Staffless Conveinence Store

wasted

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

but it's cool cos some places hire young people that are vulnerable to asses that come in and attack them. so kudos?

I've been in retail since I was 16 (19 now). As bad as most of the customers are, it's taught me a lot of life skills like picking my battles and how to spend my paycheck. But I see your point. Teenagers shouldn't have to deal with people treating them like shit. Nobody should, really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I've been in retail since I was 16 (19 now). As bad as most of the customers are, it's taught me a lot of life skills like picking my battles and how to spend my paycheck. But I see your point. Teenagers shouldn't have to deal with people treating them like shit. Nobody should, really.

i was really thinking of people coming in and robbing the place and killing the innocent cashier but y0u made a good point. i was on my own and working fast food when i was 18 and people would come in and treat my co-workers and myself like complete crap. but i never stooped to spitting in their food ( although my one boss made us pick up the chicken we'd drop onto the greasy, filthy floor then throw it in the french fry vat to "sterilize" it :facepalm: )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i was really thinking of people coming in and robbing the place and killing the innocent cashier but y0u made a good point. i was on my own and working fast food when i was 18 and people would come in and treat my co-workers and myself like complete crap. but i never stooped to spitting in their food ( although my one boss made us pick up the chicken we'd drop onto the greasy, filthy floor then throw it in the french fry vat to "sterilize" it :facepalm: )

True, nobody should be treated badly. But you can quit or deal with it.

I was thinking more in bad areas where it gets robbed. Like certain ATMs you get robbed. So they shut them. Staffless shops do look open to stealing but what if theres one security guard. They still save money. Or they take the hit on a few packs of chips. Plus with all the cctv cameras and fingerprinting, facial recog ststems you might not get far be the Minority Report Team find you holding your diet soda and chips. 20 years for soda. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

True, nobody should be treated badly. But you can quit or deal with it.

I was thinking more in bad areas where it gets robbed. Like certain ATMs you get robbed. So they shut them. Staffless shops do look open to stealing but what if theres one security guard. They still save money. Or they take the hit on a few packs of chips. Plus with all the cctv cameras and fingerprinting, facial recog ststems you might not get far be the Minority Report Team find you holding your diet soda and chips. 20 years for soda.  

i presume you are not an 18 year old wet behind the ears kid, living on their own for the first time while attending college, working a whatever you can get job while dealing with all the fun adult things like paying rent and bills huh? :) well neither am at this point in time but i was, and i took the crap from the rude people, and like i said i never even spit in anyone's food :P 

but that was 20 years ago. i guess i watch too many of those murder shows on the ID channel cos there have been some bad ones where young kids have been killed working late night at fast food places or convenience stores but like me maybe they didn't have much of a choice. i never worked a night shift alone but reguarly worked it with only one other female and two make cooks in the back ( KFC was my first .) but i recall one case where there were 4 to 5 employees working closing and they all ended up shot to death. so yeah... agreed, these staffless convenience stores sound safer. i read a little online about this and see there are now staffless librararies experiments going on. 

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i presume you are not an 18 year old wet behind the ears kid, living on their own for the first time while attending college, working a whatever you can get job while dealing with all the fun adult things like paying rent and bills huh? :) well neither am at this point in time but i was, and i took the crap from the rude people, and like i said i never even spit in anyone's food :P 

but that was 20 years ago. i guess i watch too many of those murder shows on the ID channel cos there have been some bad ones where young kids have been killed working late night at fast food places or convenience stores but like me maybe they didn't have much of a choice. i never worked a night shift alone but reguarly worked it with only one other female and two make cooks in the back ( KFC was my first .) but i recall one case where there were 4 to 5 employees working closing and they all ended up shot to death. so yeah... agreed, these staffless convenience stores sound safer. i read a little online about this and see there are now staffless librararies experiments going on. 

Yeah I think it said open 24 hours. I remember there was a video VHS. ATM on my road. It never really took off. 

But yeah what kind of work will there be left. I used to wash dishes. There was a machine but it was broken. Now though machines must kick ass. 

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Yeah I think it said open 24 hours. I remember there was a video VHS. ATM on my road. It never really took off. 

But yeah what kind of work will there be left. I used to wash dishes. There was a machine but it was broken. Now though machines must kick ass. 

pretty soon there will be hardly be any jobs left for people at all! well except the techies that design and upkeep the machines!

18 hours ago, soon said:

Yeah, Ill just miss the people and relationships.  The sense of community. 

And as far as big data, I heard about a gadget that a guy can were during sex and it gathers data on his performance which is posted on a website for men to compare results.  And all this is even kept and utilized by big data.  Just to me, it really feels like we took a wrong turn somewhere along the way!

OMG that is so twisted! :facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

pretty soon there will be hardly be any jobs left for people at all! well except the techies that design and upkeep the machines!

Wasn't I ranting about that here? Or was that in someone else's thread. 

I see all restaurants being either convenience stores or fast casual. Reducing the actual quality but increasing the illusion. Whem you order a taco by phone you know it won't be the best quality but it probably will be less than a dollar. 

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

OMG that is so twisted! :facepalm:

The classic story is someone's mom died and they got condolences from the funeral home and quotes for a coffin before they knew themselves. Because the hospital automated tis info to be sent out. 

• Like 1

Just now, wasted said:

Wasn't I ranting about that here? Or was that in someone else's thread. 

I see all restaurants being either convenience stores or fast casual. Reducing the actual quality but increasing the illusion. Whem you order a taco by phone you know it won't be the best quality but it probably will be less than a dollar. 

probably here, i don't always read all the posts, guess i should but i have to be away from here sometimes!

yeah fast food doesn't bother me that much unless they mess with my Jack in the Box tacos! i rarely go to restaurants because i am tired of food that is made to look good but not taste good. and if i see one more fondant covered cake i may lose it! i once tweeted to a chef from Top Chef and he liked my tweet....it was bring back old fashioned cakes that taste good and not made in the shapes of all this weird stuff!

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

probably here, i don't always read all the posts, guess i should but i have to be away from here sometimes!

yeah fast food doesn't bother me that much unless they mess with my Jack in the Box tacos! i rarely go to restaurants because i am tired of food that is made to look good but not taste good. and if i see one more fondant covered cake i may lose it! i once tweeted to a chef from Top Chef and he liked my tweet....it was bring back old fashioned cakes that taste good and not made in the shapes of all this weird stuff!

That's true, i always feel raped in restaurants. That's why I go. And since going low carb theres no options. All I need is a griddle and some meat. I could roll homeless no trouble. I was drinking wine in the 7-11 the other day, eating sushi. Do I really need an apartment? I could live in hostels and eat at 7-11. Steal wi-fi from Starbucks. There's even kiosks that cook rib eyes. That will be a vending machine soon. You could watch the steak being grilled in the machine. 

Edited by wasted

Just now, wasted said:

That's true, i always feel raped in restaurants. That's why I go. And since going low carb theres no options. All I need is a griddle and some meat. I could roll homeless no trouble. I was drinking wine in the 7-11 the other day, eating sushi. Do I really need an apartment? I could like in hostels and eat at 7-11. Steal wi-fi from Starbucks. There's even kiosks that cook rib eyes. That will be a vending machine soon. You could watch the steak being grilled in the machine. 

that's...interesting :P never even been to Starbucks, how does one steal wi-fi from there?

22 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's...interesting :P never even been to Starbucks, how does one steal wi-fi from there?

Well you stand next to the window and log in without buying coffee. 

But that's how I see it going, everything getting cheaper because of alien technology. So you can now rent almost coffin sized places to sleep in the city, like a draw you pull out. This is how they will make more money without actually providing as much as before. The slogan should be Make America Accept Less. 

Like you see homeless people with iphones. Who's to say they aren't happy? 

Edited by wasted

8 hours ago, wasted said:

Well you stand next to the window and log in without buying coffee. 

But that's how I see it going, everything getting cheaper because of alien technology. So you can now rent almost coffin sized places to sleep in the city, like a draw you pull out. This is how they will make more money without actually providing as much as before. The slogan should be Make America Accept Less. 

Like you see homeless people with iphones. Who's to say they aren't happy? 

they have those in Japan don't they? the very small beds in hotels where you can even rent them for a few hours as you wait for your flight?

reminds me of Seinfeld where Kramer put the Japanese tourists into the big dresser to sleep! classic Seinfeld :D

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

they have those in Japan don't they? the very small beds in hotels where you can even rent them for a few hours as you wait for your flight?

reminds me of Seinfeld where Kramer put the Japanese tourists into the big dresser to sleep! classic Seinfeld :D

They are mow more pernanent living stations. Like a long step. 

39 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hahahahaha! classic. works for me :P

No curtains or wall paper. We have a nice chipboard effect in the unit. A small lcd screen and coffee is streamed to all 7,000 units in this sector. What we are looking to do in this make over is make this 7 x 2 living space feel more open and less coffin-like with use of wall screens and optical illusions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

No curtains or wall paper. We have a nice chipboard effect in the unit. A small lcd screen and coffee is streamed to all 7,000 units in this sector. What we are looking to do in this make over is make this 7 x 2 living space feel more open and less coffin-like with use of wall screens and optical illusions. 

less coffin like! oh my goodness that is too funy!

how about the ultimate in coziness, like a return to the womb? :P

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

less coffin like! oh my goodness that is too funy!

how about the ultimate in coziness, like a return to the womb? :P

Like temperature controlled water tanks with oxygen. Like minority report, the precogs sleep in water and have wires attached to their brains. Once they work out how to allow our braina to live without a body that dies it's all over. That's the real game changer. Our brains lost in hyperspace for eternity. Playing pacman forever.