Bring back Street of Dreams

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

The soundboard of The Blues live in Boston 2002 is still my favorite performance of the song. The album version did not live up to it.

Exactly. I also like the synths that Pitman added to the chorus

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2017 at 10:09 AM, Tom2112 said:

I'd love to hear this again. I'd like it almost as much as hearing a UYI rarity.

I could almost agree.  But no matter I just want hear this.  Drop CD in exchange.  Play SOD, TIL and Better.  Or just the 1st 2 and insert PTU.  

Edited by Original

43 minutes ago, Original said:

I could almost agree.  But no matter I just want hear this.  Drop CD in exchange.  Play SOD, TIL and Better.  Or just the 1st 2 and insert PTU.  

I'd drop TIL, even though I like the song. 

For me, as a big fan of the Chinese album the only songs they should even consider for a setlist (outside of a rarities or fan club gig) are CD, SOD, Shackles, I.R.S or maybe Better (all dependant on Axl si going them well).

I'd drop TIL because he has sounded consistently weak singing it for a LONG time. I put a maybe beside better because it doesn't seem to go over, despite it being a great song and popular with hardcore fans and some fans who are less clued in... Some songs just don't translate to a live setting. I mainly blame Axl... If he sang it with the intensity from the record It would have a lot more impact on a crowd.

As for PTU.... They could literally replace any song in the set (besides Estranged) and put this in instead and I'd be over the moon. Preferably PTU instead of Coma... If the gods that run gnr are listening.

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I'd drop TIL, even though I like the song. 

For me, as a big fan of the Chinese album the only songs they should even consider for a setlist (outside of a rarities or fan club gig) are CD, SOD, Shackles, I.R.S or maybe Better (all dependant on Axl si going them well).

I'd drop TIL because he has sounded consistently weak singing it for a LONG time. I put a maybe beside better because it doesn't seem to go over, despite it being a great song and popular with hardcore fans and some fans who are less clued in... Some songs just don't translate to a live setting. I mainly blame Axl... If he sang it with the intensity from the record It would have a lot more impact on a crowd.

As for PTU.... They could literally replace any song in the set (besides Estranged) and put this in instead and I'd be over the moon. Preferably PTU instead of Coma... If the gods that run gnr are listening.

I would actually say the opposite - TIL and Better have both been weak for a long time tbh, but TIL seems to get a much better reaction than Better. I think they should drop both of them for SOD/CITR and IRS/Shacklers tho, or just CITR if Axl only wants to sing clean.

• Like 1

I actually thought Slash wouldn't play Chi dem and Better and they would do SOD or Catcher and Twat. But yeah not sure why I thought that, Slash just wants to rock not play long ballads. But SOD has some awesome guitar bits and solo potential. Slash could do something with Zeppy bits in IRS. I would like to know which songs are about Slash - so far SOD, Madagascar by proxy, maybe IRS, Riad maybe, Sorry, Prostitute.