GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

1 hour ago, slim26 said:

SiriusXM has invited many subscribers to the show.  They have been told to show up to the Apollo at a specified time 2 days before to pick up their tickets.  I think the one you are referring to is for a separate contest for the show.

Interesting. First I've heard of this. I wonder how they were selected. 

Im trying to register on sirius xm but no luck, when I did it from my macbook it gave me an error 16, so I tried from my phone, it told me that a confirmation mail would be sent to me, but I havent received it, does it work outside the US?

Take it for what it's worth, but over on HTGTH, someone posted that info they received from Sirius is that check in is between 7-8pm. Everyone must be seated by 8:30.  Show from 9-12:30am. 

I have been envisioning this as a shorter set, but who knows. 

12 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Sirius XM is advertising this as "Appetite For Destruction turns 30 with Sirius XM". So it's official.  This is 100% the AFD anniversary show.

Now let's hope they do something special for it.  

Where is it being advertised as such? 

Adler + Izzy! This show will be amazing! 

Kidding, that's cool they are planning a 3 and a half hour show. I wouldn't expect a setlist much different than what we are getting now. Not much time for them to put something together, but the smaller stage and intimate venue would make for a good acoustic section of the show 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Adler + Izzy! This show will be amazing! 

Kidding, that's cool they are planning a 3 and a half hour show. I wouldn't expect a setlist much different than what we are getting now. Not much time for them to put something together, but the smaller stage and intimate venue would make for a good acoustic section of the show 

They won't be there

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yep.

I really think we're in one of those situations where everyone is going to set themselves up for disappointment by thinking a LOT more is going to happen.

At most I think You're Crazy might be played...I think the main goal of the show is to play until midnight so they can technically play into the anniversary.

thats honestly what I think their great ideas are...they picture it being July 21st just past midnight in a theatre with the final notes of PC playing and confetti falling everywhere. I'm sure the creative team with GNR was like "that will be perfect!" And we are going to be over here like "doesn't every show end like this?"

I'm pretty sure the GnR channel that culminates with this show is mostly just a last minute promotional push for the North American NITL tour dates.  Therefore, I wouldn't expect Izzy or Steven or playing the entire AFD.  You wouldn't promote a tour of the Axl, Slash, Duff and Dizzy with touring musicians by having a "special" show that won't be like the tour.

27 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

They won't be there

Isn't it likely that Steven would be there to make an appearance for a song or two?  They've had him on for a handful of random other shows, why wouldn't they have him for the AFD anniversary show?

15 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Isn't it likely that Steven would be there to make an appearance for a song or two?  They've had him on for a handful of random other shows, why wouldn't they have him for the AFD anniversary show?

If ones there the other one will be! But i dont think we will see either 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I'm afraid his openness with the press has ended his participation.

2 hours ago, mrw80 said:

What @Gibbo said.  Steven has said he won't play with GnR further unless Izzy is there too.  Of course things could change....

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

What @Gibbo said.  Steven has said he won't play with GnR further unless Izzy is there too.  Of course things could change....

I guess I must have missed that. Well, that's a shame. It's a pretty special occasion and it would be cool for him (or both) to be there. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep.

I really think we're in one of those situations where everyone is going to set themselves up for disappointment by thinking a LOT more is going to happen.

Definitely.

Nothing out of the ordinary will happen, but it will be great to see them in a small, historic venue.