GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

19 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I think the fact this thread's only 13 pages long speaks volumes

Yea you take the fans from going you seclude quite a few people. Luckily this is getting streamed so we will all get a chance to hear it. But I think that part makes people nervous. I am completely conflicted on rather Axl can bring it when it comes to GNR. 

But I think what will happen is the first 4 songs will sound great, then his voice will falter on the tougher songs but by then most people will have tuned out except hardcore fans and it will go over well. Stern will say how great the show was and we will have an updated soundboard...so it should be a good night imo 

my hopes are we see AFD played in its entirety and Axl tears the place apart with some thunderous vocals and this thread turns into a renewed love fest for Axl haha

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The thing is Izzy doesn't really want to be apart of a huge band. His "loot" story is probably a half truth, Izzy knew they wouldn't pay him and he asked for something exclude him from the gig. nobody boy Izzy left during UYI, which tell you were his heart has been.

If Izzy simply didn't want to be involved (and no other reason) then he could've just said no. I think the man is very capable of doing that. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle izzy no gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, annabanana said:

Isn't it possible that what he may have meant by the loot tweet (considering what Steven said that Izzy wants to do it the right way) is that afd5 with profits divided equally among the 5 of them and the others said no hence they don't want to share the loot equally?

I don't believe Izzy's heart is into GNR at all. I think he probably asked about money distribution and they said no and he said, "fuck you".  But, he never had any real interest. And, he hasn't said anything to the contrary. I love the guy, and I don't think he is playing the victim, but the band doesn't need him at all. VR and Chinese are good without Izzy.

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

If Izzy simply didn't want to be involved (and no other reason) then he could've just said no. I think the man is very capable of doing that. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle izzy no gif

He did say no, in a passive aggressive way. He asked for something he knew he wasn't going to receive to exclude him from the get-go.

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I don't believe Izzy's heart is into GNR at all. I think he probably asked about money distribution and they said no and he said, "fuck you".  But, he never had any real interest. And, he hasn't said anything to the contrary. I love the guy, and I don't think he is playing the victim, but the band doesn't need him at all. VR and Chinese are good without Izzy.

He did say no, in a passive aggressive way. He asked for something he knew he wasn't going to receive to exclude him from the get-go.

I was just wondering where you're basing this on, I mean what made you think/say that?

18 minutes ago, annabanana said:

I was just wondering where you're basing this on, I mean what made you think/say that?

I've given a lot thought Izzy's involvment. I once romanticized his involvement, too. But, I base my opinion off his interviews about essentially checking out in '89 once he got sober. And the subsequent interviews from Axl and Slash about his refusal to properly record the UYI records and this all culminated in him leaving the band in '91 and selling his stake in the band. Based off those actions I just don't believe his heart is into this band. I do believe he sniffed around during the reunion negotations and made some soft inquires about his possible involvement. I further believe he was reminded of his sold stake and that he had no leverage and if he did have interest it would be at reduced cost and he said fuck it. Pure speculation.

8 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

That's ridiculous. If he never had any real interest he wouldn't have been so pissed off. Publicly. For a long time.

"You owe me one, bro."

Yo Soy Axl Rose

The lyrics to Sunshine and Stuck in the Middle

Tweeting the John Oliver video about how people that participate in April Fools Day are dicks (on the day of the secret Troubadour show)

FP Money (with Matt Sorum, one of the other rejects)

The Bullshit! tweet

Whatever happened, and we don't really know what happened, Izyy wanted to be involved in some capacity and did not take his non-involvement well.

Hey, I said it was pure speculation. 

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I've given a lot thought Izzy's involvment. I once romanticized his involvement, too. But, I base my opinion off his interviews about essentially checking out in '89 once he got sober. And the subsequent interviews from Axl and Slash about his refusal to properly record the UYI records and this all culminated in him leaving the band in '91 and selling his stake in the band. Based off those actions I just don't believe his heart is into this band. I do believe he sniffed around during the reunion negotations and made some soft inquires about his possible involvement. I further believe he was reminded of his sold stake and that he had no leverage and if he did have interest it would be at reduced cost and he said fuck it. Pure speculation.

Thanks. I thought it was based on something else.

14 hours ago, Cornholio said:

"C'mon, coward. You wanna fuck up the show for everybody? 'Cause I've got no problem — I will leave. We will all leave. You wanna play games? You can fuck yourself or we can have some fun. You guys wanna have fun? Then I don't need no little fucking pussies like we had the other night at that club. You wanna fuck with me and my boys? We will leave."

Anyone notice how the vocals continue after he stops singing?

9 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Damn, your right it does. So Axl sings to a backing track? 

He used the album background vocals in 2009-2010 because they didn't exactly have Melissa back then to sing the harmonies

Pitman was atrocious and got really noticeable in the mix from 2011-2014 when he tried to sing background on anything

Edited by TheSeeker

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You believe this and I don't.  And obviously neither one of us know what the whole truth is. We're just guessing. 

But let's assume that you are right. If the money was not a problem (or at least part of it) but just an excuse. In that light Izzy's reactions (the loot tweet, F.P. Money etc.) would be really irrational or very dishonest. And that's the reason why I can't believe it. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

You believe this and I don't.  And obviously neither one of us know what the whole truth is. We're just guessing. 

But let's assume that you are right. If the money was not a problem (or at least part of it) but just an excuse. In that light Izzy's reactions (the loot tweet, F.P. Money etc.) would be really irrational and even dishonest. And that's the reason why I can't believe it. 

Izzy is cool as fuck. True GNR. I just think his heart isn't into it. And, I was super bummed he isn't there. I truly beileve he should be there are an equal, but I believe he communicated in some way that his heart isn't into it. He didn't want shit to do with VR, either. Izzy is just the man, and doesn't fuck with lead singers, thus he had no reason to be in the reunion.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy is cool as fuck. True GNR. I just think his heart isn't into it. And, I was super bummed he isn't there. I truly beileve he should be there are an equal, but I believe he communicated in some way that his heart isn't into it. He didn't want shit to do with VR, either. Izzy is just the man, and doesn't fuck with lead singers, thus he had no reason to be in the reunion.

I'm very sad too that Izzy isn't involved with this tour. He's been my favorite from the get-go. I saw Gn'R live first time in my life last week and it was a great experience. But if Izzy would've been there, that would've been a dream come true. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

If this is the case then it's pretty shitty to go on twitter and accuse his former bandmates (and friends) of being all about the money and not wanting to split the loot.

if this is how he felt everyone would totally respect him coming out and saying..."yah I talked with those guys and I'm just not really into all that touring and commitment, etc.  maybe a one of show or spot here or there, but not all of it."

no disrespect to anyone else, total class.....

problem is that isn't what happened or we'd have seen him show up at some point by now.  What happened is they couldn't come to an agreement on salary for whatever his role would have been and he came out and told the world just that.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

Izzy isn't in Bc Izzy didn't want to do a half-assed reunion. 

Izzy knows what he contributed and isn't taking Fortus money, while the other 3 talk about how difficult it is for them to put their signature on a document stating they will make millions on this tour. 

From a fan perspective I wish it was easier to get them all back together but for whatever reason it's just not. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

If this is the case then it's pretty shitty to go on twitter and accuse his former bandmates (and friends) of being all about the money and not wanting to split the loot.

if this is how he felt everyone would totally respect him coming out and saying..."yah I talked with those guys and I'm just not really into all that touring and commitment, etc.  maybe a one of show or spot here or there, but not all of it."

no disrespect to anyone else, total class.....

problem is that isn't what happened or we'd have seen him show up at some point by now.  What happened is they couldn't come to an agreement on salary for whatever his role would have been and he came out and told the world just that.

It's all speculation. It's fun to speculate, but Izzy would be there right now had he finished the UYI tour. He walked out, and couldn't get back in at his previous level. I wonder if these guys will ever speak at length about all this stuff. Even Izzy kept his comments brief. 

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It's all speculation. It's fun to speculate, but Izzy would be there right now had he finished the UYI tour. He walked out, and couldn't get back in at his previous level. I wonder if these guys will ever speak at length about all this stuff. Even Izzy kept his comments brief. 

No it's really not speculation bc at this point you have to believe what Izzy said.  They wouldn't pay him what he wanted.  That appears to be fact.  Now whether they offered him a reasonable amount or not is subject to speculation as there is no one that has spoken to more specific details such as that, directly.  Even Steven hasn't discussed more specific items such as that. 

The legal maneuvering that occur behind the scenes to me are irrelevant.  As a fan, with all five AFD members alive, it's a shame they can't get together in some way so we could see them perform together again as that unit even if it was for just a handful of songs each night on the tour, bc that's what a lot (most) of us want to see.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 2:31 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Yea you take the fans from going you seclude quite a few people. Luckily this is getting streamed so we will all get a chance to hear it. But I think that part makes people nervous. I am completely conflicted on rather Axl can bring it when it comes to GNR. 

But I think what will happen is the first 4 songs will sound great, then his voice will falter on the tougher songs but by then most people will have tuned out except hardcore fans and it will go over well. Stern will say how great the show was and we will have an updated soundboard...so it should be a good night imo 

my hopes are we see AFD played in its entirety and Axl tears the place apart with some thunderous vocals and this thread turns into a renewed love fest for Axl haha

My exact thoughts when it comes to how I am cringing at the thought of Axls performance. This should be the best non altered audio concert we have heard in a long time. As I am assuming the audio played over the SiriusXM airwaves to be mixed properly using each member soundboard which should provide the best sound quality. And if Axl shits the bed on it with any Mickey Mouse shrill, I really don't see how it doesn't make for relentless banter if he sounds anything like he has on the most recent leg of the tour.

If there's one show he really needs to bring his A-game it's this one. If he has an A-game left, I guess we'll see. I for one certainly hope so I would hate for this to be his last Legacy moment if it doesn't go well.

4 hours ago, ll_tj1 said:

My exact thoughts when it comes to how I am cringing at the thought of Axls performance. This should be the best non altered audio concert we have heard in a long time. As I am assuming the audio played over the SiriusXM airwaves to be mixed properly using each member soundboard which should provide the best sound quality. And if Axl shits the bed on it with any Mickey Mouse shrill, I really don't see how it doesn't make for relentless banter if he sounds anything like he has on the most recent leg of the tour.

If there's one show he really needs to bring his A-game it's this one. If he has an A-game left, I guess we'll see. I for one certainly hope so I would hate for this to be his last Legacy moment if it doesn't go well.

My fear is Axl hasn't practiced singing these songs with rasp or any other voice in so long that he couldn't control it and so naturally he will just sing the way he's been singing on tour...which will suck on many of the classics. 

If they play something different like You're Crazy, Think About you then you will likely hear the best of Axl Bc when he reverts back to singing something he hasn't in a while he goes with his 88-93 style, but make it a staple in the set and he learns to Mickey it. 

Idk why he sings like that now, obviously it's a voice protection thing, but still...surely there's a safe way to sing the songs in a safer way that protects the voice and sounds good. 

If this was an AC/DC show I would be thrilled! But since he's doing this with GNR I'm a bit nervous. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Idk why he sings like that now, obviously it's a voice protection thing, but still...surely there's a safe way to sing the songs in a safer way that protects the voice and sounds good. 

There has to be.. He has so many cool vocal styles that he could use.. That "Mickey" one is fucking awful...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

I didn't get an email about the Nightrain contest. Is it for US fans only? I guess all of their contests are..

US residents only. Contrary to what they were advertising when I renewed my membership to Nightrain just after the reunion announcements. Before that time contest were  open to all fans on the globe. 

On 7/6/2017 at 5:39 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

GNR's likely to do another residency and small-ish UCAP shows in the future, and Izzy wanting a bigger piece of the pie would be fine for those gigs. I'm sure if it was up to Duff he'd prefer Sorum over Ferrer and want Izzy there, but he's not going to take a pay cut from these stadium tours to make it happen, with the time spent in rehearsing, crew, setlist debates, etc. However if they do a few nights at Hollywood Bowl and Izzy wants a payday, sure, why not. Just an opinion.