Celebrities you've encountered

Silverburst80

On 6/23/2017 at 9:24 PM, downzy said:

I made a list a few years ago as there's been so many that I figured it would be fun to keep track.  Not into the whole celebrity thing much as I never ask for pictures or autographs.  

All celebrities I've either spoken to, interacted with, or been very close proximity to...

Axl Rose
Sebastian Bach
Angus Young
Tommy Stinson
Gilby Clark
Dave Navarro
Frank Ferrer
Val Kilmer
Rihanna
Samuel L. Jackson
Paris Hilton
Stephen Colbert
Matthew Morrison
Kunal Nayyar (Indian guy from Big Bang Theory)
Rafael Nadal
The Countess of Wessex (married to Prince Edward)
Paul Schaffer
Kevin O'Leary
Enrique Iglesias
Adrian Grenier 
John Hamm
Sam Rockwell
Michael Sheen
Carrey Mulligan
Josh Brolin
Hillary Swank
Rob Lowe
James Franco
Juliette Lewis
Thandy Newton
David Cross
Minnie Driver
Justin Long
Vincent Cassel
Danny Boyle
David Suzuki
Kristina Anapau
Debbie Travis
All the guys from the band Glass Tiger
Leslie Nielsen
Gordie Howe
Michael Wekerle (from Dragon's Den Canada)
Eric Lindross
Doug Gilmore (former Toronto Maple Leaf)
Gary Roberts (former Toronto Maple Leaf)
Johnny Bower (former Toronto Maple Leaf)
George Armstron (former Toronto Maple Leaf)

wow i am SO jealous! i could talk to you for hours about how you met them and how it went.  some are offbeat people i'd love to met...like David Cross...i'd walk up to him and sing chicken  pot chicken pot chicken pot pie! ( from when he played Donny on Just Shoot Me...if you've never seen it you're missing out! :P )

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

I met Bumblefoot and Gary Hoey during the Guitar Gods tour in 2014.

I met Bret Hart at a charity event for the March of Dimes around 2011 or so.

I've met nearly every living past and present member of KISS - Gene, Paul, Tommy, Bruce, Eric Singer, and Ace.

I also know Jim Carrey...'s sister. :lol:

I bet Simmons was after your wallet?

• Like 2

The only minor celebrity is Nicola Coppi, he makes these frozen pizzas. 

https://www.fieldschina.com/index.php?route=information/information&id=743&lang=en

He was in this supermarket giving samples of his pizza. So I went up to get free pizza and ended up chatting to him about his company. I didn't get an autograph and never seen him again. But he met wasted, subconsciously he must be a better person for it. 

Edited by wasted

Just now, James Bond said:

Gene was surprisingly reserved, quiet, and sweet. Ace was the grumpy uncle who dropped his macaroni salad on the grass at your Saturday barbecue.

Gene plays it cool but he's a jerk at heart. kinda like pretending to be your friend while plotting ways to take what he wants from you. JMO :)

3 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I get more excited and proud of having met other mygnr members. I've met 14 of you lovely lot so far. <3 

I always love meeting mygnr members in person. We had like 15/20 people at my party in Vegas prior to the second show last year and it was awesome. Had somewhere around the same number at my house party prior to the Detroit kick off too. Everyone was so awesome in person and even people that don't get along online got along famously in person :)

• Like 2

I'm an avid autograph collector, so I've met lots. Top of the heap is Bruce Springsteen, at one of his book signing / photo ops when his memoire came out last year. Book signings are always a good go-to for meeting people. It's how I met Ozzy, Nikki Sixx, Ace, Al Franken, George Carlin, Amy Schumer, Patti Smith... I also enjoy stage-dooring concers and shows and things. That's how I met Axl back in 2012 on the UCAP tour.

As for random ones out in "the wild," I've been on flights with Bobby Hull (NHL Hall of Fame forward) and Wallace Shawn.

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I always love meeting mygnr members in person. We had like 15/20 people at my party in Vegas prior to the second show last year and it was awesome. Had somewhere around the same number at my house party prior to the Detroit kick off too. Everyone was so awesome in person and even people that don't get along online got along famously in person :)

That's really good to hear. I find it amusing when there's a bit of drama between folks on the forum, but then I see they're friends on Facebook anyway. :lol: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Gene plays it cool but he's a jerk at heart. kinda like pretending to be your friend while plotting ways to take what he wants from you. JMO :)

I get with Gene he's all an act - of course he wants to look as good as he can with the fans because they'll spread good things about him about how amazing he is in real life and whatnot. Absolutely. But at least he pretended to care. Ace was like talking to a zombie.

13 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I get with Gene he's all an act - of course he wants to look as good as he can with the fans because they'll spread good things about him about how amazing he is in real life and whatnot. Absolutely. But at least he pretended to care. Ace was like talking to a zombie.

he probably was wasted out of his mind! when did you meet him? my good friend is a KISS fanatic and he met Ace a few years ago and they jammed together( oh God is that corny? ) and he said Ace was great :) and he respects Gene as a musician but the crap he has pulled has made him not a fan of Gene the person.

oh! that reminds me, the friend i am speaking of is a minor celeb. he has been in a couple of movies and has worked with several famous movies! guess that's about it except when i was a kid we met Karen Carpenter, it was right before she died. i don't recall much as i was like 4 but i know she signed an autograph with a bright pink magic marker my mom had in here purse. and some old time actress my dad attended University of Texas with, we were at Six Flags of Texas and i was barely older than i was when we met Karen Carpenter.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

he probably was wasted out of his mind! when did you meet him? my good friend is a KISS fanatic and he met Ace a few years ago and they jammed together( oh God is that corny? ) and he said Ace was great :) and he respects Gene as a musician but the crap he has pulled has made him not a fan of Gene the person.

oh! that reminds me, the friend i am speaking of is a minor celeb. he has been in a couple of movies and has worked with several famous movies! guess that's about it except when i was a kid we met Karen Carpenter, it was right before she died. i don't recall much as i was like 4 but i know she signed an autograph with a bright pink magic marker my mom had in here purse. and some old time actress my dad attended University of Texas with, we were at Six Flags of Texas and i was barely older than i was when we met Karen Carpenter.

2008 if memory serves me correctly. I think he was just tired and grumpy. I don't fault him for it by any means - he's a human like the rest of us. It just so happens that of all the KISS family I've met he was the least interesting in person when I expected quite the opposite. The funniest was Eric Singer because he was barely my height even with his platforms on. :lol:

• Like 1

I was almost run over when I was about 9, It was in Richmond park (London) and I stepped out into the road as a car came speeding around the corner. The driver slammed on his brakes and came to halting stop inches in front of me, rolled down the window and exchanged some curt words with my Dad and Uncle. 

As he drove off all my Dad could say was, do you realise you were all most knocked over by Ringo Starr. My uncle a Copper  was less impressed and took down his number plate, and muttered somthing about speeding. 

Not exactly meeting a famous person but Dad told that story for years.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I was almost run over when I was about 9, It was in Richmond park (London) and I stepped out into the road as a car came speeding around the corner. The driver slammed on his brakes and came to halting stop inches in front of me, rolled down the window and exchanged some curt words with my Dad and Uncle. 

As he drove off all my Dad could say was, do you realise you were all most knocked over by Ringo Starr. My uncle a Copper  was less impressed and took down his number plate, and muttered somthing about speeding. 

Not exactly meeting a famous person but Dad told that story for years.

Celebrities you've almost been killed or seriously injured by would make a great follow up thread. :lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, toroymoi said:

Sat next to Johnny Marr at the cinema.

Eating at Pizza Express and Morrissey came in to eat.

Apparently the universe is drawing me towards members of The Smiths.

You're the key to a reunion.  Make it happen.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dcon said:

Not very many:

Oscar Robertson

Drew Brees

Boris Becker

Vince  Vaughn

AJ Foyt

Not too exciting of a list, but I'm trying to hit 100 with my post count.

AJ Foyt! that is mega cool! great race car driver. Vince Vaughn is cool, was he like he is in his movies? Boris Becker i forgot about him! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

AJ Foyt! that is mega cool! great race car driver. Vince Vaughn is cool, was he like he is in his movies? Boris Becker i forgot about him! :)

VV seemed quite patient and friendly.  Early 2000s a group of us actually ran into him twice in one night in LA.  Both times he took pics (which was certainly an annoying double-dip on our part) and took time to chat with us a bit too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcon said:

VV seemed quite patient and friendly.  Early 2000s a group of us actually ran into him twice in one night in LA.  Both times he took pics (which was certainly an annoying double-dip on our part) and took time to chat with us a bit too.

how nice :) it's great when you meet a celeb and they are cool like that! :thumbsup:

• Like 1