GNR rehearsed "beggars and hangers on" in 1993, footage inside

No surprise at all.  By now most of us already knew that beggars, ftb, serial killer, slither, doin fine, back to the moment, ( among others) were songs wrotten and mostly arrenged by GNR,  .. Thats old news.

I hope someday somebody reveal us that twat better and til were also worked by 'old gnr" before the break up.  I have not doubt about it.

8 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

No surprise at all.  By now most of us already knew that beggars, ftb, serial killer, slither, doin fine, back to the moment, ( among others) were songs wrotten and mostly arrenged by GNR,  .. Thats old news.

I hope someday somebody reveal us that twat better and til were also worked by 'old gnr" before the break up.  I have not doubt about it.

That's not old news, just lies you like to spread. Where is the proof that GNR has anything to do with Serial Killer? Axl said Slash showed him a piece of what became Fall To Pieces but took it away from him as soon as he showed some interest so no, GNR didn't arrange shit. Slither? Back To The Moment? TWAT? If you like the song, then it must have been from original GNR? That's how it works?

I remember someone pointing this out when Guns played Australian NITL shows.  Personally i much prefer the groovier version on the album.  Matt plays a bit different to lock in with Inez's very signature bass part.   

Yes, I know Duff has a writing credit on it.

1 hour ago, SEPTEM said:

TIL was around during old guns, but not sure about TWAT. Better had nothing to do with old guns, it was mostly written by Robin Fink sometime in the early 2000's

1 hour ago, Nosaj Thing said:

It was posted a while ago.  Love that fucking riff.

Video isn't from 1993, though.

The clips are from the 1993 Australian tour. They were dug out by Channel 7 last year when the 2017 tour was announced.

2 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

The only CD era songs that the old band worked on were possibly This I Love and Oh My God. All did parts of TIL on the piano in 1993 and I'm pretty sure Duff and Matt heard OMG but "failed to see its potential."

1 hour ago, liers said:

The only CD era songs that the old band worked on were possibly This I Love and Oh My God. All did parts of TIL on the piano in 1993 and I'm pretty sure Duff and Matt heard OMG but "failed to see its potential."

Potential? This song is horrible and doesn't sound like GnR at all. Since Duff said they worked on a song for a Jackie Chan movie back then, I think, 'Checkmate' was one of o few CD songs Duff and Matt knew about. 

IMO Cure me or kill me, Beggars and hangers on, Back to the moment, Fall to pieces, Slither, Set me free, etc were songs considered for the post UYI era. These songs simply sounds like GnR. And since Axl didn't want to put lyrics on them, they did it with some other voices. 

Could have simply been nothing too. Me and the other members will jam random shit with our band then we use it with a different band. May be nothing to it at that stage except Slash riffing and a rhythm section joining in. Its what musicians do. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth