GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

If Izzy and/or Steven are there, we are way more likely to get appearances by one or both of them during the remainder of the tour, since we know they would be getting along at least to some extent with the band and the money element has been worked out.  At least there would be a good chance we would see one or both of them at the closing shows in CA before this whole thing comes to an end.

But it's GnR so maybe this will only be a special experience for Kate Hudson and her buddies.

Im excited for good audio and SUPER excited for those fans that get in.

Meh to the rest. There is no real AfD commemoration while 2 important members are willing yet excluded. NITL and the lineup are very good and Im satisfied, but that aint OG GNR. As long as it isnt, I dont care about am anniversary show. A remaster or something or even just a post on their website acknowledging the album and original gang would be "authentic" enough.

Either way, hope Axl sounds good

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Just now, AlexC said:

Cool. Hope they play You're Crazy, that kills in small venues, absolutely filthy song.

If it's the AFD anniversary, playing AFD from front to back would be the best bet...same thing Metallica did a few years back in their anniversary show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

If it's the AFD anniversary, playing AFD from front to back would be the best bet...same thing Metallica did a few years back in their anniversary show.

You're Crazy is on AFD.

I told all you praising Axl's magical concert voice that he better be ready for something live that will be broadcast...I hope to god he gets this right! 

If it's just AFD the only songs I'm concerned about are SCOM and PC. 

Oh well this will be fun! I'm excited for the guys and I'm sure it will be great

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I told all you praising Axl's magical concert voice that he better be ready for something live that will be broadcast...I hope to god he gets this right! 

If it's just AFD the only songs I'm concerned about are SCOM and PC. 

Oh well this will be fun! I'm excited for the guys and I'm sure it will be great

I can't remember the last time you posted something that didn't involve some mention of Axl's voice. You're worse than me haha.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexC said:

I can't remember the last time you posted something that didn't involve some mention of Axl's voice. You're worse than me haha.

It's the biggest pressing issue at the moment...I knew this day was coming and Sirius is going to portray Axl's vocals in a slightly better way than YouTube does, so if he sings like he is currently then this will be a disaster

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DMathski said:

Why would anyone expect this to be a 30th anny show when there's no mention of that in the press release? Don't expect anything. Nothing will happen. Maybe Axl will mention it that's about it. Same old set list.

It's within hours of the release date of AFD from 30 years ago.  And actually, if they play past midnight, it will be on the exact date AFD was released 30 years ago.

So of course any fan with any sort of knowledge of the history of the band will assume it's the AFD 30th anniversary show.  And that's exactly what the promoters and that band want you to assume.  

Whether they actually do it right, is another story. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's the biggest pressing issue at the moment...I knew this day was coming and Sirius is going to portray Axl's vocals in a slightly better way than YouTube does, so if he sings like he is currently then this will be a disaster

Im sure he'll step it up a gear. I know he hasn't for pro shots before the reunion but the last time he was under pressure so to speak was for AC/DC and he knocked it out of the park. Plus the Coachella pro shot sounds awesome, even November Rain is good and that is usually a weak song for him.

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Im sure he'll step it up a gear. I know he hasn't for pro shots before the reunion but the last time he was under pressure so to speak was for AC/DC and he knocked it out of the park. Plus the Coachella pro shot sounds awesome, even November Rain is good and that is usually a weak song for him.

im expecting this...he's screwed up the first few lines of Jungle this whole tour, I wouldn't expect anything better 

So they are doing this show on the day before the actual AFD30 anniversary.. in NYC instead of L.A... and it's invite only.

Wtf. I wonder if the band is actively trying to see just how much they can get away with..

• Like 1

However the way he changes his voice in Jungle could always lead to this 

this would be a disaster  

Just now, AlexC said:

Nothing wrong with that Jungle, sounds great.

Yea I'd consider that a small victory...not great but it's good enough. That's what I'm expecting. I'm hoping it's the best performance they've ever had and Axl is AC/DC Axl again but I'm keeping my expectations in the mediocre range for this 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy; BE PREPARED FOR THIS AXL.

Fortunately the european leg including the Tel Aviv show ends only 5 days before this event so most likely Axl will be in good shape.

So eventually this will be the first real pro shot show since the reunion :drool: