Bring back Street of Dreams

1 minute ago, Pedrolg said:

With the current vocals SOD would lose a lot of it's appeal to me. I'd rather wait until Axl improves a bit to see both that and Madagascar.

he could just try like he does in AC DC and he would nail it.

The sad thing is Axl has it in him, he just does not try for GNR, just AC DC

Edited by gnfnr2k

I think it should be back in the set. Madagascar needs to come back too. SOD needs a Slash solo over it and I know it didn't work amazingly for TIL, but I really think SOD would be great with Slash on lead. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I remain convinced this song is about Slash and I do not think they'll ever do it with him in the band.

That's what they said about Sorry :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think it should be back in the set. Madagascar needs to come back too. SOD needs a Slash solo over it and I know it didn't work amazingly for TIL, but I really think SOD would be great with Slash on lead. 

That's what they said about Sorry :lol:

*I* never said that about Sorry. I've never thought Sorry was about Slash but I've had my head caved in over and over for thinking The Blues is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

*I* never said that about Sorry. I've never thought Sorry was about Slash but I've had my head caved in over and over for thinking The Blues is. 

I think The Blues is about Slash to an extent. I always looked at it as Axl feeling really lost without Slash or how he felt that Slash abandoned him

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think The Blues is about Slash to an extent. I always looked at it as Axl feeling really lost without Slash or how he felt that Slash abandoned him

I always assumed it was about Stephanie Seymour

• Like 1

When I first heard CD, this was the song that did it for me. I've seen Axl perform it with the other GNR a few times. Love this song.

Yeah, I think it would be cool to add this song to the set list. It can replace Sorry.

I would love to hear Madagascar brought back too! God when I first heard that song on MTV in 2001, that did it for me too. Loved the words and the melody. It's a powerful song. GNR performed this song the first time I saw them back in 2010.

1 minute ago, gnfnr2k said:

I always assumed it was about Stephanie Seymour

Could be about any lost love. I'm sure Axl has had many that we don't know about.

10 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Hearing that outro with Axl singing on top of the piano was one of the highlights of the show when I got to see them in 2010. A beautiful song by Axl

He sang it studio perfect! It was brilliant. It's no wonder he rerecorded CD in 2010 

37 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

They could rotate street of dreams and this I love.

This I Love is Axls "show off" song. It's almost his solo. I can't see it ever being dropped, and if it does it's not a good sign for the state of his voice.

Agree 100% always thought this song and the title track of Chinese were the songs that sounded most like the original band. The solo on this song is beautiful and sounds similiar to a Slash solo. I love the semi-hidden Buckethead solo towards the outro, perhaps Richard could tackle that one live :) 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1