What does the future hold?

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Axl is the one who disbanded the original lineup with talk of moving the band forward and having a "vision"... what a load of bullshit that turned out to be.

I think he actually meant that, but then his autism, or whatever he has, got the best of him and now we are 25 years later with one album.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Axl back with Axl/DC.

Slash back to SMKC.

Duff will do guest spots with randoms, write articles and swim Scrooge McDuck style in his piles of money.

Duff and Slash will do interviews again but talk very vaguely about NITL. "It was great! Next question!."

No new music. There's no money in it and no one but us cares about it. For most of the people going to the shows, CD tunes are new music. 

More than likely, the rumors were correct and Slash and Duff's contracts are up in 2017 which is why they keep adding shows and packing the schedule. Maybe far in the future they will sign up to do a few festivals with Axl. But there will be a very lengthy break.

Maybe, maybe  a DVD.

Can you expand on the rumors surrounding Duff/Slash contracts or provide a source? Thanks! 

under no circumstance should axl do anything with fake ac/dc.  if he does axl will have officially cheapened the legacy of TWO classic bands instead of just one.  it takes more than one original member, axl.  we are you gonna get that through your wig?    

if gnr fade away into the cash grab sunset and only release cash grab projects well... I would have expected nothing less from axl and his enablers at Team Yes.  

With that said I'm hoping ivanka and Jared can persuade Donald to write and record new music.  

• Like 3

I expect nothing.  Maybe a Holmes-McKagan Family reality show.

but letting myself dream: Box set would be cool but expensive.  In addition to box set they should do a "best of the vault" with stuff from each era.  Including VR with Izzy. 

2 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

under no circumstance should axl do anything with fake ac/dc.  if he does axl will have officially cheapened the legacy of TWO classic bands instead of just one.  it takes more than one original member, axl.  we are you gonna get that through your wig?    

if gnr fade away into the cash grab sunset and only release cash grab projects well... I would have expected nothing less from axl and his enablers at Team Yes.  

With that said I'm hoping ivanka and Jared can persuade Donald to write and record new music.  

'Fake ACDC' put on a show equal, if not better than the current GnR show so I dont think its fair to say he would ruin the legacy of any of the bands. If Axl was to join Angus I don't think it would be called ACDC. I think it would be Angus and Axl (without the school suit) creatively  different from both ACDC and GnR. Although I don't mind them continuing ACDC like it was last year because the shows Axl did were incredible so much power and energy it was like seeing a 20 years younger ACDC compared to 2015. I don't think I will see a better show then Sevilla or Manchester ever again. 

Just now, Mark1989 said:

'Fake ACDC' put on a show equal, if not better than the current GnR show so I dont think its fair to say he would ruin the legacy of any of the bands. If Axl was to join Angus I don't think it would be called ACDC. I think it would be Angus and Axl (without the school suit) creatively  different from both ACDC and GnR. Although I don't mind them continuing ACDC like it was last year because the shows Axl did were incredible so much power and energy it was like seeing a 20 years younger ACDC compared to 2015. I don't think I will see a better show then Sevilla or Manchester ever again. 

Because axl did a good job doesn't make it okay to call it ac/dc.  I've seen AC/DC cover bands sound flawless too, do you consider THEM to be AC/DC?  

if they release something with axl under the AC/DC brand it will be laughable and axl will further embarrass himself like he did with fake gnr and his fake gnr solo record.  

if axl and angus want to start a side project, original in its name and music I'd support it a hundred percent... but if they try and pawn that shit as ac/dc then angus, axl and the expensive lawyers who enable them can all go fuck off.

axl did an excellent job covering bon and Brian's parts... but the idea there's going to be a third act for acdc now with axl is a funny joke.  not as funny as stephanie seymour's nanny and her little boy being "managers" but still a joke.  

• Like 1

I see a lot of people worried about what they are going to writte about, that they dont have anything to writte about and let me tell ya somethin': Writters have inspiration from everything, musicians can create inspired melodies from thin air.

I'm not a professional but I do writte songs, lyrics, melodies, I'm even writtin' a fuckin book... If I, a normal pleb, can do this kind of shit, just imagine what these guys that are actually pros can do? Its just a matter of wanting.

@topic:

I believe NITL will come to an end after the schedulled gigs, maybe there will be a final gig announced and then they'll release some live footage. Then Slash will go SMKC, release their album and tour a little until mid 2018, when GNR willl hit the studio to work new and old ideas, if they feel its the right thing to do, they'll release it, if not, it'll just be something new to the vault. 

If we dont have at least an announcements until 2018, forget it, it wont happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

AC/DC is different to Guns N' Roses. It was always the Young brothers' band and no one ever doubted this fact. Now it's Angus's band. Maybe (if there is an album with Axl) he'll call it AC/DC, maybe something else, but he'll do what he wants without caring what anyone thinks. And so will Axl.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

I've seen GnR in Hannover Germany, great concert even the delay due to poor weather was great (people went inside to hide from the rain I stayed outside and got closer to the stage). 

Anyways, judging by what I saw, I believe Axl doesn't like Slash & is only willing to tour with him to collect his (last?) paycheck. There was no connection between them whatsoever, I don't believe Axl will record for GnR while Slash is there. 

Axl/Dc record is a possibility since he's a fan of Angus and enjoys performing with him. I'd prefer a GnR record but that's not realistic at this point in time. When the tour ends, Slash will hit the studio to record with Miles and tour his next solo record and maybe after that continue with GnR's nostalgia tour. 

I think there will be a short break (and by short I mean 6-8 months) where Slash will do solo stuff, Duff will do whatever, and Axl will go back into hiding.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Slash recorded during the break and is just waiting for Myles to get off the road. Maybe a short SMKC tour and then Guns reconvenes to see what they want to do next. 

• Like 1

I think they need to find a way of sticking together once this tour winds down.

Who the hell is gonna want to see that crap version of guns that were limp dicking around prior to the reunion!! People have seen 2/3s of the real deal and it pisses all over what's been "GNR" for the last few years. 

I liked Tommy, Ron and Fortus but that was not GNR... That mess could not sell out the venues the lineup now is playing.

Axl has credibility with Duff n Slash about, on his own he's like a fucking cult leader who ate all the pies. How he thought that tache was a good idea I will never know!!! 

They are in a loose loose situation with new tunes, if they don't people will bitch, if they do people will bitch it's not as good as the classic stuff. I hope that the band does what they want, if they are excited about playing with each other again and want to write some tunes that would be great. Anyone who plays guitar knows you come up with something new each time you pick it up, these guys (with Izzy) wrote most of the illusions albums sitting round on couches playing acoustic guitars. It is that easy but also its that hard as they need to be on the fucking couches for it to work!! 

I want them to piss all over every other band out there and replace the stones as the torch bearers, I don't think it will happen due to Axl but he owes me fuck all , it's his trip. It's their (his) band. 

10 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have given up on guessing. If someone had asked me two years ago if I thought Axl would be the lead singer for AC/DC and that Slash and Duff would rejoin GN'R, I'd shake my head. So I guess anything is possible. Or at least that I am not able to predict the future. That being said, I still believe new music is unlikely.

i had thought for sure they'd do something BIG for the 30th year anniversary but unless the gods of rock n roll make it so i don't see the full AFD reunion happening that i had hoped for. with new music :shrugs:

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

Because axl did a good job doesn't make it okay to call it ac/dc.  I've seen AC/DC cover bands sound flawless too, do you consider THEM to be AC/DC?  

if they release something with axl under the AC/DC brand it will be laughable and axl will further embarrass himself like he did with fake gnr and his fake gnr solo record.  

if axl and angus want to start a side project, original in its name and music I'd support it a hundred percent... but if they try and pawn that shit as ac/dc then angus, axl and the expensive lawyers who enable them can all go fuck off.

axl did an excellent job covering bon and Brian's parts... but the idea there's going to be a third act for acdc now with axl is a funny joke.  not as funny as stephanie seymour's nanny and her little boy being "managers" but still a joke.  

Just name the Band Axl DC not AC DC

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

Best case: New albums from AC/DC and GN'R. Promoted in a co-headliner tour

Worst case: NITL 2027

This! Would make perfect sense. Axl singing GN'R and AC/DC songs with Angus. I certainly expect at least one more album by AC/DC, Angus wants to continue and Axl wants to work with him, that's pretty obvious.

GN'R should release some new stuff, too, unless they want to be remembered as a memorial band and I guess they don't want that, so they have to do something soon

Edited by Zurimor