Estranged demo?

Does any demos exist of Estranged? I'm aware of that fake "piano" one that's been around for years, but I'm just wondering if there is any genuine demos around? Estranged & Coma are my fave G N' R songs! i already have that bootleg "Axls Advance Copy" with the Use Your Illusion demos on it, here is the link  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oj8kqduip.../UBwevVIH3m?m=   if anyone doesn't have it

• Like 1

I've wondered about the Estranged demos too. That would be ridiculous to hear any parts, rough sketches, pieces or anything Axl may have been brainstorming when putting this amazing piece of music together. Same for Slash's guitar parts my favorites like the one following "1,2" and the solo after "anymore and what for" I want to hear them.... all of them! 

Some of these parts could have came natural, first time they heard or thought of something so there may not really be much even in the vaults which I'd love to get my hands on like any other die hard gnr fan!

Of course we all want to hear that 27 minute version of November Rain. I made a post in 2011 wondering where the hell that is.... NR, Estranged, Breakdown all one. 

IMO opinion it is real. The beginning sounds like This I Love. Think about it. NO ONE knew what TIL sounded like before CD was released. It couldn't be in this demo unless AXL played it.

Estranged Demo predates CD release = Real demo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Ok. But how you know it's a fake ?

When i hear it i can "feel" the Axl style of piano playing.

Im pretty sure THIS ONE is just a cover, the guy who did it even pointed his page where it was originally hosted at the time, its been a while so I dont know what page was, but if you search you'll probably find it. I'm sure other forum members will remember it.

Its just a cover some guy did and then people started to claim it was Axl's demo. 

Theres even some comments on youtube about it:

"

This "Demo" isn't a demo at all. It's a piano cover of the song recorded by a fan in 2003. The Use Your Illusion demos were available on bootlegs going back to the 90's. This recording of the song didn't surface until after 2003 because that's when it was recorded."
Edited by default_

14 minutes ago, default_ said:

A. Graham1 ano atrás

This "Demo" isn't a demo at all. It's a piano cover of the song recorded by a fan in 2003. The Use Your Illusion demos were available on bootlegs going back to the 90's. This recording of the song didn't surface until after 2003 because that's when it was recorded."

And somehow this guy knew how TIL sounded in 2003? I'm not saying I know it's real 100%. I just used my ears and brains to figure out that TIL is played in the beginning.

Edited by 31illusions

Anyone who's not figuring out that the Axl Rose piano demo isn't Axl Rose knows fuck all about what Axl on piano sounds like. Besides that, quality is a bit too clear for a demo from 1990... Just common sense.

3 minutes ago, RNRS said:

Anyone who's not figuring out that the Axl Rose piano demo isn't Axl Rose knows fuck all about what Axl on piano sounds like. Besides that, quality is a bit too clear for a demo from 1990... Just common sense.

Kid I been following GN'R since 1989. I think I know alot about GN'R. But when it comes to instrumentals with no lyrics, It can be sketchy. We have to use our brains and teamwork to figure it out.

In regards to this Piano demo, it really doesn't sound like Axl at all. If all he could play on a Piano was November Rain, either he studied Piano much more between the 80s and 90s or it simply isn't Axl. I used to be a professional Pianist myself and that arrangement of Estranged is very intricate. I really don't think Axl could play anything like that, not to discredit Axl as a Pianist, i actually think he's very overlooked, i just think it's a bit too advanced if all he knew how to play was November Rain.

Edited by TheRipper75

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Ok. But how you know it's a fake ?

When i hear it i can "feel" the Axl style of piano playing.

It's too high quality for it to have been a demo in the late 80s/early 90s. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

36 minutes ago, TheRipper75 said:

In regards to this Piano demo, it really doesn't sound like Axl at all. If all he could play on a Piano was November Rain, either he studied Piano much more between the 80s and 90s or it simply isn't Axl. I used to be a professional Pianist myself and that arrangement of Estranged is very intricate. I really don't think Axl could play anything like that, not to discredit Axl as a Pianist, i actually think he's very overlooked, i just think it's a bit too advanced if all he knew how to play was November Rain.

What are you even talking about? Axl may not be the best piano player in the world, but he can definitely play it decently. What gave you the notion that all he knows is NR when we have tons of videos of him playing other stuff? That's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

Kid I been following GN'R since 1989. I think I know alot about GN'R. But when it comes to instrumentals with no lyrics, It can be sketchy. We have to use our brains and teamwork to figure it out.

There's personal bias, and then there's facts. You might wanna check the latter out.

This was on the old post , and i'm shocked that nobody hear that it's the SAME intro only in this case for NR.

Still thinking it's not Axl ??

And besides, just because some guy claims that he made it doesn't mean shit. There's zero evidence that Víctor did it. 

15 minutes ago, nonok said:

What are you even talking about? Axl may not be the best piano player in the world, but he can definitely play it decently. What gave you the notion that all he knows is NR when we have tons of videos of him playing other stuff? That's ridiculous.

There's personal bias, and then there's facts. You might wanna check the latter out.

Well from what I've read it's been said that all Axl knew how to play on Piano was November Rain, Tracii Guns  said the following " When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like ‘83? He was playing “November Rain” — and it was called “November Rain” — you know, on piano. Way back then, it was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He’d go, “Someday this song is gonna be really cool.” And I’d go, “It’s cool now.” “But it’s not done”, you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we’d be at a hotel or anywhere, there’d be a piano; he’d just kinda play that music. And I’d go, “When are you gonna finish that already”, you know? And he’d go, “I don’t know what to do with it.”

10 minutes ago, TheRipper75 said:

Well from what I've read it's been said that all Axl knew how to play on Piano was November Rain, Tracii Guns  said the following " When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like ‘83? He was playing “November Rain” — and it was called “November Rain” — you know, on piano. Way back then, it was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He’d go, “Someday this song is gonna be really cool.” And I’d go, “It’s cool now.” “But it’s not done”, you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we’d be at a hotel or anywhere, there’d be a piano; he’d just kinda play that music. And I’d go, “When are you gonna finish that already”, you know? And he’d go, “I don’t know what to do with it.”

:facepalm:. 1983 !!