Richard Fortus' co-songwriting on Better

On 23.6.2017 at 9:16 PM, gnfnr2k said:

I am not talking about the vocal melody, I am talking about the music melody.  

Maybe composition is the better word and not melody. 

“Lyrics N' Melodies by Axl Rose“

That's what I read in the liner notes

Edited by Sosso

42 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Lets hope I can explain this so it makes sense lol.

There are two main parts to songwriting credit, lyrics, and composition

Each part gets 50% but you can break up those 50% how ever you want.

So if GNR had a song where Axl wrote most of the lyrics, then you could  give Axl 40% for lyrics and then Izzy the other 10%

Then for the music, it could be like slash gets 30% the Duff 10% and izzy 10%.

It just depends on who wrote what but like I said they can break it down for each section how ever they want.

For example AFD they credit the full band for all of the writing credits officially. But we do have the real break down that is out there and has been shown

I dont know what it is, but we are clearly talking across purposes :) 

I think we agree on all points.

I still say that means Fortus would get credit. Just like the breakdown you just described.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

That's not true. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Spit_Love_(album)

Credited for: 5/12 songs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trysome_Eatone

Credited for: 11/13 songs

These albums were not popular...since he were on tour with Enrique Iglesias, Rhianna and worked with Nsync I would have expected that he had at least one credit for a popular song. He is more a rhythm guitar player, I know, but he didn't contribute any memorable riffs, melodies, etc. As far as we know. 

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Edited by 2414225

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Richard is the ultimate poster boy for snowflakes everywhere :lol:

What does that even mean? I'm sick of people throwing around the insult "snowflake". Fortus is a FANTASTIC guitar player. Is he as good a writer as Izzy? No. But is he a "snowflake", or in other words, some kind of pussy? What are you on about? 

Edited by Hell House

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, Hell House said:

What does that even mean? I'm sick of people throwing around the insult "snowflake". Fortus is a FANTASTIC guitar player. Is he as good a writer as Izzy? No. But is he a "snowflake", or in other words, some kind of pussy? What are you on about? 

"Some kind f pussy", yeah that's pretty much the idea. Dude needs a safe space because he's afraid of words. I asked him where Izzy was on Facebook, and his response was to block me.

I said nothing about his playing. Nothing was said abut wanting him out of the band. Nothing even about being a fan of his. But he overreacted anyways, because he's a snowflake. At least Dj Ashba thought enough of the fans to step aside.... and he's a great player. Fantastic is over the top, his chemistry with Slash isn't as great as originally hoped

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

"Some kind f pussy", yeah that's pretty much the idea. Dude needs a safe space because he's afraid of words. I asked him where Izzy was on Facebook, and his response was to block me.

I said nothing about his playing. Nothing was said abut wanting him out of the band. Nothing even about being a fan of his. But he overreacted anyways, because he's a snowflake. At least Dj Ashba thought enough of the fans to step aside.... and he's a great player. Fantastic is over the top, his chemistry with Slash isn't as great as originally hoped

If you are upset someone blocked you when you were being an obvious troll you might need to reconsider who the "snowflake" is.

• Like 3