GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

6 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Sirius XM is advertising this as "Appetite For Destruction turns 30 with Sirius XM". So it's official.  This is 100% the AFD anniversary show.

Now let's hope they do something special for it.  

Then why wasn't there a word of that in the press release????

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Adler would play in a heartbeat if they asked him to, with or without Izzy.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

This,sure

22 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Don't think so....not anymore.

I think he'd play half of one song and then swap out with Frank in the middle if they asked him to.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I think he'd play half of one song and then swap out with Frank in the middle if they asked him to.

Ok, glad to hear what you think.  Can we move on with more intriguing fact based discussions now?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Prucc said:

Received awesome news a couple weeks ago. I was able to score a pair of tickets to the event via an Exclusive Subscriber Opportunity email. Really looking forward to this show!

Doesn't sound that awesome. Think of the crowds and subway issues and how late the concert will end. I'm willing to take the tickets off your hands and save you the pain of attending :)

Seriously, congrats!

• Like 4

An Appetite celebration should never happen without the original 5 UNLESS one of them didn't want to be part of it (as it happened with Axl 10 years ago). If Steven and Izzy won't be there, then they should play a regular show and move on.

And (once again) just for the record, Steven NEVER said he wouldn't play again without Izzy. He wants Izzy to be there but traveling to play just two songs and then watch Frank play the rest is what he doesn't want to do anymore. He even said he asked Slash to talk to Axl about the possibilty of doing something special for the Appetite anniversary. If Steven doesn't play at the show, it will be because he wasn't invited, not because of Izzy's absence. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up considering he's been silent for a while again and we saw him hanging out with Slash at a John 5 show AFTER his interviews.

I rather not expect anything anyway, just in case... :lol:

1 minute ago, DaneisKing1389 said:

Did they ever announce anything about winners? I haven't seen an email so I can safely say I didn't win.

Yeah I was hopeing that they would at least send a sorry you didn't win if I was not chosen , that's how other bands concert contests have done in the past 

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

An Appetite celebration should never happen without the original 5 UNLESS one of them didn't want to be part of it (as it happened with Axl 10 years ago). If Steven and Izzy won't be there, then they should play a regular show and move on.

And (once again) just for the record, Steven NEVER said he wouldn't play again without Izzy. He wants Izzy to be there but traveling to play just two songs and then watch Frank play the rest is what he doesn't want to do anymore. He even said he asked Slash to talk to Axl about the possibilty of doing something special for the Appetite anniversary. If Steven doesn't play at the show, it will be because he wasn't invited, not because of Izzy's absence. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up considering he's been silent for a while again and we saw him hanging out with Slash at a John 5 show AFTER his interviews.

I rather not expect anything anyway, just in case... :lol:

Yes, he actually did say he "probably wouldn't do it again unless Izzy was there".   But in context it was referring to guest spots as he had previously done.  As I said, things can certainly change.  

55 minutes ago, triad said:

What was the hint?

She congratulate entire band and hashtagging everybody.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy on Frank's IG also congratulate him and said he gonna meet him on NYC, dunno if it just random meet up or attend regular NYC show or this special show. But considering the rumor that the band member got 40 ticket (at least the big 3, other prolly less amount) from this show to spread, somebody probably gave Tommy the ticket.

• Like 1

Don't wanna start rants but it will be nothing sadder than

1. seeing current line-up playing the show

2. not playing Appetite in its entirety

------

On the other hand, I gotta say this one is on Izzy... If he can suck it up not to get paid, Adler will be there and we will have AFD5 reunion.. So Izzy...your call!

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Don't wanna start rants but it will be nothing sadder than

1. seeing current line-up playing the show

2. not playing Appetite in its entirety

------

On the other hand, I gotta say this one is on Izzy... If he can suck it up not to get paid, Adler will be there and we will have AFD5 reunion.. So Izzy...your call!

I don't think it's on izzy, it's gnr and it's managements call.