Celebrities you've encountered

Silverburst80

Had Paul Newman ask me for christmas lights when I worked in a lumber yard in Westport, CT when I was in engineering school back in the early 80's....also met Meatloaf in the same place when he came in with his wife to buy some stuff.... He was just tagging along with her an incredibly nice guy..he hung out and shot the shit with us store clerks while she shopped......wish Keef had come in but  he had not yet bought his house in Weston CT yet.

Ran into Ritchie Blackmore in a drugstore in the town I used to live in, Betherl, Ct, back in the 90's one time. I said hello to him and he looked at me like he had seen a ghost, nodded his head and walked away from me.........he used to go to a pub in the same town from time to time and play acoustic guitar at the bar but I never saw him there........not the most friendly l chap from what I have  been told........:lol:

On 28/06/2017 at 9:58 PM, classicrawker said:

Had Paul Newman ask me for christmas lights when I worked in a lumber yard in Westport, CT when I was in engineering school back in the early 80's....also met Meatloaf in the same place when he came in with his wife to buy some stuff.... He was just tagging along with her an incredibly nice guy..he hung out and shot the shit with us store clerks while she shopped......wish Keef had come in but  he had not yet bought his house in Weston CT yet.

Ran into Ritchie Blackmore in a drugstore in the town I used to live in, Betherl, Ct, back in the 90's one time. I said hello to him and he looked at me like he had seen a ghost, nodded his head and walked away from me.........he used to go to a pub in the same town from time to time and play acoustic guitar at the bar but I never saw him there........not the most friendly l chap from what I have  been told........:lol:

No, Blackmore being a bit of a wanker is fairly well known throughout the entire world.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Holy shit. You met Michael Jackson?? Details please!

I did, yea. It was in Harrords in London in either 2002 or 2003. Anyway, i was minding my own and then all of sudden the part of the store i was in suddenly got very busy, there was like loads of fuss and people kept rushing over to one area and I was wondering what was going on, so out of curiosity i went over to see what was happening, and low and behold it was Michael Jackson. People were following him everywhere, i was sort of staying back cause I'm not really one to get star struck or anything like that, anyway, long story short, the store was closing and so people were starting to leave and once the crowds thined out a bit I got to meet Michael, shake his hand e.t.c. I was surprised at how tall he was, but he was friendly enough, i didn't get a picture with him or anything like that, but yea I shook his hand and spoke to him very briefly.  If I'd known he'd have been there I would have brought my Dangerous album along for him to sign xD

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheRipper75 said:

I did, yea. It was in Harrords in London in either 2002 or 2003. Anyway, i was minding my own and then all of sudden the part of the store i was in suddenly got very busy, there was like loads of fuss and people kept rushing over to one area and I was wondering what was going on, so out of curiosity i went over to see what was happening, and low and behold it was Michael Jackson. People were following him everywhere, i was sort of staying back cause I'm not really one to get star struck or anything like that, anyway, long story short, the store was closing and so people were starting to leave and once the crowds thined out a bit I got to meet Michael, shake his hand e.t.c. I was surprised at how tall he was, but he was friendly enough, i didn't get a picture with him or anything like that, but yea I shook his hand and spoke to him very briefly.  If I'd known he'd have been there I would have brought my Dangerous album along for him to sign xD

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for the details :) 

• Like 2

I bumped into the guy from Man Vs. Food at an ice cream shop in Philly once...he seemed like an asshole.

I also got to meet Dave Filoni (creator of various Star Wars cartoon shows) at a movie theater in Pitt once. He seemed nice.

Oh yeah I also met Steve-O very briefly when he visited my school...he seemed...weird...

Edited by rocknroll41

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I bumped into the guy from Man Vs. Food at an ice cream shop in Philly once...he seemed like an asshole.

I also got to meet Dave Filoni (creator of various Star Wars cartoon shows) at a movie theater in Pitt once. He seemed nice.

cant think of anyone else right now.

I had a friend run into that Man Vs Food guy in Nashville once. He was with some other douche friend of his and kept hinting that my friend and her friend should buy HIM drinks because he's "a celebrity". She said both him and his friend got increasingly rude over the course of 15 minutes or so because the girls weren't buying them drinks. In short.... yes, he's an asshole lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I had a friend run into that Man Vs Food guy in Nashville once. He was with some other douche friend of his and kept hinting that my friend and her friend should buy HIM drinks because he's "a celebrity". She said both him and his friend got increasingly rude over the course of 15 minutes or so because the girls weren't buying them drinks. In short.... yes, he's an asshole lol

Glad it's not just me who noticed it then!

I looked him up just now and apparently his career took a big blow a few years ago after he body shamed some people on Twitter or something. So at least he eventually got what he deserved.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Has anyone encountered Jools Holland? I find him really irritating, but an old colleague of mine served him at a bar once, and he just came across as a nice, nerdy music guy. So maybe he doesn't come across well on TV. 

I find watching his New Years shows the most depression confirmation of one's sadness. ''Look at  us on television. We are having fun at a New Years party''.

• Like 1

Was blessed by Pope John Paul II
Met Matt Damon in LA when I randomly saw him and asked him for directions
Met Vanilla Ice in an airport when he randomly asked me for directions
had drinks one night for about an hour in a bar with the guys from the band Moist. 
I've met and coached with countless NHL players
Met Chris Jericho at the AXL/DC show in New York 

Not much of a celebrity hound to be honest. I've never aspired to meet anyone and don't really care if I do or don't. I'll never put in an effort to meet a celebrity but if it happens organically  that's cool. 

Edited by Bono

6 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

As was I! I don't really count him though, as I was too young to remember. The fam do have a photo though. 

We got a photo too that was taken by the media. I also made it into a catholic school text book. I'm the white kid in the picture haha!
308494_10150760240610397_8027027_n.jpg?o

68999_10152786632995397_1552206985_n.jpg

• Like 1

I met Kirsten Dunst back in the 90's when I was just a kid. She wasn't famous then really but had done a few films by that point. We were on holiday in LA, and she was staying in the same hotel as us. When she went off to audition for (I think) Jumanji my mum looked after her younger brother for the day at the hotel. We were there for a month so hung out quite a bit as kids do. She later grew up to be super hot so kinda wish we'd kept in touch <_<

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 2:25 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Did you make a joke about ''her buns''?

I'm not really into celebrities and such these days but thousands of cricketers (and ex-cricketers doing punditry) have walked very close to me. Unlike footballers they are not closed-off by security of anything; if you desire, you can just catch them by sitting near the pavilion steps when they go out to field for an autograph or a conversation. I had Warne and Botham right in front of me one time doing the Sky thing; lock up your daughters! I could have went to a members' forum with Botham in April but couldn't be arsed to go.

I think I just saw Michael Portillo on the train the other day

Pavel Srníček, former Newcastle keeper. Keegan and Lee Clark also once visited my school.

That long-jump ''hop-skip-jump'' guy, Jonathan Edwards. He also visited my school. I got my photo taken with him.

Hetfield and Newsted

PS

The only time I got starstruck was when Sangakarra walked by me. He had just been dismissed for a duck or something or other so I was not going to bother the chap for an autograph.

Hetfield, Newsted and Sangakkara. All boxes ticked, sir :lol: