GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

13 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Sterns interviews over the last 5 years have been some of the best out there. His ability to get people to talk about anything and everything is what makes him who he is. He's brilliant, go watch Slash's last interview with Stern...the entire ending is talking about Axl and why they should get the band back together...60% of the show was about Guns N Roses and Slash had just released his latest album. Nobody else  was getting to talk to Slash about Axl and even if they did Slash wasn't open to talking about much, but Stern gets more out of his interviews

Wasn't Slash very pissed off about that interview? I remember him going on Opie and Anthony shortly after and not sounding his happiest about that interview. 

GREAT!   Now this is a chance for a reunion, maybe we get to see the fan favorites DJ Ashba, Pittman, Buckethead, Paul whatever join the likes of Melissa, Ferrer, Fartus and Dizzy Reed, where they can totally eject UYI material and play for 1001 time SCOM, Rocket Queen, Mr. Brownstone, It's so easy, Nightrain and all the other AFD classics they never failed to play in the last 30 years!

Fuck Pretty tied up, Locomotive, Breakdown, Dead Horse, Back off, Right next door and all the other tunes they never play anyway.

Maybe if they play at least 12 coves for the encore, that would be a dream come true!

Yes, 2017 - a year full of surprises!!! ;)  ;)  ;)  

• Like 1

I've no problems with the current lineup but if Izzy and Adler aren't going to be at this show then they shouldn't bother doing it. This should be a night where this forum explodes with excitement of trying to watch the real GNR but I've a feeling it's going to turn into another "big announcement " thread full of pissed off fans when it ends up Fortus and Frank on stage :max:

Just now, Blackjacker said:

Different? That's just an article written about the announcement.

Yesterday's was a bit of a mess. This one looks like the purpose of the show is to celebrate the Sirius channel. That's what I meant.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marie82 said:

Yesterday's was a bit of a mess. This one looks like the purpose of the show is to celebrate the Sirius channel. That's what I meant.

OF COURSE that is what this show is for.

Unfortunately :max:

Can't wait for the 50th Anniversary of Appetite when they hold a concert for the 36th Anniversary of Richard Fortus joining the band!

Axl: It's been 50 years since we wrote Appetite!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen..... Mr. Richard "I never even owned the album" Fortus!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Full On rasp which ruined his voice in the first place, sure. It Is a good thing Axl became a bit wiser. And from all people tell which were at the concerts he doesncC sound Mickey live, so everything is fine. The concerts are for the people which attend the shows not those watching subpar streams.

Keep making excuses.  Axl went full on rasp for the whole AC DC tour and he was fine.

And people are in denial that claim Axl does not sound Mickey live at the shows. 

15 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

All his GNR performances are shit. GNR fans think his voice sounds great on black on sun for example when its a disaster.  Axl goes on full on mickey for GNR which is pitiful. And people love to use the bullshit excuse that AC DC songs are easier to sing.  Axl could easily go full on rasp for SCOM like he used toin the 90s but he choices to do Mickey. 

So much hate. Yes different but a disaster? Grow up ?

10 hours ago, AlexC said:

That statement in no way detracts from my opinion of his overall ability whatsoever.

Sure it does lol, I think you are confusing potential with actual performance.  

9 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

that ain't funny

It wasn't meant to be, it's called a FACT.  

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

It wasn't meant to be, it's called a FACT.  

Well your 'fact' is based on nonsense 'cause you didn't read my comment well. Izzy is primarily a songwriter than a guitarist, that was his biggest contribution to the band. Nothing to do with drums and whatnot.

22 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Well your 'fact' is based on nonsense 'cause you didn't read my comment well. Izzy is primarily a songwriter than a guitarist, that was his biggest contribution to the band. Nothing to do with drums and whatnot.

Whatever Jay, you didn't say that.  You said he started as a songwriter, you're wrong get over it.  Bye now.  

10 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Whatever Jay, you didn't say that.  You said he started as a songwriter, you're wrong get over it.  Bye now.  

Well no, you seem to have misinterpreted my comment. Bear in mind that english isn't my first language. I said first as I could have said primarily. But whatever dude, you seem pissed off for aboslutely nothing anyway.

Plus saying he started as a songwriter without playing an instrument is quite absurd, sorry.

Edited by Silent Jay

one thing that makes me happy is that this show is gonna be streamed, right? I think it its and if rly is, Howard's production is gonna mix it and this team is amazing, they always make the bands sound good as fuck, you can hear every single thing happening, is beautiful

2 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

This is the perfect show and time to have Izzy on board. This isn't like negotiations at the beginning of NITL. Axl, Slash and Duff can afford to be generous at this point. The tour is wildly profitable, they are secure in their millions and millions of dollars. They can be secure in the fact that the masses don't care about the line-up or whether Izzy is there or not. Rumor is  they offered Izzy $40,000 for the four shows last April. They can offer him $250,000 or $500,000 for this one show and look like fucking heroes. Plus it will patch up old friendships and toss a bone to the diehards before this all ends. That money is a drop in the bucket to them at this point. From Izzy's standpoint he has less leverage then when this all started, everything has run smoothly and been very profitable without him. If he wants to make any loot off this thing now's the time to do it. Plus a one-off show in a smaller, more controlled venue where he makes a lot of money seems right up his alley. Adler will do it for scraps. They could go on late like they did at the Troubador, do an AFD mix with the AFD5 at midnight to ring in the anniversary and film it for release. So easy. For any other band.

Whatever avenue it takes to get there, I hope he is in...