ZOMG!!!! SNES CLASSIC EDITION!!!!!

action

The big deal here is they're releasing Star Fox 2, a game that was completed but never released to the public.

While I had an NES and enjoyed it, it was the SNES that reminds me most of my childhood/early teen years.  

Listening to November Rain while playing Super Mario World - the early 90s were a great time to be a kid/teen.

I'm going to do everything I can to own one of these.  

I'm definitely more interested in this than the NES Classic but 21 games seems a little short unless they do plan on adding more or making purchases enabled on it (unlike its predecessor). I get that it's supposed to be a little taste of the "greatest hits" but Kirby's Dream Course? The rest is a good selection with a few glaringly obvious omissions.

I mean, I would fork over the inevitable scalper prices if it was Mario All Stars + World and all three Donkey Kong games.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Won't someone just do a hack for it adding all SNES games like what was done for the NES classic? Imagine how fucking dope/rad/lit that would be.

There's a Kiwi store(which is reliable, I've used it many times.) taking pre-orders already for $139NZD, I'm skint right now unfortunately but I'll order asap. It's strictly 1 per customer so I imagine Nintendo is doing their annoying bullshit limited availability again.

Hacks are great and all that but Nintendo should really just do it from the get go. There is absolutely no reason they can't. If not the whole library then at least the library that is available on the Virtual Console.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree, I'm just saying at least there are these amazing hacks. The one for the NES classic seems incredible. I still want an NES classic, guess I'm shit out of luck though.

Alternatively I'd settle from some type of "bulk price" on the Virual Console to get all the same games in one fell swoop. Then just buy the stand alone SNES Classic controller.

This is what's so infuriating about Nintendo.  They make it difficult for the casual fan to enjoy what they want.  In a world with on-demand music, movies, television, and PC/console gaming, Nintendo still operates like it's 1995.  I wouldn't be too upset if someone like Apple or Google bought Nintendo and revitalized their business model.  A company with so much great content should not be this bad at delivering it to people.  These classic hardware consoles aren't even necessary, just sell classic game packs via the virtual console for $50.  When factoring in production/transportation costs, they would make a lot more money using the Switch and Virtual console than producing a little toy console (plus another reason to buy a Switch, oh wait, they're still limiting supply).  

Nintendo, the GNR of the video game world.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

This is what's so infuriating about Nintendo.  They make it difficult for the casual fan to enjoy what they want.  In a world with on-demand music, movies, television, and PC/console gaming, Nintendo still operates like it's 1995.  I wouldn't be too upset if someone like Apple or Google bought Nintendo and revitalized their business model.  A company with so much great content should not be this bad at delivering it to people.  These classic hardware consoles aren't even necessary, just sell classic game packs via the virtual console for $50.  When factoring in production/transportation costs, they would make a lot more money using the Switch and Virtual console than producing a little toy console (plus another reason to buy a Switch, oh wait, they're still limiting supply).  

Nintendo, the GNR of the video game world.  

Getting Donkey Kong Country without also getting 2 and 3 is like getting Adler in but only letting him play two songs.

Getting Kirby's fucking golf game while leaving out Mario All Stars is like getting Mickey when we could be getting the rasp.

I like this. :lol:

Doesn't look like you can pre-order them yet in North America.  I've also read somewhere that Nintendo will release three different SKUs closer to Christmas.  

Not too upset that they're excluding some of the games mentioned.  Never played DK 2 & 3.  For me, the prizes are Super Mario World, Star Fox 2, Zelda, Metroid, Contra III, Super Ghouls N' Ghosts, and Mario Kart.  

On 27.6.2017 at 4:17 PM, James Bond said:

I'm definitely more interested in this than the NES Classic but 21 games seems a little short unless they do plan on adding more or making purchases enabled on it (unlike its predecessor). I get that it's supposed to be a little taste of the "greatest hits" but Kirby's Dream Course? The rest is a good selection with a few glaringly obvious omissions.

I mean, I would fork over the inevitable scalper prices if it was Mario All Stars + World and all three Donkey Kong games.

Kirby is one of the Nintendo stars, not quite as much as Mario, Zelda and maybe Donkey Kong, but not far behind.

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

You hacked your NES classic, right Russ? Is it in full working order?

I did and it worked perfectly. I eventually got bored with it and gave it to a friend though. He and his kids use it constantly and they've never had an issue with it.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

That's very nice of you and good that they'll play some real games instead of mobile bs that kids seem to play these days. Don't see how you could get bored with it though. Think you'll keep the SNES classic?

Yeah, he and his 2 boys are having a blast with it :)

I got bored of it just because all of those games are so small. It was a nice trip down memory lane playing 1-2 levels on a ton of games, but then I didn't use it too much. I could see myself using the SNES Classic a lot more because they games are so much bigger. If someone figures out a hack where you can load all the games on................on man, I'd never let that thing go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Kirby is one of the Nintendo stars, not quite as much as Mario, Zelda and maybe Donkey Kong, but not far behind.

Yeah but then why pick Dream Course over Dream Land 3? Give us a platformer over a glorified golf game!

• Like 1