GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

1 minute ago, no1gooner said:

Could the fact that they have used the cross with the 5 original members mean a Appetite set with the original 5?

Who knows. They've been selling merchandise throughout this entire tour with the same original artwork, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

My question is this- who paid for the advertising? If Sirius put it up, I think it means nothing. If GNR put it up, it likely means something out of the ordinary is in store for Thursday night. While they didn't do a great job with promoting through interviews, etc., they did a really big billboard, bus, etc. campaign prior to launching the NITL tour. 

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current lineup of a band playing a classic album in it's entirety. Other bands do it all the time. Hell, other bands build whole tours around it. Somehow GNR are the worst people every if they do............. 

Agreed. There's nothing wrong in them celebrationg this anniversary or playing the entire record. The only thing that I find kind of bothering in this event is the celebration with "selected guests" and "special subscribers", especially that we're talking about a record that has become famous only thanks to the ordinary fan. Without the great interest and popularity among the average bread eaters, the "establishment" people would forever deny to promote it or play it. So it's kinda ironic that it is them now, who are chosen to celebrate it and not the people who actually made it legendary. But I guess money, fame and high life messes up with everybody's head sooner or later. Wonder what would the Axl and Slash of the 80-s say to that, probably they would laugh that out and ask to be shot if they ever become like that :lol:

29 minutes ago, no1gooner said:

Could the fact that they have used the cross with the 5 original members mean a Appetite set with the original 5?

I hope so !

24 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Who knows. They've been selling merchandise throughout this entire tour with the same original artwork, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

My question is this- who paid for the advertising? If Sirius put it up, I think it means nothing. If GNR put it up, it likely means something out of the ordinary is in store for Thursday night. While they didn't do a great job with promoting through interviews, etc., they did a really big billboard, bus, etc. campaign prior to launching the NITL tour. 

If Sirius had paid for it, their logo would be on it, imo.

It's probably something paid by the band. But who knows.

Edited by supercool

55 minutes ago, Asia said:

Agreed. There's nothing wrong in them celebrationg this anniversary or playing the entire record. The only thing that I find kind of bothering in this event is the celebration with "selected guests" and "special subscribers", especially that we're talking about a record that has become famous only thanks to the ordinary fan. Without the great interest and popularity among the average bread eaters, the "establishment" people would forever deny to promote it or play it. So it's kinda ironic that it is them now, who are chosen to celebrate it and not the people who actually made it legendary. But I guess money, fame and high life messes up with everybody's head sooner or later. Wonder what would the Axl and Slash of the 80-s say to that, probably they would laugh that out and ask to be shot if they ever become like that :lol:

I get that aspect of it too, believe me. GN'R isn't exactly known for treating their fan base well though, so none of that surprises me lol

• Like 2

All fuckin' bands, all fuckin' artists that I appreciate a quarter of what I love GN'R have released (or re-released) their best selling albums for the anniversary, with special shows, double, triple cd's, extras, demos, never-heard-before songs and so on..... if GN'R can't do half of that, then I'll know we are in the presence of a lunatic egomaniac person behind this who doesn't have the slightest idea of how to handle this :facepalm:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Asia said:

The capacity of the Apollo Theater is 1506. If they sold it to normal fans it would have sold out in 30 seconds. Getting tickets would have been luck of getting picked from a virtual waiting room. Either the prices would have been insane from the outset or would have been scalped my most of the lucky purchasers for insane prices. Either scenario eliminates the normal fan from attending.

The way they've done it is essentially the same except they eliminates the insane price part. Basically some lucky people get to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

The capacity of the Apollo Theater is 1506. If they sold it to normal fans it would have sold out in 30 seconds. Getting tickets would have been luck of getting picked from a virtual waiting room. Either the prices would have been insane from the outset or would have been scalped my most of the lucky purchasers for insane prices. Either scenario eliminates the normal fan from attending.

The way they've done it is essentially the same except they eliminates the insane price part. Basically some lucky people get to go.

Okey, I thought it's mostly for guests, and only some part of the tickets are for fans. If a great majority of tickets goes to fans than I take back my criticism ;)

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I like your post. However, they could have set up a lottery system (similar to how it's done for late night TV shows). Either way, it'll be a great gig.