GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

2 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

As for the show I couldn't be more excited. Its a miracle I'm in and I'm expecting nothing special. I'm basically expecting Troubadour length and a condensed version of the standard setlist. All the biggest hits which amounts to about an hour and a half to 2 hours. I don't think it'll be the Troubadour set, because I think stuff like November Rain and maybe Estranged will get played which if I remember were not played at the Troubadour. I expect the set to be 15 songs. Pick the 10 or so obvious ones that have to be played from any setlist this tour then add in about 5 that you assume probably will. Anything more and I'll be ecstatic, anything less and I'm still seeing Axl Slash and Duff in a small ass theater filled with an audience of celebrities. Consider me thrilled even if they play 5 songs.

Congrats. Really thrilled for you. :)

• Like 2

Extremely excited for the folks in this forum getting to see Guns at the Apollo. Feels good to know that there will be people there who will really appreciate what they're seeing and hearing! I can't wait. My expectations are not high at all, but I hope they pull out something special. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Damn, thats sad he's not doing what he did before. Cause he really liked asking questions and giving it to a fan that had a fair shot. Oh well, still hope someone here gets it!

Yeah man was a little bummed about that but some chance is better than none. Selfishly I'm hoping he doesn't mention the rules again and just plays a song. A trivia contest would've been more fun. 

He also said it was the final chance "at least on my end" to win tickets. So maybe other channels will have giveaways. 

Edited by goneshootin

55 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Since it relates to the Apollo show...

From twitter, outside the venue:

Edit:  I tried attaching another photo from twitter of a larger #Appetite30th banner in Times Square. Not sure why it won't attach but whatever. There's one in Times Square. 

Edited by mrw80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Since it relates to the Apollo show...

From twitter, outside the venue:

Well, they used the original album cover/cross with the classic 5 ....which is different than the hybrid crosses they were doing during the summer shows which featured just Axl, Slash and Duff......so who knows...

Both Adler and Izzy have been radio/twitter/social media silent for some time now as well.  :shrugs:

17 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Edit:  I tried attaching another photo from twitter of a larger #Appetite30th banner in Times Square. Not sure why it won't attach but whatever. There's one in Times Square. 

I posted it in the unofficial social media thread.

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

I don't think Izzy or Steven will be there. They've been selling merch with the AFD cross since last year and still are, and it's the staple logo for Appetite obviously.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they play the album in full.

There's probably a bigger chance of them not being there.

Adler did mention something to the effect that he knew something was planned for the anniversary a few months back though.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I don't think Izzy or Steven will be there. They've been selling merch with the AFD cross since last year and still are, and it's the staple logo for Appetite obviously.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they play the album in full.

If they play the album in full, front to back, then everyone will know how completely classless these guys are.  I really hope they don't do that.  Just not cool and very disrespectful.   So really hope not.

2 and a half hours of Eddie trunk later I made it through as caller 5 and then caller 37 (ouch- the winner was 39). 

So if any of you who one tickets happen to be in need of a new best friend for Thursday I'm happy to suck it up and attend with you! 

Just now, goneshootin said:

2 and a half hours of Eddie trunk later I made it through as caller 5 and then caller 37 (ouch- the winner was 39). 

So if any of you who one tickets happen to be in need of a new best friend for Thursday I'm happy to suck it up and attend with you! 

All I got was "All circuits are busy" and "Thanks for calling Ozzy's Boneyard!". So I endured Trunk's BS for two and a half lifeless hours to be denied as well :lol:

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

All I got was "All circuits are busy" and "Thanks for calling Ozzy's Boneyard!". So I endured Trunk's BS for two and a half lifeless hours to be denied as well :lol:

Yea the Ozzy boneyard message was annoying (as were some of those callers halfway through the show). 

Plan B is tracking down "chris from Medford" and holding him hostage until he gives me his other ticket ?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I posted it in the unofficial social media thread.

There's probably a bigger chance of them not being there.

Adler did mention something to the effect that he knew something was planned for the anniversary a few months back though.

It'd be more shocking to hear Axl sing You're Crazy from AFD and Anything Goes than it would to see Izzy and Steven tbh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

If they play the album in full, front to back, then everyone will know how completely classless these guys are.  I really hope they don't do that.  Just not cool and very disrespectful.   So really hope not.

I hope they do play the album in full and why not its Appetites 30th. Majority of those songs have been played every concert in the last 30 years anyway.