GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Keef wants to be in the stones

Izzy doesn't want to be in GNR.

But that was not the point of our discussion it had to do with guitar talent  not who wants to be in the band more..............and IMHO it is not  a matter of Izzy not wanting to be in GnR he just wants to be fairly compensated according to what I have read...Fortus is happy being an employee Izzy evidently was not...or at least he wanted to be a well compensated employee........;)

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

We can dream this and dream that about AFD5 for this show, or an interview with the band, but I just don't see that happening. The only thing different about this show will be the sound quality, and the type of audience. That's it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I remember listening to that 2012 show on the radio...it was Ozzy's boneyard or something. But it was very clear, Axl did great on the first 5 or 6 songs then fell apart...it was on par with every show that year outside of hellfest or Philly. 

As far as this show goes...the breakdown this forum will have if Steven and Izzy show up will be epic 

monster on pro shot 

stuff like this pisses me off. AC DC gets 110% Axl Rasp where as GNR gets half assed Axl Mickey Mouse

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

stuff like this pisses me off. AC DC gets 110% Axl Rasp where as GNR gets half assed Axl Mickey Mouse

Only thing that annoys me is when someone hears a half assed version of Rocket Queen and they then think his voice is shot. When it's obviously not if he's capable of this. Grinds my gears.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

All I ask of Axl is to show up for this Apollo show with rasp...he can Mickey the hell out of the tour. 

Problem is though, with the amount of views that fan footage YouTube videos get these days, all it takes is one bad show and that's it. Not even that, one bad song from an otherwise great show would do it. However many thousands of casuals or even millions happened to watch it, that's their opinion formed. You can't escape it now like the old days.

And the only thing they're being compared to from years ago is a few pro shots. All the bad shows of the past are forgotten. So no matter how great Axl may sound, there'll always be critics. He'll never escape it.

Look how many views "The Axl Rose Disaster" videos get, compared with brilliant performance videos. It's not fair but it's just the way it is these days unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just now, AlexC said:

Problem is though, with the amount of views that fan footage YouTube videos get these days, all it takes is one bad show and that's it. Not even that, one bad song from an otherwise great show would do it. However many thousands of casuals or even millions happened to watch it, that's their opinion formed. You can't escape it now like the old days.

And the only thing they're being compared to from years ago is a few pro shots. All the bad shows of the past are forgotten. So no matter how great Axl may sound, there'll always be critics. He'll never escape it.

Look how many views "The Axl Rose Disaster" videos get, compared with brilliant performance videos. It's not fair but it's just the way it is these days unfortunately.

He escapes it by having one great performance...read the comments under an AC/DC video, a majority are saying "holy shit he got his voice back, wtf" 

thats an opinion that goes back to the 2002 VMA' s that band stood no chance after that performance. 

But ACDC with Axl videos carry over a million views. You google Axl and those videos are the only one that show up on his page...so the current opinion is he's back, but like you said it's going to take one bad performance and all that goes to hell 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

He escapes it by having one great performance...read the comments under an AC/DC video, a majority are saying "holy shit he got his voice back, wtf" 

thats an opinion that goes back to the 2002 VMA' s that band stood no chance after that performance. 

But ACDC with Axl videos carry over a million views. You google Axl and those videos are the only one that show up on his page...so the current opinion is he's back, but like you said it's going to take one bad performance and all that goes to hell 

Well I guess the reality is then is that it doesn't matter. However good or bad a random show may be, people are gonna stumble across all kinds of shit good or bad that's already out there. No point worrying about it, however, I would prefer it if he gave a shit more often than he does haha.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Well I guess the reality is then is that it doesn't matter. However good or bad a random show may be, people are gonna stumble across all kinds of shit good or bad that's already out there. No point worrying about it, however, I would prefer it if he gave a shit more often than he does haha.

There's not enough good shit to stumble across at the moment (last 15 years) 

I'm really hoping this isn't Fernies cool idea for AFD celebrations. This date should really be inclusive of as many fans as possible, not invite only. We have supported the many manifestations of GnR ( I can't take credit here, as I can honestly say there were some eras I shut my eyes and ears but big respect to those who kept faith :headbang:) when they have been one of the most dysfunctional bands to grace a stage. So if they choose to acknwledge the most Iconic album with an elite audience and a few fans winning tickets for good measure and no live stream, I will be truly pissed off. 

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2