GUNS N' ROSES LIVE AT THE APOLLO THEATER IN NYC, JULY 20TH

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current lineup of a band playing a classic album in it's entirety. Other bands do it all the time. Hell, other bands build whole tours around it. Somehow GNR are the worst people every if they do............. 

It would be a hell of a lot better with Adler and Izzy though.... No way I am getting my hopes up but for some reason I almost feel like it is possible.. If they do play the entire album, I hope the blue haired twit takes in the awesomeness from backstage or the audience.. No need for her to be up there at all for that...

• Like 1

Playing the whole album would be neat, but it is still a hollow celebration while they refuse to reunite the full band and the other two guys want to do it. Of course it isn't a completely authentic experience when the full band who made it isn't up there when they could be.

I still hope this is a killer show, though, especially for Omar and Gunsfanoldie!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Whoever playing ain't really care. I just wanna listen the soundboard recording.

Pretty much this!!! We really need a proshot and a soundboard from them...God! It's taking forever...

5 minutes ago, vail2004 said:

Amazing some of the ridiculous nitpicking in this forum.  I was at two of the Hammerstein shows in 2006 and they are some of my very best GnR live memories (and I was at 3 1991-92 shows).  And the Apollo is even more intimate and iconic.  I will be there Thursday night and I cant f'ing wait.  Seeing GnR in such an environment is a once in a lifetime event and a freaking gift.

So if they play AFD w original lineup thats gravy.  But just seeing these guys and specifically Axl and Slash on the same stage and crushing it is one of the only good things in a pretty crazy world these days.

I dont post much but I will try to put something up Friday

Have a blast! Us criticizing the lack of original band celebrating doesn't mean we don't want fans to attend to have the time of their life! Wish I could join all of you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current lineup of a band playing a classic album in it's entirety. Other bands do it all the time. Hell, other bands build whole tours around it. Somehow GNR are the worst people every if they do............. 

TBH, if it's just the current lineup (instead of the classic one) - I don't really care what they play at the Apollo. They could play all the songs from AFD or they could play the Seeker 20 times in a row and it wouldn't make any difference to me.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

How hard it is to have AFD5 for 53min....?! I mean come on! 

It would be a dream come true.

But oh, how hard they will make it for themselves if St. Louis comes around and they then don't continue with the original lineup. I can just imagine the backlash, and knowing this fanbase... it'll be a big one.

Some will say if it's a one-time-only deal, the fans will understand. I think not, but I hope to be wrong though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

But oh, how hard they will make it for themselves if St. Louis comes around and they then don't continue with the original lineup. I can just imagine the backlash, and knowing this fanbase... it'll be a big one.

Some will say if it's a one-time-only deal, the fans will understand. I think not, but I hope to be wrong though.

This is why I'm not expecting Izzy and Steven there. Can you imagine watching the AFD 5 one day then going to St Louis a few days later and back to Fortus and Frank. There would be a big backlash from it 

7 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

This is why I'm not expecting Izzy and Steven there. Can you imagine watching the AFD 5 one day then going to St Louis a few days later and back to Fortus and Frank. There would be a big backlash from it 

Another riot..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spirit said:

You're absolutely right... Still.. I wanna see AFD5!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

speaking for myself, it would be ok if it's only a on-time-only thingy, but i'm sure most of the diehard AFD-lineup fans would go to riot:blink:

21 minutes ago, starlight said:

If they play the AFD album and celebrate the 30th anniversary of it without Izzy and Steven they are big assholes.

...that means they are big asshole per se for you? -cause they have 8 out of 11 songs from AFD at the setlist the whole NITLT tour long, so 3 more songs would make a difference:question:

4 minutes ago, EricA said:

speaking for myself, it would be ok if it's only a on-time-only thingy, but i'm sure most of the diehard AFD-lineup fans would go to riot:blink:

...that means they are big asshole per se for you? -cause they have 8 out of 11 songs from AFD at the setlist the whole NITLT tour long, so 3 more songs would make a difference:question:

The difference to the NITLT tour is that this show is specifically announced as 30th anniversary show for AFD - an album non of the others had anything to do with... 

I would say skip melissa and dizzy completely for these shows - I'm pretty sure that steven will be there too - not sure bout Izzy if he's  there I expect max 1 or 2 songs with the original 5.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EricA said:

No it's because this is a special occasion, the celebration of the AFD album and Steven and Izzy deserve to be included and be considered as important as the others who wrote the songs

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kula2006 said:

The difference to the NITLT tour is that this show is specifically announced as 30th anniversary show for AFD - an album non of the others had anything to do with... 

I would say skip melissa and dizzy completely for these shows - I'm pretty sure that steven will be there too - not sure bout Izzy if he's  there I expect max 1 or 2 songs with the original 5.

The show hasn't been officially announced as an anniversary show yet, as far as I've seen. The poster says Not in This Lifetime.

Given the date, I agree it's feasible to think so though, also with the AFD posters we've seen now.

Open to all possibilities, the AFD posters might also be related to a release of sorts.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

The show hasn't been officially announced as an anniversary show yet, as far as I've seen. The poster says Not in This Lifetime.

Given the date, I agree it's feasible to think so though, also with the AFD posters we've seen now.

Open to all possibilities, the AFD posters might also be related to a release of sorts.

The poster says appettite 30th so it's the anniversary

29 minutes ago, Kula2006 said:

Dizzy (and melissa) will stay for sure, and for izzy and steven, you are right, the only scenario are guestspottings for a few song, but never a whole AFD set, because - see my post above -> "riot" at all upcoming shows afterwards! 

13 minutes ago, starlight said:

No it's because this is a special occasion, the celebration of the AFD album and Steven and Izzy deserve to be included and be considered as important as the others who wrote the songs

of course they will deserve it, and it would be a dream come true for most of us...but i'm really not too optimistic for it to happen!

Edited by EricA

6 minutes ago, supercool said:

The posters at the Apollo Theater.

img_0810.jpg

I'm just open to all possibilities. In theory, the posters could be there to promote a release, since they're playing there. The above posters don't mention the show.

The official show poster looks like this and says "Not in This Lifetime":

55-41115-17-1202_j_gnr_apollo_social_700

Though, I do agree that it certainly looks like some sort of AFD celebration during the show given the AFD posters popping up.