Estranged demo?

You are an imbecile.  And not just stupid, but the worst kind of stupid:  willfully, purposefully, stubbornly ignorant.

The evidence has been presented to you time and again, in a logical and rational manner.  Yet you stick your head in the sand and refuse to see it.

So who gives a fuck what ONE asshole on a forum says?  I'll tell you why it's infuriating:  you're perpetuating misinformation.  You know it's not a genuine demo yet you insist it is.  You're a liar.

Some of us are hardcore fans of this band to the utmost degree.  I've been collecting every recording of theirs I could get my hands on since the early 90s.  B-sides, live stuff and demos.  Real fans only want the genuine article in their collection.  If someone put a Poison demo on a Guns N Roses tape, it doesn't make it a Guns N Roses song.  Fans have spent years researching and cataloging every bit of output this band does.  It matters to us. 

This piano cover is in no way, shape, or form a demo recorded by Axl Rose.  It's a very good piece of music.  The pianist is extremely talented and does an amazing Axl impression.  So does Dizzy Reed; in fact he does it for a living every night.

It's not Axl.  It was not recorded in the 90s.

Why would a "demo" have piano parts for the finished piece, including vocals and lead guitars?  This is a cover of the studio released song, recorded years after the fact.  Why would Axl sit down one day and record a piano version of Estranged with all of Slash's parts some ten years after the fact and then leak it on the internet?  He wouldn't.  Anyone claiming this recording is from the 90s is lying.

You claim you had this exact version on tape in the 90s.  You're lying.  You are a liar.

This was recorded by a Colombian artist named Víctor Hugo Santafé Ossa.  You think we made him up?  He's a real musician.  You really think we went to all the trouble of fabricating a Colombian keyboardist with four names, made a fake youtube account, all to shatter your precious little illusion that this was Axl Rose all along?  That's fucking idiotic.

Enjoy the piece.  It's a fantastic recording.  But stop spreading lies about it.  Fans deserve to know what is and isn't real if they are going to take the time to be dedicated enough to follow a band and collect all their material.  Fakes have no place in anyone's collection.

Oh and Freightrain?  You can go ahead and fuck your mother, you ignorant cunt.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, killuridols said:

I know they do but it wasn't that common in the year you mentioned, 2003.

Oh dear, youre not really familiar with the trading community, are ya? Specially the 2003 kazaa/emule one. 

I've faked stuff myself at the time to get my hands on some rarez, every trader has done it in the begening of their traders life lol

11 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

You are an imbecile.  And not just stupid, but the worst kind of stupid:  willfully, purposefully, stubbornly ignorant.

The evidence has been presented to you time and again, in a logical and rational manner.  Yet you stick your head in the sand and refuse to see it.

So who gives a fuck what ONE asshole on a forum says?  I'll tell you why it's infuriating:  you're perpetuating misinformation.  You know it's not a genuine demo yet you insist it is.  You're a liar.

Some of us are hardcore fans of this band to the utmost degree.  I've been collecting every recording of theirs I could get my hands on since the early 90s.  B-sides, live stuff and demos.  Real fans only want the genuine article in their collection.  If someone put a Poison demo on a Guns N Roses tape, it doesn't make it a Guns N Roses song.  Fans have spent years researching and cataloging every bit of output this band does.  It matters to us. 

This piano cover is in no way, shape, or form a demo recorded by Axl Rose.  It's a very good piece of music.  The pianist is extremely talented and does an amazing Axl impression.  So does Dizzy Reed; in fact he does it for a living every night.

It's not Axl.  It was not recorded in the 90s.

Why would a "demo" have piano parts for the finished piece, including vocals and lead guitars?  This is a cover of the studio released song, recorded years after the fact.  Why would Axl sit down one day and record a piano version of Estranged with all of Slash's parts some ten years after the fact and then leak it on the internet?  He wouldn't.  Anyone claiming this recording is from the 90s is lying.

You claim you had this exact version on tape in the 90s.  You're lying.  You are a liar.

This was recorded by a Colombian artist named Víctor Hugo Santafé Ossa.  You think we made him up?  He's a real musician.  You really think we went to all the trouble of fabricating a Colombian keyboardist with four names, made a fake youtube account, all to shatter your precious little illusion that this was Axl Rose all along?  That's fucking idiotic.

Enjoy the piece.  It's a fantastic recording.  But stop spreading lies about it.  Fans deserve to know what is and isn't real if they are going to take the time to be dedicated enough to follow a band and collect all their material.  Fakes have no place in anyone's collection.

Oh and Freightrain?  You can go ahead and fuck your mother, you ignorant cunt.

This is my new favorite post on this forum for multiple reasons

• Like 3

On 6/28/2017 at 4:44 PM, killuridols said:

I know they do but it wasn't that common in the year you mentioned, 2003.

The "example" you posted is an extreme example that doesn't prove your points.

That voice is not Axl at all and "Closing in on you" is not a song GN'R ever recorded (or not even known as a working title for any other song).

On the other hand, "Estranged" is an actual GN'R recorded song, not a fake. So the analogy is flawed.

You keep proving you are more and more clueless as each post.

There were tons of fake GNR tracks in 2003, WTF are you talking about.  and yes closing in on you was a GNR song title for the  CD sessions. The name of that song  has been around since 1999.

Get a clue

30 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

You keep proving you are more and more clueless as each post.

There were tons of fake GNR tracks in 2003, WTF are you talking about.  and yes closing in on you was a GNR song title for the  CD sessions. The name of that song  has been around since 1999.

Get a clue

:sleeper:

No, it wasn't and Axl totally denied all those "titles" when he came here to chat to the (real) fans.

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:sleeper:

No, it wasn't and Axl totally denied all those "titles" when he came here to chat to the (real) fans.

LOL Yes it was.

the title came from this article back in 1999.  So please get a clue.

He also said most of those titles were working titles. For example quick song which was mentioned in some interview was chinese democracy.   the fact is the song title closing in on you was around since 1999.  it doesnt matter if its not longer a song title, it was mentioned back in 1999 like I said.

Stop embarrassing yourself. 

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=27\

Guns N' Roses 2-part article
Kerrang! 21st of August, 1999

Over the next 12 months, the band apparently recorded 30 songs for the album, continually reworking them. Tracks recorded were said to include ‘Prostitute’, ‘Cock-a-roach soup’, ‘This I love’, ‘Suckerpunched’, ‘No love remains’, ‘Friend or foe’, ‘Zip it’, ‘Something always’, ‘Hearts get killed’ and ‘Closing in on you’. Depending on who you believe, they veered from techno-industrial rock to old-style Guns sleaze. Matt Sorum revealed Axl’s love of samples and loops; contrarily, Chris Vrenna stated: « I have a feeling it’s gonna be more like Appetite, than anyone is expecting. »

Edited by gnfnr2k

9 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

LOL Yes it was.

the title came from this article back in 1999.  So please get a clue.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=27\

Guns N' Roses 2-part article
Kerrang! 21st of August, 1999

Over the next 12 months, the band apparently recorded 30 songs for the album, continually reworking them. Tracks recorded were said to include ‘Prostitute’, ‘Cock-a-roach soup’, ‘This I love’, ‘Suckerpunched’, ‘No love remains’, ‘Friend or foe’, ‘Zip it’, ‘Something always’, ‘Hearts get killed’ and ‘Closing in on you’. Depending on who you believe, they veered from techno-industrial rock to old-style Guns sleaze. Matt Sorum revealed Axl’s love of samples and loops; contrarily, Chris Vrenna stated: « I have a feeling it’s gonna be more like Appetite, than anyone is expecting. »

:lol:

Please get some glue and put it in your lips :facepalm:

BringBackBrain: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?
Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06).

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac. Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol:

Please get some glue and put it in your lips :facepalm:

BringBackBrain: Axl, here's a list of rumored song titles. Can you tell us which ones are bogus and which ones are real?
Ides Of March ('98), Oklahoma ('98), Atlas Shrugged ('99), Closing In On You ('99), Cock-A-Roach Soup ('99), Friend Or Foe ('99), Hearts Get Killed ('99), No Love Remains ('99), Oh My God ('99), Something Always ('99), Suckerpunched ('99), Zip It ('99), Silkworms ('00), Down By The Ocean ('01), Leave Me Alone ('02), Seven ('02), The General ('02), Thyme ('02), Quick Song ('05), Zodiac ('05), Motormouth ('06), We Were Lying ('06).

Axl: Ides Of March, Oklahoma, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Leave Me Alone, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song , Zodiac. Most all titles subject to change w/out warning and r considered working titles.

giphy.gif

LOL

True or false, Closing in on you was a rumored title in 1999?

The answer is TRUE.  

And like I said Axl even said all titles are working titles lol

So keep embarrassing yourself.  I posted the article the title came from. So yes it was around since 1999

The question even mentions the rumored song title closing in on you so you even show that I was right it was a song title since 1999.  If it was not mentioned back in 1999 then it would not be on the list.

giphy.gif

Edited by gnfnr2k

6 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

LOL

True or false, Closing in on you was a rumored title in 1999?

The answer is TRUE.  

And like I said Axl even said all titles are working titles lol

So keep embarrassing yourself.  I posted the article the title came from. So yes it was around since 1999

And I posted the truth to it, which shows you have no effin' clue :lol:

You said this: "and yes closing in on you was a GNR song title for the CD sessions" based on an article that treats them as rumoured titles, yet you go all "GNR song title for the CD sessions", like you knew anything :facepalm:

Axl was asked about those titles and he took the time to write down which were the real ones, and made it clear THAT THE ONES HE MENTIONED are also working titles. Not the rumoured ones.

Not only you're clueless but you have trouble with text comprehesion.

5797b51dd790a_Axlrollingeyesattheattorney.gif.be4dd55c2266886cb88dea61f753235a.gif

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And I posted the truth to it, which shows you have no effin' clue :lol:

You said this: "and yes closing in on you was a GNR song title for the CD sessions" based on an article that treats them as rumoured titles, yet you go all "GNR song title for the CD sessions", like you knew anything :facepalm:

Axl was asked about those titles and he took the time to write down which were the real ones, and made it clear THAT THE ONES HE MENTIONED are also working titles. Not the rumoured ones.

Not only you're clueless but you have trouble with text comprehesion.

5797b51dd790a_Axlrollingeyesattheattorney.gif.be4dd55c2266886cb88dea61f753235a.gif

LOL with your semantics but this is coming from the guy who does not understand the scientific method and thinks that estranged cover is Axl.

The song title was around in 1999 like I said it was and you want to pretend it wasn't.  

Keep using your delusion.

The fake closing in on you was made because the title was mentioned in 1999.  You can try to spin it how ever you want because you are wrong and embarrassed once again, but you should quit before you dig your hole even deeper.

PS keep listening to your estranged piano cover and pretending its Axl, what ever makes you sleep at night. lol

Edited by gnfnr2k

4 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

LOL with your semantics but this is coming from the guy who does not understand the scientific method and thinks that estranged cover is Axl.

The song title was around in 1999 like I said it was and you want to pretend it wasn't.  

Keep using your delusion.

I'm not a guy and I rather believe that piano file is Axl than being the one who believes that "Closing in on you" thing was a song in 1999.

The song title may have been thrown around as a title or a song, but it was just a rumour from dubious sources.
And it wasn't even a rumour with some weight, like "Atlas Shrugged", "The General" or "Silkworms".

Once Axl has denied it as a song and as a title, I don't know why you want to perpetuate the rumour.

Keep using your confusion :lol:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm not a guy and I rather believe that piano file is Axl than being the one who believes that "Closing in on you" thing was a song in 1999.

The song title may have been thrown around as a title or a song, but it was just a rumour from dubious sources.
And it wasn't even a rumour with some weight, like "Atlas Shrugged", "The General" or "Silkworms".

Once Axl has denied it as a song and as a title, I don't know why you want to perpetuate the rumour.

Keep using your confusion :lol:

Closing in on you was a song title mentioned in 1999 LOL Its in print. And back in 1999, it had the same weight of the other rumored song titles backs then.  They were in different magazine articles. Its just funny you keep trying to pretend closing in on you was not a rumored song title back in 1999. Just like you are pretending the estranged piano cover is a demo from the 90s.

It does not matter that Axl denied it as a song title. It was a rumored song title back in 1999 thus why someone back in 2006 made that fake closing in on you clip.

You are acting like it was not a song title floated around in 1999.

2 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Closing in on you was a song title mentioned in 1999 LOL Its in print. And back in 1999, it had the same weight of the other rumored song titles backs then.  They were in different magazine articles. Its just funny you keep trying to pretend closing in on you was not a rumored song title back in 1999. Just like you are pretending the estranged piano cover is a demo from the 90s.

It does not matter that Axl denied it as a song title. It was a rumored song title back in 1999 thus why someone back in 2006 made that fake closing in on you clip.

You are acting like it was not a song title floated around in 1999.

Read my first comment about this here:

Read it again because UNLIKE YOU, I dont need to EDIT my posts to keep the logic :lol:

I said: "That voice is not Axl at all and "Closing in on you" is not a song GN'R ever recorded (or not even known as a working title for any other song)."

What is there to argue about what I said? "Not even known as a working title" and Axl confirms what I said in his chat from 2008.

Just because a magazine like Kerrang! (which is known by its lies) printed that, it doesnt make it true. But even in their print they word it like this: "tracks recorded WERE SAID to include...", which is a common wording media uses to refer to rumors and avoid legal problems.

In 1999, among the GN'R online community, that title for song was not popular (not even as a rumor) and back then, most people were trying to figure out what Atlas Shrugged, Oklahoma, Silkworms, The Blues, Madagascar and The General sounded like. Soon enough, some of those songs were leaked or actually played live by the new band.

"Closing in on you" NEVER had any weight as a rumor because as soon as you play that file you realize that's not Axl and that's not GN'R, unless you are very gullible or know absolutely nothing.

16 hours ago, killuridols said:

Read my first comment about this here:

Read it again because UNLIKE YOU, I dont need to EDIT my posts to keep the logic :lol:

I said: "That voice is not Axl at all and "Closing in on you" is not a song GN'R ever recorded (or not even known as a working title for any other song)."

What is there to argue about what I said? "Not even known as a working title" and Axl confirms what I said in his chat from 2008.

Just because a magazine like Kerrang! (which is known by its lies) printed that, it doesnt make it true. But even in their print they word it like this: "tracks recorded WERE SAID to include...", which is a common wording media uses to refer to rumors and avoid legal problems.

In 1999, among the GN'R online community, that title for song was not popular (not even as a rumor) and back then, most people were trying to figure out what Atlas Shrugged, Oklahoma, Silkworms, The Blues, Madagascar and The General sounded like. Soon enough, some of those songs were leaked or actually played live by the new band.

"Closing in on you" NEVER had any weight as a rumor because as soon as you play that file you realize that's not Axl and that's not GN'R, unless you are very gullible or know absolutely nothing.

keep talking semantics because you were wrong and were embarrassed that you were wrong.  Not to mention that closing in on you clip was from 2006 two years before that Axl chat you posted.  

Just give it up already, you were already embarrassing yourself enough by claiming that estranged piano track is Axl and you had it in the 90s.

giphy.gif

Edited by gnfnr2k

44 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

keep talking semantics because you were wrong and were embarrassed that you were wrong.  Not to mention that closing in on you clip was from 2006 two years before that Axl chat you posted.  

Just give it up already, you were already embarrassing yourself enough by claiming that estranged piano track is Axl and you had it in the 90s.

Lol, dude, you give up :lol:

I wasnt wrong at all. You can go back and read all the stream of responses. Not a single one EDITED because unlike you, my logic remains intact. 

The "closing in on you" title and song was bullshit from day one. Not even as a rumor it ever worked. Axl confirms it.

Keep embarrassing yourself until you find a good detangler. Good luck with that! :headbang:

Dumbshit:

From the time that article was published in 1999 up until Axl's web chat in 2008, there was no reason for anyone to not include "Closing in on you" as a possible title for a song from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

Hence, when people made fakes in the early 2000s, it was easy to get people to click the links at least.  Of course, it only takes a few seconds to realize the song was fake.  But the song title was mentioned in a published article and was as "legitimate" as any other working title right up until Axl debunked it.

So.  By that logic (not that you'd understand the concept of "logic" if it cockslapped you in the face) the song title "Closing in on you" did indeed, "work out as a rumor" from day one.  It was precisely that:  a rumored working title for a song, corroborated by a published article, with no reason to dispute its legitimacy for almost a decade.

You are dead wrong about the Estranged "demo" and you're dead wrong about this.  But go ahead.  Try to argue your "points" some more, and we can shoot them down like fish in a barrel.

You see....we know more than you do.  You're very, very dumb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Dumbshit:

From the time that article was published in 1999 up until Axl's web chat in 2008, there was no reason for anyone to not include "Closing in on you" as a possible title for a song from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

Hence, when people made fakes in the early 2000s, it was easy to get people to click the links at least.  Of course, it only takes a few seconds to realize the song was fake.  But the song title was mentioned in a published article and was as "legitimate" as any other working title right up until Axl debunked it.

So.  By that logic (not that you'd understand the concept of "logic" if it cockslapped you in the face) the song title "Closing in on you" did indeed, "work out as a rumor" from day one.  It was precisely that:  a rumored working title for a song, corroborated by a published article, with no reason to dispute its legitimacy for almost a decade.

You are dead wrong about the Estranged "demo" and you're dead wrong about this.  But go ahead.  Try to argue your "points" some more, and we can shoot them down like fish in a barrel.

You see....we know more than you do.  You're very, very dumb.

Not to mention this I love , granted it was first mentioned in 1993 and prostitute was also mentioned that turned out to be a legit titles. 

For all we know those titles were just scrapped songs that never panned out since Axl at one time had over 70 songs he was working on until they settled on the 30 they really fleshed out.

I just think its funny this clown acts like closing in on you was not a mentioned song title as far back as 1999

I wish we had the full background of this song including demos, drafts, cuts. Didn't Matt Sorum say November Rain and Estranged was at one time one huge song? I've heard that NR was in one form or another anywhere from 12 to 15 to over 20 minutes in length. Estranged I believe Axl originated in Chicago '89 or maybe before. Axl I think said he, Izzy, and Slash each brought an album worth of material to that session. Is it possible Axl brought one huge song possibly parts of Estranged as an extension to NR? Was Breakdown ever a part of that huge song? If anyone has anything to add to this please do. It would be cool to hear any demos of these including the beginnings of songs all the way up to Slash adding the guitar pieces. I'm sure there's demos on those too. And Matt saying one huge song, he joined in 1990 after the Chicago session making all of this even more unclear. Of course some may think big deal be happy with the final versions however they came about. That's not good enough for me. I love the songs so much I want to know everything that went into creating them! If anyone has anything to add please do.....

30 minutes ago, jerry said:

I wish we had the full background of this song including demos, drafts, cuts. Didn't Matt Sorum say November Rain and Estranged was at one time one huge song? I've heard that NR was in one form or another anywhere from 12 to 15 to over 20 minutes in length. Estranged I believe Axl originated in Chicago '89 or maybe before. Axl I think said he, Izzy, and Slash each brought an album worth of material to that session. Is it possible Axl brought one huge song possibly parts of Estranged as an extension to NR? Was Breakdown ever a part of that huge song? If anyone has anything to add to this please do. It would be cool to hear any demos of these including the beginnings of songs all the way up to Slash adding the guitar pieces. I'm sure there's demos on those too. And Matt saying one huge song, he joined in 1990 after the Chicago session making all of this even more unclear. Of course some may think big deal be happy with the final versions however they came about. That's not good enough for me. I love the songs so much I want to know everything that went into creating them! If anyone has anything to add please do.....

Matt is mistaken.  Nov Rain was written before AFD, and estranged was written well after.  My guess is Axl played Nov Rain and Estranged back to back and Matt assumed it was one song.

There are old demos of Nov rain that are just ten minutes and there is that 5 minute guitar version.  If they were one song they would have been one song on those old demos.