GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

3 hours ago, Asia said:

Agreed. There's nothing wrong in them celebrationg this anniversary or playing the entire record. The only thing that I find kind of bothering in this event is the celebration with "selected guests" and "special subscribers", especially that we're talking about a record that has become famous only thanks to the ordinary fan. Without the great interest and popularity among the average bread eaters, the "establishment" people would forever deny to promote it or play it. So it's kinda ironic that it is them now, who are chosen to celebrate it and not the people who actually made it legendary. But I guess money, fame and high life messes up with everybody's head sooner or later. Wonder what would the Axl and Slash of the 80-s say to that, probably they would laugh that out and ask to be shot if they ever become like that :lol:

Wrong?  I dunno I'm not judge and jury.  But it, in my opinion, it would be totally classless to do with 2 of the 5 members that created the album alive and capable of doing so.  

People who say there is nothing wrong with it lack a moral compass...I'm really not trying to insult anyone personally, but you just have to understand how disrespectful to Izzy and Steven it would be to do that.  

So from that perspective it is "wrong".  Do the right thing celebrate the record, let the fans enjoy this celebration just don't disrespect others in doing so.  Playing the album front to back without including the original 5 would be doing just that.  

In direct response to you Asia, your comments are based on fans point of view and while being a fan is one thing, this is more about something that 5 people (and a few others) created.  While I think bands should generally do things with the fans interest in mind at all times, this one occasion where I don't feel that's necessarily the case as it would be extremely disingenuous to the creative parties intentionally shut out of the celebration.  That just isn't right and even a myopic fan should undrtatand that.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 3

I don't recall specifically if Sirius said it's being broadcast live or not.  I assume it needs mixed for radio broadcast, don't you think?  As opposed to being direct from the soundboard to Sirius?

or maybe it will be worked out in soundcheck.  I assume they want it to sound the best for broadcast.

Would be cool if the ''next'' GnR album is a AFD30th special edition with some nice extras, better than nothing. 
Anyone knows if any AFD era concert was shot in film? I hope so, would be a dream, but i think we will only get a AFD30th album this time, or not even that.

5 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

I don't recall specifically if Sirius said it's being broadcast live or not.  I assume it needs mixed for radio broadcast, don't you think?  As opposed to being direct from the soundboard to Sirius?

or maybe it will be worked out in soundcheck.  I assume they want it to sound the best for broadcast.

That would seriously suck if a radio that organizes the show doesn't broadcast it live...

EDIT : "The special event, taking place before the next leg of the band’s North American Not In This Lifetime tour, will air live, nationwide, on SiriusXM’s Guns N’ Roses Radio, the band’s limited-run SiriusXM channel."

Edited by Nalbi
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Yes this will be broadcast live and according to the commercials I have heard GnR go on at 10pm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyler Drama said:

Proud to say @Black Sabbath and I will be attending! Can't wait for this one.

Congrats! Was talking to Black Sabbath yesterday and was rooting for you guys. Just got home from work and my dad said "you have to download Howard, some guy named Tyler won tickets" and I was like "yes!!!!!!" Will be cool to see you guys there.

1 hour ago, jross4000 said:

Did you guys get hard tickets, Tyler? What do they look like?

FYI great job on the show! You guys deserve it!

Curious about this also. Did they come with seat assignments?  I pick up my tickets day of, and I'm not sure what to expect. 

19 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I don't believe you.

YOU'RE A LIAR!

(I'd give my extra ticket to anyone that knows what I'm referencing)

Bob Dylan at Royal Albert Hall with The Band (minus Levon)? We can share a cab from the airpot. Looking forward to the show!

Sorry. Skimming on a mobile phone. Glanced over the other responses. Oops

Edited by Jephro Rucastle

Guys, be careful when looking for a ticket on Craigslist...

Some scumbag has been trying to scam me for 3 days in a row from different phone numbers. When I asked to send a picture of the ticket, he sent one from 1991 (covered the date)

37 minutes ago, Strekoza said:

Guys, be careful when looking for a ticket on Craigslist...

Some scumbag has been trying to scam me for 3 days in a row from different phone numbers. When I asked to send a picture of the ticket, he sent one from 1991 (covered the date)

Good to know. I only saw one listing on CL and emailed but didn't get a response. 

For those of you who won or got tickets - do you actually have tickets in hand or is it all will call?

For anyone else in the NYC area without tickets, have you given any thought to going to harlem on Thursday and hoping for the best? I'm debating trying to schmooze the sirius people or otherwise get lucky or find a scalper but a) it may be a giant waste of time, and b) not sure how good the area is. 

Edited by goneshootin
added a question

Yeah, I actually went as far as sending him 200$. Then google pay automatically blocked the transaction due to a red flag on his account. So he began calling me names and saying that I'm a scammer, lol.

I'm going to show up also, hopefully they'll let us in. 

Just now, Strekoza said:

Yeah, I actually went as far as sending him 200$. Then google pay automatically blocked the transaction due to a red flag on his account. So he began calling me names and saying that I'm a scammer, lol.

I'm going to show up also, hopefully they'll let us in. 

Oh man, thats good it didn't go through. I've actually never used craigslist to buy anything, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm guessing by the complete lack of tickets on stub hub or any other reseller sites there is nobody who actually has tickets in hand. 

At least I won't be the only one showing up without a ticket. Worst case theres a great southern food place nearby where I can go drown my tears in a beer and some southern style chicken.

19 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

For anyone else in the NYC area without tickets, have you given any thought to going to harlem on Thursday and hoping for the best?

Nope. My office is 55th/5th, maybe 30 min walk/subway ride, and I'd gladly pay a couple hundred bucks to get in (or to a homeless guy to stand in line for me) but I'm totally not inclined to "hang out" and hope for the best, nor to stroke TB's ego (or anything else) in hopes that they like my shirt and let me in.  Too old and cranky for that.

Edited by Blackjacker