When Axl blew us a kiss

6 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

This sounds like Fernando

It wasn't. Was this big dude...

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Was it that big guy with a long beard? :max:

That's bad. Really bad thing to do.

Lol, I wouldn't have let him have it. Not that way. Respect the person, respect a woman, asshole :bitchfight:

It was a big guy! Didn't notice his face, 'cause we were looking at the stage and it happened so fast! 

I won't the next time! :max:

3 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Oh hey look, it's me.

Ok... hi! :lol:

24 minutes ago, ironmt said:

LOL, turning mygnrforum Into the love connection. Be back In 2 and 2.

:wacko:

Since it didn't happen the first time, it's pretty obvious that Axl gave the order to 'collect' the banners as souvenir for his backstage trash can. And the almost 'no pictures' and definitely 'no chats/interviews' policy sucks as well. Is there actually a popular band who has a worse fan service? The diva attitude maybe worked in the 80s and 90s, but in 2017 it's ridiculous. As an artist I would love to meet fans like Stine and would give her a little bit more attention;)

10 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

This thread certainly gets your attention when you're on the front page and see " When Axl blew me"... :lol:

Sorry, it was actually hillarious, but I changed the headline hahaha:lol:

5 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Since it didn't happen the first time, it's pretty obvious that Axl gave the order to 'collect' the banners as souvenir for his backstage trash can. And the almost 'no pictures' and definitely 'no chats/interviews' policy sucks as well. Is there actually a popular band who has a worse fan service? The diva attitude maybe worked in the 80s and 90s, but in 2017 it's ridiculous. As an artist I would love to meet fans like Stine and would give her a little bit more attention;)

I just can't figure out why it was allowed back in the days and now the seq. Gets crazy over these banners... I see Axl reading banners and smiling, so doesn't seem like it's bothering him? Or are they now afraid of another "where's izzy?" Banner? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NorwegianGirl said:

?

Honestly, he ripped it out of my hands, didn't say anything, and he did it in such a way like he was mad. Then he walked away with it and I never got it back. Which is also weird because it's mine! And I asked at least 5!!! Different sequrity people if it was OK and they all said yes! Even showed it to the seq.people checking my bags on my way in. They didn't even wanna see what waa written on it.

The rough temper of the security looks like a thing this tour. I was completely kicked when a security guard jumped all angry in the crowd to also rip a banner that only had an Axl pic on it.  The guy holding the banner wasn't doing anything wrong, the security reaction was completely unnecessary :max:

But anyway, really nice story! You'll always have a hell of moment to remember, happy for you :heart:

Over zealous jobsworths. I saw an elderly chap have his bottle of beer confiscated at something as sedate (and chronically undercrowded) as a cricket match the other day! They exist everywhere.

PS

I actually, strangely some might feel, do not blame GN'R here, although their record in the past is awful on this front. If you ask five security men if it is okay, that indicates it is not a top-down order but probably the doings of (as I said) a jobsworth. These security firms are contracted out and often have no idea about the sensibilities and etiquette of the event they are at - they do not excise commonsense in other words.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

The rough temper of the security looks like a thing this tour. I was completely kicked when a security guard jumped all angry in the crowd to also rip a banner that only had an Axl pic on it.  The guy holding the banner wasn't doing anything wrong, the security reaction was completely unnecessary :max:

But anyway, really nice story! You'll always have a hell of moment to remember, happy for you :heart:

Ok? strange behaviour! :blink:Thank you so much!! :)

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Over zealous jobsworths. I saw an elderly chap have his bottle of beer confiscated at something as sedate (and chronically undercrowded) as a cricket match the other day! They exist everywhere.

PS

I actually, strangely some might feel, do not blame GN'R here, although their record in the past is awful on this front. If you ask five security men if it is okay, that indicates it is not a top-down order but probably the doings of (as I said) a jobsworth. These security firms are contracted out and often have no idea about the sensibilities and etiquette of the event they are at - they do not excise commonsense in other words.

Yea, like I mentioned earlier I've seen Axl's expressions as he reads banners and it never seem to bother him so it doesn't seem like it's his orders. If I ever get to meet him again I will actually ask about this.

37 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Ok? strange behaviour! :blink:Thank you so much!! :)

Yea, like I mentioned earlier I've seen Axl's expressions as he reads banners and it never seem to bother him so it doesn't seem like it's his orders. If I ever get to meet him again I will actually ask about this.

Two questions:

Were you holding up the sign often, while the band was performing?  And were there any other people in your area holding up signs during the songs?

Most likely they took the sign because it was blocking the view of people behind you.

57 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

Two questions:

Were you holding up the sign often, while the band was performing?  And were there any other people in your area holding up signs during the songs?

Most likely they took the sign because it was blocking the view of people behind you.

No. I allready wrote it in my story. 

We held it up at "This I love" when he came at the end of the catwalk. +, like I allready said: we held it infront of the rail, not UP so blocked people's view. Because that would be annoying for people behind us. 

Hello Norwegian girl. A couple of questions...

1. You said you queued for 8 hours, thats before the gates opened or before concert time? Were you at the center-ish of the rail?

2. Are there many GN'R fans in Norway? I got a Norwegian friend in Oslo, but she isnt a fan, so she doesnt know. Why do you think they skipped Norway?

19 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

No. I allready wrote it in my story. 

We held it up at "This I love" when he came at the end of the catwalk. +, like I allready said: we held it infront of the rail, not UP so blocked people's view. Because that would be annoying for people behind us. 

Okay thanks. I was looking at the picture in this thread of you holding up the sign above your head while all the other fans were standing and looking toward the stage, I guess that's a pic of something else?

18 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Hello Norwegian girl. A couple of questions...

1. You said you queued for 8 hours, thats before the gates opened or before concert time? Were you at the center-ish of the rail?

2. Are there many GN'R fans in Norway? I got a Norwegian friend in Oslo, but she isnt a fan, so she doesnt know. Why do you think they skipped Norway?

Before gates opened. ? and then all the waiting time inside of the arena for GnR adds another 3 hours...

Maybe they will add Norway for the next tour?? If there's another european leg.

11 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

Before gates opened. ? and then all the waiting time inside of the arena for GnR adds another 3 hours...

Maybe they will add Norway for the next tour?? If there's another european leg.

Thanks! So were there many people before you already? What time do you suggest lining up?

15 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Thanks! So were there many people before you already? What time do you suggest lining up?

No, there were only 3 of us for at least a couple of hours at the GC-EE line. Most people came around noon... problem is, the welcome to the jungle VIP package lets people in before the Early entry vip people. So they can sequre themselves the best spots at the rail. We were just very lucky people preferred to be on the sides! We wanted catwalk because of Axl?

• Like 1

Just now, NorwegianGirl said:

No, there were only 3 of us for at least a couple of hours at the GC-EE line. Most people came around noon... problem is, the welcome to the jungle VIP package lets people in before the Early entry vip people. So they can sequre themselves the best spots at the rail. We were just very lucky people preferred to be on the sides! We wanted catwalk because of Axl?

Were there lots of Jungle VIP? And how about regular GC(non EE), were there lots before you? 

And why do people want to be on the sides? PITMAN?!

Sorry for asking a lot. lol

Just now, ChristmasFnatic said:

Were there lots of Jungle VIP? And how about regular GC(non EE), were there lots before you? 

And why do people want to be on the sides? PITMAN?!

Sorry for asking a lot. lol

No it's fine! 

Yes...around a 100 people in London on friday... less people saturday. Yes!!! The line for regular GC was much bigger when we arrived! Around 15 people at 9 in the morning? Just to compare. Let's say at noon there would be maybe 60 GC people, but only 20 GC EE people... but that was London

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Thanks again. Ugh. I will line up 4am! That will show 'em!!! Front and center, not Pitman area!

If you got EE you'll get in before regular anyway. ? Haha omg, 4 AM...   Hope it's not gonna rain then!?

• Like 1

Just now, ChristmasFnatic said:

Once in a lifetime. lol. And no EE to where Im attending, I just found out. Whew.

Great!!! That's true?? In gdansk there was no welcome to the j.package, just EE. And then people actually slept outside the arena to be first. So 4 AM is not crazy? haha

12 hours ago, NorwegianGirl said:

?

Honestly, he ripped it out of my hands, didn't say anything, and he did it in such a way like he was mad. Then he walked away with it and I never got it back. Which is also weird because it's mine! And I asked at least 5!!! Different sequrity people if it was OK and they all said yes! Even showed it to the seq.people checking my bags on my way in. They didn't even wanna see what waa written on it.

The same thing happened to me in munich. I was front row and had a banner "thanx for this Reunion" ...really a simple and harmless thing. The second I tried to show the banner to axl , head of security ripped it off my hands looking angry at me. Really rude.

At the end of the show the guy thanked the other securities , so I dont know if this guy travels with the band or what but his behaviour is awful. I mean the banner wasn t nasty or anything. I just wanted to thank the band as I waited 20 + years to see this... 

19 minutes ago, Natty said:

The same thing happened to me in munich. I was front row and had a banner "thanx for this Reunion" ...really a simple and harmless thing. The second I tried to show the banner to axl , head of security ripped it off my hands looking angry at me. Really rude.

At the end of the show the guy thanked the other securities , so I dont know if this guy travels with the band or what but his behaviour is awful. I mean the banner wasn t nasty or anything. I just wanted to thank the band as I waited 20 + years to see this... 

WTF.