GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

48 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Only thing that annoys me is when someone hears a half assed version of Rocket Queen and they then think his voice is shot. When it's obviously not if he's capable of this. Grinds my gears.

Call me elitist but people who are so fucking stupid should be banned so the rest of us don't have to wade through tripe and can have decent discussions. 

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

More or less this.  Fortus is a better fit than Gilby was for sure but he's no Izzy.

I have nothing personal against Fortus, but could you guys just stop the myth that he is a great guitarist? The truth is, he has no credits on Chinese Democracy or any other pop/rock track. The only memorable guitar work of him, I know,  is this:

Which is a bit weird... IMO his and Frank's style doesn't fit with Slash's, while Gilby's style fits perfectly. Plus, Gilby can carry an audience. 

Richard should join Enrique Iglesias again:

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Two different singers. Cornell's voice held up a lot better than Axl's.... Axl will sound great on some songs but his flaws will be exposed on others. And people won't be able to blame it on "shitty streams"..

Either way, this us good stuff.. I want in

Yeah I know mate am talking about the mix and sound quailty 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

Problem is though, with the amount of views that fan footage YouTube videos get these days, all it takes is one bad show and that's it. Not even that, one bad song from an otherwise great show would do it. However many thousands of casuals or even millions happened to watch it, that's their opinion formed. You can't escape it now like the old days.

And the only thing they're being compared to from years ago is a few pro shots. All the bad shows of the past are forgotten. So no matter how great Axl may sound, there'll always be critics. He'll never escape it.

Look how many views "The Axl Rose Disaster" videos get, compared with brilliant performance videos. It's not fair but it's just the way it is these days unfortunately.

But who really cares at this point? Now is the time to do it. The contracts have been signed, tickets sold, money made. It's all coming to an end this year. The fat memes and disaster videos have been around for years and it hasn't stopped the tour from being successful. The line-up hasn't stopped the tour from being successful. And this is just how Axl sounds now. It is what it is. Very few people seem to give a shit.  The only thing that matters to the 99% is that Axl and Slash are on that stage together.  And they are almost to the finish line.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Let's pray to God we get to see Steven and Izzy there...

I'd rather have full AFD5 reunion WITHOUT any fans attending, filled with celebs, rather than 3/5 with fans...

Still don't know why it isn't on 21st of July and in LA????!!!

I am assuming there will be something additionally announced for the 21st. Just wait for it.

50 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

But who really cares at this point? Now is the time to do it. The contracts have been signed, tickets sold, money made. It's all coming to an end this year. The fat memes and disaster videos have been around for years and it hasn't stopped the tour from being successful. The line-up hasn't stopped the tour from being successful. And this is just how Axl sounds now. It is what it is. Very few people seem to give a shit.  The only thing that matters to the 99% is that Axl and Slash are on that stage together.  And they are almost to the finish line.

But the phrase "This is how Axl sounds now" is pretty ambiguous. Like, what does that even mean? You could watch a video of Sweet Child from Osaka and think he's awful but you watch a video of Jungle from Philly and think he's great. Or you could watch a video of him singing Back in Black and think he's the best he's ever been. That's the point I'm making, no matter what he does, people will always criticise him. But you're right. It doesn't matter, and most people's opinion of him and GN'R in general have drastically become more positive these past 12 months than they have been in decades. So I'd say things are pretty good right about now.

People watch this nonsense

Thank god less people saw this 

and at the end of the day this is GNR's fault for releasing...yes I'm actually complaining that they released these videos, Bc they ruin the perception of the band.  

I am hopeful we get an interview with stern though! That would be truly awesome. I really don't think a ton of people will listen to the show so I don't think it's going to matter all that much if Axl is average 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

People watch this nonsense

Thank god less people saw this 

and at the end of the day this is GNR's fault for releasing...yes I'm actually complaining that they released these videos, Bc they ruin the perception of the band.  

I am hopeful we get an interview with stern though! That would be truly awesome. I really don't think a ton of people will listen to the show so I don't think it's going to matter all that much if Axl is average 

Even average performances these days have enough moments of greatness in them though to be considered good. It's only when bad bits are shown out of the context of a show in which they stand out.

I've really never understood why Stern is predominantly renowned throughout the rock world, he seems ignorant to almost every single band he's interviewed that I've seen. His interview with Brian and Angus was embarrassing to the point of almost being insulting.

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

Only thing that annoys me is when someone hears a half assed version of Rocket Queen and they then think his voice is shot. When it's obviously not if he's capable of this. Grinds my gears.

I'm confused...didn't you just say Axl was "fantastic" of late?

Surprised this thread isn't longer.. I need to know how Nightrain Members have a crack at tickets.. I am heading out Friday morning for a few days on my bike and will be in bumfuck NY with no real online access.  Bad timing.

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

Even average performances these days have enough moments of greatness in them though to be considered good. It's only when bad bits are shown out of the context of a show in which they stand out.

I've really never understood why Stern is predominantly renowned throughout the rock world, he seems ignorant to almost every single band he's interviewed that I've seen. His interview with Brian and Angus was embarrassing to the point of almost being insulting.

Sterns interviews over the last 5 years have been some of the best out there. His ability to get people to talk about anything and everything is what makes him who he is. He's brilliant, go watch Slash's last interview with Stern...the entire ending is talking about Axl and why they should get the band back together...60% of the show was about Guns N Roses and Slash had just released his latest album. Nobody else  was getting to talk to Slash about Axl and even if they did Slash wasn't open to talking about much, but Stern gets more out of his interviews

• Like 4

11 hours ago, inthejungle1 said:

Can't believe they are doing this in NYC and not LA. Bummed since I live in NYC area but by sheer coincidence will be in LA on family vacation on July 21st, and was hoping for a "surprise" while there!

What about the Troubadour? They could do another "Return to the Ritz" but I doubt it. 

11 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm not one of the people here that goes in show threads and complains about the lineup...not having Adler, Izzy etc.  I think for this stage in the reunion, having Axl, Slash and Duff together is great...much better than anything we've had in the past 20 years.

That being said, if they actually consider this an AFD anniversary celebration and they don't have the AFD 5 there, it would be pointless and a slap in the face to fans.  At the very least, they need to have 4 out of the 5 there...and even 4/5 would be somewhat weak, imo

To do true justice, its either the original 5 or no show at all. If they do the show with the current lineup and play mainly appetite songs the mygnrforum website will go into meltdown mode.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

What do you mean finish line?

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

He escapes it by having one great performance...read the comments under an AC/DC video, a majority are saying "holy shit he got his voice back, wtf" 

thats an opinion that goes back to the 2002 VMA' s that band stood no chance after that performance. 

But ACDC with Axl videos carry over a million views. You google Axl and those videos are the only one that show up on his page...so the current opinion is he's back, but like you said it's going to take one bad performance and all that goes to hell 

All his GNR performances are shit. GNR fans think his voice sounds great on black on sun for example when its a disaster.  Axl goes on full on mickey for GNR which is pitiful. And people love to use the bullshit excuse that AC DC songs are easier to sing.  Axl could easily go full on rasp for SCOM like he used toin the 90s but he choices to do Mickey. 

• Like 1