GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

9 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Melissa liked the GNR insta announcement post, she gonna play. 

Of course she will. Dizzy, Richard and Frank will also be there.

Izzy and Steven won't.

Maybe Angus or other guests will show up. Izzy and Steven won't.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

richards a great musician but he'll never EVER be able to fill izzys shoes. i personally never even compare the two. ive always seen richard as a great fill in for gilby

Frank, 4tus and Melissa are just in the band because they are cheaper and Axl has more supporters around him. We will never get a AFD and UYI reunion tour, because there would be always a 1:4 veto when it comes to important band direction questions.  

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

:nervous:

Howard 101 did Soundgarden a few years back and the quality was perfect

Two different singers. Cornell's voice held up a lot better than Axl's.... Axl will sound great on some songs but his flaws will be exposed on others. And people won't be able to blame it on "shitty streams"..

Either way, this us good stuff.. I want in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Two different singers. Cornell's voice held up a lot better than Axl's.... Axl will sound great on some songs but his flaws will be exposed on others. And people won't be able to blame it on "shitty streams"..

Either way, this us good stuff.. I want in

Axl's weird. He excels on what most singers can only dream of achieving but struggles on regular, mundane melodies. It's odd.

• Like 2

Been a Sirius subscriber since Howard joined the company and just entered the contest......I listen to Howard of course, and the Political channel is excellent, but also use it for sports as it has an NFL talk channel which is great during the season and for the draft and also use it to listen to the Yankees and the Packers as they broadcast all MLB and NFL games......they do have excellent music channels and I listen to classic rock, blues, hair nation (80's hair bands) and some of the dedicated channels like Elvis, Pearl Jam, Springsteen, The Dead, etc. once in awhile but I prefer to play my own music so don't do music much.  Since I got my subscription I can honestly say I never listen to free radio anymore

For those wondering why they are doing the show in NYC it is because the Sirius Headquarters is based there so I am guessing it is easier to handle the logistics of these subscriber only shows .

In any case I grew up an hour from NYC and saw Guns there twice back in 1987 in small clubs in the city , the Ritz and L'Amour, so it would be amazing to see them play the Apollo..............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

richards a great musician but he'll never EVER be able to fill izzys shoes. i personally never even compare the two. ive always seen richard as a great fill in for gilby

More or less this.  Fortus is a better fit than Gilby was for sure but he's no Izzy.

Have you guys ever tought that maybe Fortus isnt trying sound like Izzy because the band doesnt want him to? lol

There were several times Slash and Duff, if I remember wel,l said Izzy couldnt play, that what he did was weird... Of course they corrected that after some time, but maybe it was just to keep things in good terms and they really dont like Izzys way of playing?

I'd love to have Izzy back in the band, but you guys like to assume Slash and Duff are mizerable with Fortus, maybe this is the fit they always wanted lol

Melissa could be good if they kept her as the Stones do with their backup musicians. She is a needed evil.

And Frank... well, Frank sucks.

Edited by default_

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

That quality is terrible, almost like an audience recording.

I actually have the full thing from years ago, I don't know why that sounds so low-quality but the stream was actually like IEM/soundboard quality.

Just now, MrSoftie said:

I actually have the full thing from years ago, I don't know why that sounds so low-quality but the stream was actually like IEM/soundboard quality.

Well, Chinese was the opener back then and the band (Axl) were still notoriously tardy. So maybe they had to level the mics live and it improved after the first song or two.

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Well, Chinese was the opener back then and the band (Axl) were still notoriously tardy. So maybe they had to level the mics live and it improved after the first song or two.

Nah the whole thing beginning to end is clear as day. Axl's pretty high in the mix actually, can't hear Tommy for shit, DJ should have been muted.

14 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Nah the whole thing beginning to end is clear as day. Axl's pretty high in the mix actually, can't hear Tommy for shit, DJ should have been muted.

Haha. Maybe whoever bounced it and uploaded it to YouTube lowered the quality in order to do so then. Because that recording sounds muffled. Almost as if there's something covering the mics or it was recorded underwater or some shit.

As long as we get to hear Dizzy's bongos clearly then everything will be fine. That's the important thing.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, default_ said:

There were several times Slash and Duff, if I remember wel,l said Izzy couldnt play, that what he did was weird... Of course they corrected that after some time, but maybe it was just to keep things in good terms and they really dont like Izzys way of playing?

I'd love to have Izzy back in the band, but you guys like to assume Slash and Duff are mizerable with Fortus, maybe this is the fit they always wanted lol

Melissa could be good if they kept her as the Stones do with their backup musicians. She is a needed evil.

And Frank... well, Frank sucks.

I doubt it

Slash and Duff started with Velvet Revolver with Izzy. They recorded an albums worth of music together and performed their first show with him. Izzy left on his own because he didn't want to work with Scott.

Duff played on entire Izzy albums.

Izzy did a song on Slash's solo album

Izzy did more live appearances with VR that sounded great

Duff just recorded 3 songs with with Izzy for his movie/book

I am pretty sure they have no issues with Izzy's playing... The only one I ever really heard say anything about turning Izzy down was Axl.. All the old videos I have seen you could hear Izzy as clear as day though..

Except a clip from one of those 93 shows I recently saw..But I do agree that Frank suck and should be the first one to go ;) 

• Like 1

I remember listening to that 2012 show on the radio...it was Ozzy's boneyard or something. But it was very clear, Axl did great on the first 5 or 6 songs then fell apart...it was on par with every show that year outside of hellfest or Philly. 

As far as this show goes...the breakdown this forum will have if Steven and Izzy show up will be epic 

3 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

The latest proof that Axl can nail pro shot performances. Go for it Axl!

monster on pro shot 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alfierose said:

Cool. Anyone here a subscriber already?

This would be an amazing prize to win.

I re-subscribed to the Night Train fan club again. The t-shirt has an awesome design on it.

Wow! GNR playing the Apollo in Harlem! Hope they have plenty of security. lol

Although Harlem has changed in the past years now. All the rich people are buying up the property there and making it into condos worth millions of dollars. Unreal.

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I remember listening to that 2012 show on the radio...it was Ozzy's boneyard or something. But it was very clear, Axl did great on the first 5 or 6 songs then fell apart...it was on par with every show that year outside of hellfest or Philly. 

As far as this show goes...the breakdown this forum will have if Steven and Izzy show up will be epic 

monster on pro shot 

Can't wait for the Rock or Bust tour blu-ray with Axl. Hopefully it's Philly as the rumours suggested. Best setlist and Slash was there! Plus Cliff's last show.

Anyway. Back on topic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

Richard is a far better guitar player than Izzy could ever be

• Like 1