What does the future hold?

I've been loving the reunion since it was 1st announced (ironically I was in Vegas when the news 1st broke and i also went back to Vegas for both shows).  What will happen come after Nov 25?  More legs of the current tour (I hope)?  Recording new stuff?  Fade away?  More Nu GnR (God please no)?  Axl/DC?  It will no doubt be interesting what the GnR future holds.  Is this just a 'one off' tour or what?  Will Duff/Slash be allowed to do interviews?  Time will tell on all I guess....

• Like 3

If they don't do an album together after this then I think it might be the end of the road. Maybe some touring in the future with Izzy finally getting involved. But if they don't do an album I can see the NITL tour kinda being a one and done.

If that's the case I'm hoping for an AXL/DC album. And Slash and Duff going back to doing their own thing.

Best case is they do an album. I still think there's a chance of that.

• Like 1

More touring in Europe and Asia + festivals. A money grab GH album with 1 or 2 new songs if we're lucky and a live dvd more than likely.

I think we should know which direction the wind is blowing by November. 

All that being said, AFD 5 or bust. 

• Like 3

i dont expect anything other than more of the same from axl, slash and duff

really, these guys managed to turn the most antecipated reunion ever into a bullshit nonsense guns n aliens nostalgia tour

when they put guns n roses back together, i will expect the world

and savour every piece of new music

• Like 2

It's like one year in.... right now they are all about touring. When it's over, I'm sure more good things will come, weather that's an album or whatever who knows.

but I'd bet they are getting offers for soundtracks and stuff. Trouble is that the money is in touring these days not releasing music and the big 3 know that.

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

More touring in Europe and Asia + festivals. A money grab GH album with 1 or 2 new songs if we're lucky and a live dvd more than likely.

I think we should know which direction the wind is blowing by November. 

All that being said, AFD 5 or bust. 

What album isn't a money grab in the music business?

• Like 2

At some point some of the unreleased songs will come in conjunction with newly written songs and i'm going to savour the tears of all the hardcore reunion bitches who just can't comprehend Slash promoting and playing even more stuff from the 'New' era. 

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

It's like one year in.... right now they are all about touring. When it's over, I'm sure more good things will come, weather that's an album or whatever who knows.

but I'd bet they are getting offers for soundtracks and stuff. Trouble is that the money is in touring these days not releasing music and the big 3 know that.

How lucrative was it in terms of dollars when they put YCBM on Terminator 2?

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

How lucrative was it in terms of dollars when they put YCBM on Terminator 2?

Back then it was lucrative in the way that it was promoting the upcoming album using the biggest movie of that year... very smart marketing.. if they plan to release an album, they need the lead single featured prominently in a blockbuster movie.

I have given up on guessing. If someone had asked me two years ago if I thought Axl would be the lead singer for AC/DC and that Slash and Duff would rejoin GN'R, I'd shake my head. So I guess anything is possible. Or at least that I am not able to predict the future. That being said, I still believe new music is unlikely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

At some point some of the unreleased songs will come in conjunction with newly written songs and i'm going to savour the tears of all the hardcore reunion bitches who just can't comprehend Slash promoting and playing even more stuff from the 'New' era. 

That has always beem GNR, Slash always collab with other writers for GNR. I guess you could say that new GNR was in this seperate box, but then why are they reworking Chi dem, Better, TIL live? Theres definitely the past and present pointing to a possibility of new GNR matetial being used in someway. 

What does the future hold ? Who knows and that's why Izzy and Steven should be playing with A/S/D on July 20th because anything can happen. 

As for Guns in general I think  a euro arena tour will be a definite and probably a SA second leg. After that I'm hoping a album might start getting worked on around 12-15months time 

Not I but if there was a new album with just Axl/Slash/Duff writing credits it would be the first time that ever happened. 

On one hand the touring seems like mending bridges and bringing that old UYI style touring back, but on the other it would be strange not to really get some songs out of it. They havent ruled it out. 

Well I still believe new music will come out at some point, and honestly that's all I really care about. I'm gonna see them next weekend when they come to Finland. I'm sure it's gonna be cool. But after that I don't give a flying fuck what they're doing, unless it's new music.