GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

22 minutes ago, JustanUrchin said:

As anticipation grows about the possibilities next month because, well, because AFD is the #1 debut selling of ALL-TIME and because it remains one of the most ICONIC rock albums ever, the handful of remaining Axl apologists relentlessly peddle myth in this and other threads.  It seems high time to PIN basic legal fact to the D&N section in a simple, succinct list format to quash the incessant propaganda of the few.

The Axl apologist training course, in summation:

Step 1, chant the following about the two decades of Axl’s solo band:  Grammies don’t mean shit.  Album sales don’t mean shit.  YT views don’t mean shit.  Fifteen original songs in 26 years, the collection of 14 which crawled onto Wikipedia’s short-list of worst all-time albums, doesn’t mean shit.  Axl playing AFD-UYI covers at backyard bbq’s and bowling alleys with a busload of revolving-door cover "artists" doesn’t mean shit.

Step 2, conflate Axl urinal-sniffing with legal fact:   

Urinal-sniffing 1:  Axl’s 15 original songs in 26 years “is Gn’R.”  Legal fact 1:  Axl withdrew from the Gn’R General Partnership on NYE ’95 after providing legal notice the summer prior.  Two biz entities d/b/a Gn’R existed after that date.  One, which is Original Gn’R as referred (correctly) to in legal pleadings, and the other, which is Axl’s Gn’R as referred (correctly) to in legal pleadings.  Slash and Duff, as Remaining Partners, were Original Gn’R after said date and, as such, thereafter controlled Original Gn’R p’ship assets—AFD through UYI—licensing, merchandising, etc.  Axl, as principal, controlled Axl’s Gn’R post-NYE 1995, and thereafter whatever he released into the marketplace that was a product of his solo band.

Urinal-sniffing 2:  Axl’s 15 original songs in 26 years “is Gn’R because that’s the mark on the album cover.”  Legal fact 2:  S/D/A executed a MOU in ‘92, which included an amendment that Axl would retain the exclusive right to the mark “Guns n’ Roses” if he withdrew from the p’ship.  Axl could, legally then, use the mark Gn’R for any venture thereafter—be it a pastry sole proprietorship or an incorporated cattle ranch or anything in between.  Slash and Duff, legally then, could not use the mark Gn’R under which to perform if Axl withdrew or was terminated.  Three years to the day of the executed MOU, Axl provided legal notice that he was withdrawing from Original Gn’R and, given that he would retain exclusive right to the use of the mark, he gave Slash and Duff notice that he, Axl, intended to use the mark “in connection with a new group that I will form.”

Urinal-sniffing 3:  S/DM/IS/SA/AR are “not original Gn’R.”  Legal fact 3:  The o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l Gn’R is the five individuals who signed a recording contract with Geffen, formed a General Partnership, registered said p’ship with the Cali DoS, and registered the marks and (copy) rights.   Said o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l legal partners recorded and toured the #1 debut selling album of ALL-TIME.  No other natural person can claim (for pecuniary gain) to be original unless he or she cares to reply to a cease-and-desist letter and defend against subsequent injunctive relief and damages litigation.  There can be no revisionism of original Gn’R.  It is legal fact. 

Unrelated urinal-sniffing (but propagandized by Axl revisionists to appear related):  references to a post-NYD ’96 RECORDING agreement further corroborates the above legal fact while conflating basic legal principles.  Axl, with brand name in tow, formed Axl’s Gn’R in ’96 and, in May ’98, both Slash and Duff executed amendments to the ’92 RECORDING agreement to prevent Axl from drawing from their royalty (not capital) accounts to finance his solo band’s ‘recording,’ said solo recording which ultimately was released a decade later.  While in control of Original Gn’R, S/D became leaving MEMBERS of the RECORDING agreement while Axl was a terminated PARTNER of Original Gn’R.

Based upon averments that were not specifically denied and thus deemed admitted, it is indisputable that Axl quit Original Gn’R for control:  the control of the mark, and employer control of any natural person in his post-NYD ’96 solo band.  History shows what Axl did with control of the mark “Guns n’ Roses,” and, ultimately, capitulating after two decades to Original Gn’R Remaining Partners Slash and Duff to license, synch and merchandise Original Gn’R.  Forgetting the killing S/D/A are raking on merchandising and licensing for NASCAR and the like, ticketing alone has grossed more than a quarter of a billion dollars, Axl capitulated legally (and he capitulated in the practical sense—he admitted in the D/A south of America interview last fall that he requested Slash’s number).  Not in This Lifetime.  Indeed.

Did Axl capitulate to remaining Original Gn’R partners Slash and Duff for you, the Axl apologist?  For the joy of performing 30 year-old songs that were the subject of voluminous litigation with Slash and Duff?  For the burning desire to create new music with Slash and Duff and to release it to you, the Axl apologist?  To release solo tunes from a mythical "vault," when 14 of the BEST 15 of those best mid-temp piano yawners landed on Wikipedia's worst all-time albums and he had to resort to covering Gn'R at backyard bbq's and weddings to pay his live-ins and employees (to some extent, anyhow, not including one of his "keyboardists")?  For other reason(s)?  There sure is a fuckload of money in gate, merchandising and licensing/synch by capitulating to the Remaining Partners and performing to seas of buyers/customers in packed stadiums across the world, many of whom are sporting fresh Gn’R shirts and venue-specific trinkets.

----------

To everyone else who just wants to rock TFO to celebrate the #1 debut selling album of ALL-TIME next month with all FIVE ready, willing and able original partners:  Adler’s flurry of activity after the presumptive one-year K/NDA expired January 2017 was an extension of his prior (successful) pressure/negotiation-tactics in late 2015 (months later he had his ass on kit to perform ALL AFD songs until his injury).  Then he fell silent in March 2017, but in typical Adler fashion threw in a nugget of repetitive fact (this is the guy who has beaten down S/D/A/I in legal proceedings):  “I don't have nothing else to say about it.  I'm really sorry.  That's all I can tell you.  There's nothing to say.  I literally, literally honest to god literally, I can't even tell you why I can't tell you anymore.  Literally, okay?  I really can't.  I just can't."  Adler should be pissing up the S/D/A tree as he was in late 2015 just before he fell silent.  Yet is not.  A NDA would not reach his thoughts/opinions forward or past-looking, only his time under the K/NDA in 2016.  He should be out-and-about precisely now, but is not.

It’s your call.  Adler is my bellwether.  He’ll be returning.  But at the “Apollo?”  Axl/LN must pretend that Axl is “super-diverse” given OIAM.  We have the D/A south of America interview last fall re Izzy, and Izzy’s “bullshit” reply, Izzy’s F.P. Money and, before that, Izzy’s “Stuck in the Middle with You.”  We’ve got the conglomerate LN running the show, leasing the marked LN jet, and a massive-grossing world-wide tour.  Not good for AFD 30.  But we’ve got Adler’s newfound silence.  It’s a push.  Does the greed of S/D/A (gate, licensing, merch, synch) and LN (“diverse, big tent”) prevail over renegotiating with Izzy and having Adler on the kit for all HIS songs?  I sniff the stench of greed and politics of a one-off or brief series given the scheduled spate of American shows in the can.  But surely so, too, does LN, Slash’s separate counsel and management and Duff’s separate counsel and management.  And maybe even Axl’s live-ins are vaguely aware of the extra dollars that they could eye in Axl’s pocket.  LN has data culling and analytics at its disposal on social media posts.  There is a balloon of mentions/likes/reposts each time Adler appeared and a spike when there’s been any indication of a full FIVE reunion.  In the end, the greed of S/D/A and LN may be to our—the AFD fans’—good.  Perverse, right?

Well said. This time next month we can raise a glass and listen  loud and proud to AFD. The Axl apologists can listen to CD instead. Its interesting Axl always said in interviews he took the name  when everyone was around him on drugs during the illusions tour and trademarked the name for himself to "protect the bands name" incase all members died and no-one therefore would have legally owned the name.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Alt sound Mickey live, so everything is fine. Those concerts are for tsubparagraph ple which attend the shows, not those watching subparagraph streams.GNR performancespeople shit. GNR fans think his voice sounds great on black on sun for example when its a disaster.  Axl goes on full on mickey for GNR which is pitiful. And people love to use the bullshit excuse that AC DC songs are easier to sing.  Axl could easily go full on rasp for SCOM like he used toin the 90s but he choices to do Mickey.

Full On rasp which ruined his voice in the first place, sure. It Is a good thing Axl became a bit wiser. And from all people tell which were at the concerts he doesncC sound Mickey live, so everything is fine. The concerts are for the people which attend the shows not those watching subpar streams.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zurimor said:

Full On rasp which ruined his voice in the first place, sure. It Is a good thing Axl became a bit wiser. And from all people tell which were at the concerts he doesncC sound Mickey live, so everything is fine. The concerts are for the people which attend the shows not those watching subpar streams.

Full on rasp doesn't ruin his voice at all. It just requires effort to do so, something he's not a fan of applying to GN'R.

I agree with the rest of your statement though.

Edited by AlexC

Why is everything so fucking hard with this band?!

Why couldn't have they booked Troubadour on 21st of July (not 20th!!) and played Appetite for Destruction with AFD5 in its entirety? 53 min show. I wouldn't mind!

Just why...?

• Like 2

I just realized something....

If you were a promoter ( and the band as well ) and wanted to do something special ( like have the AFD 5 play together for the AFD 30th anniversary ) but knew it would have to be a one-off show since the contractual agreements ( money split, etc) was already cemented for the tour...meaning that the contract for  the balance of tour would have to be renegotiated if they were to bring Izzy back as a partner ( which is apparently what Izzy wants ) and/or didn't want to have a fan backlash when fans discovered it was just a one-off and that they wouldn't be seeing the AFD 5 when GN'R came to their town....wouldn't a "private" show, sponsored by corporate partners ( vs fan ticket sales)  be the best solution?  That way they could pay Izzy what Izzy wants (for the one show)  and fans wouldn't be able to say, "they had the AFD 5 in St. Louis, we better see them in Miami" etc.  

Also, keep in mind Izzy over the years has stated how he dislikes playing stadiums....so a club show is a good fit to have him back.

That's just a thought.

Now another thought ( more like wishful thinking) is that the newest arena leg of the tour is actually a renegotiated contract that features Izzy, Adler etc...and they are just kicking it off with a private show in NYC for the AFD 30th anniversary.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

This is stupid af

It's a promotional show for Sirius XM and the next US leg of the tour. Sirius XM will have a limited time GnR channel for a couple of weeks.

Why is it stupid? Sirius XM does this with a lot of artists.

This show isn't about us.

It isn't about AFD30.

It's about the $$$.

SiriusXM.

And I'll be the first to say it...there are NOT enough Gn'R songs for a dedicated channel.  

The Guns N' Roses Channnel will get repetitive and boring mighty quickly.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

This show isn't about us.

It isn't about AFD30.

It's about the $$$.

SiriusXM.

And I'll be the first to say it...there are NOT enough Gn'R songs for a dedicated channel.  

The Guns N' Roses Channnel will get repetitive and boring mighty quickly.

As with most band's channels, it won't be just G N'R songs....it will be songs from artists that influenced them as well...AC/DC etc....that, plus some live performances, etc ....the playlist should be plenty varied and lengthy. 

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

As with most band's channels, it won't be just G N'R songs....it will be songs from artists that influenced them as well...AC/DC etc....that, plus some live performances, etc ....the playlist should be plenty varied and lengthy. 

Yeah Howard even said that on the announcement. That the station will play their influences as well. So there'll be loads of Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rolling Stones and probably some Elton John and Queen too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

it doesn't mean a thing. The official Paradise City radio on Dash Radio is excessively repetitive.