GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

4 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

one thing that makes me happy is that this show is gonna be streamed, right? I think it its and if rly is, Howard's production is gonna mix it and this team is amazing, they always make the bands sound good as fuck, you can hear every single thing happening, is beautiful

yeah, that would be awesome to listen to every single thing happening on a GNR show

i am just not sure if its gonna be awesome to listen to every single thing happening on this band live show

remember the pro shot from troubadour?

First off..fucking amazing news. Secondly, I haven't had sirius since like 2005. I downloaded the app on my phone and signed up for the free trial and it just let me listen right away, no credit card or anything. I literally can't find any info on the app about the trial or my account. Anyone know how this works?

On 6/21/2017 at 10:10 PM, dalsh327 said:

What about the Troubadour? They could do another "Return to the Ritz" but I doubt it. 

Maybe, but just seems unlikely they hop on a plane right after the Apollo show and do another one the next night in LA...

22 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Keep making excuses.  Axl went full on rasp for the whole AC DC tour and he was fine.

And people are in denial that claim Axl does not sound Mickey live at the shows. 

Yes, he can do it for a short while, but then he needs to rest his voice or he risks to stress his vocal chords too much. Many people arent aware what a dangerous technique rasp is and I think Axl still doesncC do it exactly right.

I can confirm that Axl doesnct sound much Mickey live, his voice is really strong. Did you see any of the shows livekK

Sry for the typos,you can keep them,writing on a phone sucks. :P

Edited by Zurimor

1 hour ago, craiggunslover said:

God this better be an original five show do it properly this time guy's... fingers crossed will see

God this better be an original five show do it properly this time guy's... fingers crossed will see

That's impossible. Ole Beich died in the early '90s.

3 hours ago, Zurimor said:

I can confirm that Axl doesnct sound much Mickey live, his voice is really strong. Did you see any of the shows livekK

I can confirm that Axl does sound like Mickey live, but when its blasted through your ears at 100dB, it doesn't sound so bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, craiggunslover said:

soon some idiot will mention Ole beich or Tracii Guns...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Yes, he can do it for a short while, but then he needs to rest his voice or he risks to stress his vocal chords too much. Many people arent aware what a dangerous technique rasp is and I think Axl still doesncC do it exactly right.

The only reason you dont think Axl sounds like Mickey live is because of all the extra added crowd noise and people singing around it, it drowns out Axls voice.

And again Axl sings with rasp for 90% of the AC DC shows and his voice is fine.  

And dont worry about the typos, I am a terrible speller.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mendez said:

I can confirm that Axl does sound like Mickey live, but when its blasted through your ears at 100dB, it doesn't sound so bad.

Really?  I haven't heard Axl sound like Mickey in quite some time, I don't think you understand what "Mickey" sounding actually is.   And, trust me I've argued with many a people on this board about Axl's voice not sounding good, but it doesn't sound like Mickey.  You're as unrealistic as those who say he sounds "fantastic".  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Really?  I haven't heard Axl sound like Mickey in quite some time, I don't think you understand what "Mickey" sounding actually is.   And, trust me I've argued with many a people on this board about Axl's voice not sounding good, but it doesn't sound like Mickey.  You're as unrealistic as those who say he sounds "fantastic".  

I have a perfect understanding of what Mickey is. He sounds Mickey on the same songs every night, except for when he sporadically screams. I don't need a self-professed connoisseur of a Disney cartoon character to tell me any different just because he has speech and debate experience.

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 2

Just now, Mendez said:

I have a perfect understanding of what Mickey is. He sounds Mickey on the same songs every night, except for when he sporadically screams. I don't need a self-professed connoisseur of a Warner Brothers cartoon character to tell me any different just because he has speech and debate experience.

Well, apparently you do based on this resposne.  Have a good one.  

19 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Look man, I don't mean to be a dick, but your post is cock. Axl sang way better with AC DC than he is with Guns, likely because the songs are fresh. He's been singing the same songs all the while Slash and Duff were doing something different... 

He sounds ok live, sometimes he nails parts of songs but the rest is Mickey. It's laughable that people are buying this YouTube sounds crap bollocks. Lots of fucking bands sound great on YouTube, Including Guns N Roses!! What you hear on YouTube is what you hear live. People think it sounds better there because they are bawling along with him! 

I've been to 2 shows with 2 coming in September. It's hit and miss. Izzy is the only one with Integrity, and they are his fucking songs! I would love to see him get a solo spot in the show each night, 14 years, dust n bones, you ain't the first. Maybe Axl would have more rasp if he got more breaks, or gave a fuck even. 

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Someone questioned a few weeks back why I just come in from time to time on this forum to "defend" the band.

I don't. I come in from time to time to express my opinions, and usually get turned off by stuff as can be seen in this very thread.

We have this cool news about a livestream via Sirius and people want to cry about Adlero or Izzy or Axl's voice. I don't know why some of you even stick around here. And don't get me wrong: I am all for dissenting opinion. I don't get offended because people want to express an opposite view. It's just so discouraging being a fan of the band where even positive news like this turns into a pissing contest.

Life wouldn't be such without a bit of turbulence....Stick around my friend!

PS. Cool AV bro!

tenor.gif

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Smh...stop with the semantics already.

The classic 5 lineup is as original as GN'R gets....just because they had some rift raft lineup calling themselves GN'R for a few short months back in the mid 80's doesn't mean it was GN'R.

Even the band themselves will  tell you they really didn't  become GN'R and a real band until  they made that road trip together.  So calling that early incarnation of a band "original"  is even less authentic than calling New GN'R the original band....so please stop with the nonsense already. 

Yes was just the sperm  Guns, no more , agree