for at least half their set. They have a lot of shit songs, I'll give you that, but Corey's a pretty good singer so I'll see what they're like in a live setting.

Also, Bryan Adams is painful to listen to. As are the Tragically Hip - their music just drones on, I can't think of a band that better represents the sound of a shitty Sunday morning hangover. Rush are a good band, but I can't stand Geddy's voice.

i had a guy dedicate Run to You by Bryan Adams to me and i was like ewwww. but i love Summer of 69. Rush is so much more about the lyrics and the amazing talent they have on their instruments IMO. believe it or not i was not impressed by Axl's voice when i first heard it. of course now i think he is amazing.

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i had a guy dedicate Run to You by Bryan Adams to me and i was like ewwww. but i love Summer of 69. Rush is so much more about the lyrics and the amazing talent they have on their instruments IMO. believe it or not i was not impressed by Axl's voice when i first heard it. of course now i think he is amazing.

I mean, I get why people like Rush, I just personally don't like them.

As for Axl, that's blasphemous but he has a ton of different voices so it kinda depends what you heard first :lol:

• Like 1

Welcome to the Jungle was the first and i liked it but i was like 10 and i knew it would piss my dad off to no end! then i kinda was let down by Sweet Child'O Mine so i tuned out. then i heard Nightrain back in '14 and i was like OMG!!!!! and that was even hearing him with NUGuns. i went straight to YouTube and i immediately became a AFD fan. i knew one day i would see Axl and Slash together one day and i did...April 8,2016 one of the best nights of my life! :heart:

20 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

then i kinda was let down by Sweet Child'O Mine so i tuned out.

wtf :lol:

Luckily my first real exposure to Guns was AFD front to back, I thought WTTJ was mind-blowing and then It's So Easy kicked in and I thought 'why the hell do they have 2 singers?' :lol:

But yea, that first Vegas '16 show was epic. Coma from that show is probably the best concert moment I've ever experienced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

wtf :lol:

Luckily my first real exposure to Guns was AFD front to back, I thought WTTJ was mind-blowing and then It's So Easy kicked in and I thought 'why the hell do they have 2 singers?' :lol:

But yea, that first Vegas '16 show was epic. Coma from that show is probably the best concert moment I've ever experienced.

when i saw guys misting up when they played Coma i was like whoa! i have loved that song ever :headbang:

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Hey man, to each their own! One of my best friends LOVES all of those groups. I just don't.

Glad you like them =)

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Hey man, to each their own! One of my best friends LOVES all of those groups. I just don't.

Glad you like them =)

I'm actually over my phase with those bands, but Come What(ever) May by Stone Sour was one of the first hard rock albums that grabbed my attention (I was 12 or 13 when it came out I think). And I saw Slipknot in 2009, and thought Corey was an awesome frontman, so I'm interested to see what kinda vibe I'll get from this show 8 years later...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

when i saw guys misting up when they played Coma i was like whoa! i have loved that song ever :headbang:

I didn't have time to be emotional about it, me and the guy beside me were too busy freaking out and rocking out :D We'd even talked about that song before the show because it was rumoured they'd sound-checked it, and I said if they played that, they didn't have to play anything else. And I was right, that moment alone was worth the trip down and money spent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I didn't have time to be emotional about it, me and the guy beside me were too busy freaking out and rocking out :D We'd even talked about that song before the show because it was rumoured they'd sound-checked it, and I said if they played that, they didn't have to play anything else. And I was right, that moment alone was worth the trip down and money spent.

I was there. I flipped a shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

my moment was when they played the outro to Layla because that that is one of my favorite songs so long and then it went into November Rain my most favorite GN'R song. i cried and blew kisses at Axl and called his name like a teenager! it was magic  :wub:

• Like 1

So... this morphed into a Canadian bands thread? Good! Fuck Nickelback and Chad Kroeger. 

In fact, we need more threads about how awesome The Band was. Horribly underrated band! 

Leonard Cohen and Neil Young are big favourites of mine. Cohen just got better and better with age. 

I also wholeheartedly share @downzy's sentiments about Rush. I tried to get into them but they just sound dated somehow. That and I can't stand Geddy's vocals. 

I don't mind Nickelback, I mean I've listened to Slipnot but really since 2000 Nickelback are listenable, fun band. In a sort of Def Leppard way. They aren't badasses but then neither GNR now. So it's just rock music. 

• Like 1