can axl sing like axl -- one song per show?

ludurigan

axl rose showed us all last year that axl can sing like axl when he wants to

its too bad that he apparently doesnt want to sing like that on the slash and duff tour

so how about not do that for the whole show but pick one different song every show to sing like that -- to sing like axl?

yes, 1 song per show. every show a different song. is that possible?

No he cannot sing like he use to. If there was one gig in which he could have given a weak performance it was Ireland in 2010...instead he just sang the way he knew how, it was natural for him to use rasp and to use a chest voice. There is nothing natural about the way he sings now, it's miles from his natural low voice, So that means he lost his natural chest voice and had to resort to a head voice. He had no reason to make this switch...he wasn't cleaning up his voice for an album, or anything else. All we can do is speculate about what caused the loss of his 2010 voice. It won't return. I want to say ACDC was a return to form, but even that wasn't natural for him anymore and took a ton of vocal work to accomplish.

these examples of a bored non effort performance by Axl should have given us his famous Mickey voice...but it didn't. The Mickey voice isn't an effort thing, it's a style choice. He chooses to sing the songs with his head voice that produces that sound.

instead 2010 Dublin still produced some of his best vocals bc he's not exerting any energy and is singing in the voice (chest) he used that whole year which remained natural to him until something happened between the last show that year and rio 2011...now  Axl wouldn't be able to pull off vocals like this again unless he put in a serious effort with vocal coaches and retrained himself to sing these songs...I'm afraid even then it would never sound as natural as it did in 2010

He absolutely could sound like he does with AC/DC at every show he just can't be bothered putting in the effort. And by effort I don't just mean during the show, Axl always tries 100% during the show, I mean maintaining his voice and warming up etc. he's only willing to do that when he feels it's absolutely necessary. He must've done it a bit during the start of NITL but they've probably got all the footage they're gonna use for a DVD or whatever and now he's just content to half ass it for most of the way. It is what it is but it has nothing to do with capability.

On 23.6.2017 at 7:37 AM, ludurigan said:

axl rose showed us all last year that axl can sing like axl when he wants to

He's been singing so much with his more aerial voice now, from 2001 and onwards, that that is how Axl sings. Just look at the numbers, about 5000 songs sung pre-2001 and more than 8000 song after. The helium voice is now his signature singing style.

51 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He's been singing so much with his more aerial voice now, from 2001 and onwards, that that is how Axl sings. Just look at the numbers, about 5000 songs sung pre-2001 and more than 8000 song after. The helium voice is now his signature singing style.

i guess you are correct in a sense

this nonsense clean voice that he used on his solo album (and that he's been using for the last "8.000" songs on his solo and threeunion tours) is exactly what you said -- that's how axl sings now

and that's how hes been singing for the last 16 years

but i dont think it will ever be considered "axl's signature style" not now, and not in the future

thankfully he used his... huh... "original voice" on all GNR albums

and on all GNR tours

and it is by that voice -- that glorious, undisputed, unsurpassed, impossible to duplicate voice -- that's he will likely be remembered 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 or 1000 fucking years from now

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 9:29 AM, IncitingChaos said:

these examples of a bored non effort performance by Axl should have given us his famous Mickey voice...but it didn't. The Mickey voice isn't an effort thing, it's a style choice. He chooses to sing the songs with his head voice that produces that sound.

instead 2010 Dublin still produced some of his best vocals bc he's not exerting any energy and is singing in the voice (chest) he used that whole year which remained natural to him until something happened between the last show that year and rio 2011...now  Axl wouldn't be able to pull off vocals like this again unless he put in a serious effort with vocal coaches and retrained himself to sing these songs...I'm afraid even then it would never sound as natural as it did in 2010

Why is Axl behaving like that? Was that how the whole show played out? I'm so confused :question:

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He left the stage after being bottled for being late. He returned about an hour later and spent the remainder of the show like that! :lol:

How embarrassing for the guys on stage with him #awks :P

*goes to youtube to have a look*

• Like 1

On 28/6/2017 at 0:22 AM, Marie82 said:

Did you get an answer?:lol:

Yes, but it was so lengthy and vague that I got confused.

1. he loves the 'Mickey' voice, or
  2. he is sure we love the 'Mickey' voice, or
  3. Slash told him that he loves the 'Mickey' voice and to use it more, or
  4. some songs need that type of singing to get modern, or....

Shall I ask him again? :lol:

• Like 1