Estranged demo?

3 hours ago, Freightrain said:

What makes you think is fake ?

I think it's legit

Its fake, if it was legit it would be on some GNR import CD like all the other demos from that time period. You don't find it weird that this one demo was only found online?

People need to use their brain.

23 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

Its fake, if it was legit it would be on some GNR import CD like all the other demos from that time period. You don't find it weird that this one demo was only found online?

People need to use their brain.

Weird maybe , imposible ?? No 

Maybe you should use your ears 

Are you gonna tell me that the intro to NR in las vegas 2001 it's not the same on that Estranged demo ???

35 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Weird maybe , imposible ?? No 

Maybe you should use your ears 

Are you gonna tell me that the intro to NR in las vegas 2001 it's not the same on that Estranged demo ???

Axl played that on the making of the videos, so the person who faked it just added that becasue everyone always claimed that was this i love.

FFS the person who admitted faking it said it was not real.  Also listen to all the demos from that era, the estranged demo is way newer. So maybe its you that should use your ears

I would believe that "demo" closing in on you is real before that estranged "demo"

Also when did this demo first come out online was it after 2001? If so then your logic is even more faulty. Because the person faking it could have just copied the intro from the vegas show as well.

Show me a version that was posted online before that vegas show.

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 1

a few of you hooked me up a few days ago with some links to some demos but...

what we need is a hub for all demos or outtakes. like a site that features demos from afd to cd...

unless there already is one...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's not fake. It was around in the 90's and I used to have it on cassette.

Sure you did LOL

I have over 70 GNR imports, and have all the demos, and this was never on any of them.

This piano cover never surfaced until 2003 because that is when the person who made it covered it.

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

This piano cover never surfaced until 2003 because that is when the person who made it covered it.

Why would you believe what anyone says on the Internet?

For all we know, ALL demos, outtakes, unreleased and LEAKED material could be claimed by anyone online saying they "covered" it or recorded it or whatever since the band has not claimed them either.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 3:03 PM, TheRipper75 said:

Does any demos exist of Estranged? I'm aware of that fake "piano" one that's been around for years, but I'm just wondering if there is any genuine demos around? Estranged & Coma are my fave G N' R songs! i already have that bootleg "Axls Advance Copy" with the Use Your Illusion demos on it, here is the link  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oj8kqduip.../UBwevVIH3m?m=   if anyone doesn't have it

major thank you for posting a WORKING and simple way to download these tracks. I don't have axls advance just want to say thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Why would you believe what anyone says on the Internet?

For all we know, ALL demos, outtakes, unreleased and LEAKED material could be claimed by anyone online saying they "covered" it or recorded it or whatever since the band has not claimed them either.

LOL at delusional GNR fans with logic like this.

Keep believing that piano cover is Axl playing. 

then again some stupid GNR fans thought that song my favorite pillow was GNR LMFAO

There are tons of fake leaked so-called GNR songs, but I guess you believe all those are real too right, just because of its labeled guns n roses

so I guess this is a GNR demo too right

Edited by gnfnr2k

lol.

You guys are being willfully ignorant.

"I've believed this piano cover really was Axl for over a decade....maybe if I wish real hard, it'll really be real!"

It's FAKE.   It's a COVER.  No Estranged demo ever leaked.  Ever.  There are enough of us who used to trade bootlegs on 90 minute cassette tapes back in the 90s to know this for a FACT.

my sources say:

1. Record Plant Recording Studios - September 21, 1990 - Estranged (Instrumental) - "Ruffs with New Slash Guitar" DAT

2. Record Plant Recording Studios - January 18, 1991 - Estranged (Original Mix) AND Estranged (Q Sound Mix) - "GN'R Mixes" DAT

3. Unknown Sessions - 1991 - Estranged (Piano) - "Use Your Illusions Outtakes 2nd Edition Plus"

that makes 4 demos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zombux said:

my sources say:

1. Record Plant Recording Studios - September 21, 1990 - Estranged (Instrumental) - "Ruffs with New Slash Guitar" DAT

2. Record Plant Recording Studios - January 18, 1991 - Estranged (Original Mix) AND Estranged (Q Sound Mix) - "GN'R Mixes" DAT

3. Unknown Sessions - 1991 - Estranged (Piano) - "Use Your Illusions Outtakes 2nd Edition Plus"

that makes 4 demos.

Your sources ?

Do you even KNOW what a demo is ?

No 'Estranged' demo has ever surfaced.  There is NO 'Estranged' demo around.  NOT ONE.  End of discussion.

Aside form the released version, there's only these two things :

- The backing track that surfaced from Alan Niven's DAT's.  This is instrumental.

- The Q  Sound mix that surfaced from Alan Niven's DAT's.  This is exactly the same as the released version, only the mix differs slightly.

Everything else is fake, fan-made, bullshit ...

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this, and why people desperately want to believe in fairytales ...

6 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

LOL at delusional GNR fans with logic like this.

Keep believing that piano cover is Axl playing. 

then again some stupid GNR fans thought that song my favorite pillow was GNR LMFAO

There are tons of fake leaked so-called GNR songs, but I guess you believe all those are real too right, just because of its labeled guns n roses

so I guess this is a GNR demo too right

What the heck would you know about what I believe or not? 

I know there are tons of fake shit out there and not for a second I have believed they are played by GNR, neither that ridiculous "closing in on you" thing you posted there... How would anyone believe that's Axl Rose singing?

Im not stupid or delusional as you are calling me and you have not demonstrated how that only piano Estranged file is "fake". All you do is saying some guy on the Internet has said he covered it and put it online.

If you believe that is enough proof to deem something as fake, then you are the delusional one. Go study the scientific method at least.

Driving home from work.  Long day.  Tired.  GNR on shuffle.

B-sides.  Live stuff.  ULTRA rare tracks.  I don't fuck around.  I'm a GNR mega fan, and I have the collection to prove it.

Traffic light.  Gonna be a long one.

"Estranged demo" comes up next.  Perfect.  This should get me through til I'm on the freeway.  Not everyone has this.  Only mega fans like me.  Most plebs are too clueless but I got it off Kazaa in 2004 so I know it's legit.

What if it's not him.

Shut up.  Shut up.  It's Axl. 

There's no vocals.

So what?  So fucking what?  It's HIM.  Listen to the way he plays.  It's HIM goddamnit.

The track didn't surface until after 2003 and the rest of the Illusions demos were all

I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!  It's Axl Rose if I SAY it's Axl Rose!

IT'S AXL......it's Axl.....it is.     It is.   Ultra rare.  Demo.  Axl.

• Like 3

Every skeleton out there think of themselves as the Mega fan, number one fan, fan since 1983, fan since before the AFD5 were in the uterus and somehow this makes them also think they are some kind of authority that just by saying something will make everybody else fall on their knees and make a reverence.

Proving a fact has nothing to do with ego.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

What the heck would you know about what I believe or not? 

I know there are tons of fake shit out there and not for a second I have believed they are played by GNR, neither that ridiculous "closing in on you" thing you posted there... How would anyone believe that's Axl Rose singing?

Im not stupid or delusional as you are calling me and you have not demonstrated how that only piano Estranged file is "fake". All you do is saying some guy on the Internet has said he covered it and put it online.

If you believe that is enough proof to deem something as fake, then you are the delusional one. Go study the scientific method at least.

LOL

Like I said the song was never on any GNR UYI demo CD in the 90s, the demo never came out until like 2003, and someone said it was them playing who had it on their channel at the time.

all those things point to it being fake.  But use your delusion.

As for  studying the scientific method if you knew anything about the scientific method you would know you have to prove it is Axl I don't have to prove it's not. That is how science works.

You are acting like a creationist with oh you need to prove god doesn't exist when people say they don't believe in god.

So prove this is Axl playing by showing this demo on a CD from the 90s with all the other UYI demos

Edited by gnfnr2k