ZOMG!!!! SNES CLASSIC EDITION!!!!!

action

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've been having a look at some of the SNES games I'll want to get if there's a mega hack. Demon's Crest, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Zombies Ate My Neighbours and Wild Guns look awesome af.

those games rock. also, if i may say so, i'm a bit of a snes nut (as you might have guessed at this point), and i can wholeheartedly recommend the following games too (based on the games you mentioned). all of these games are absolute gold.

sunset riders

robocop versus the terminator

secret of evermore

vampire's kiss (or dracula X)

batman returns

51 minutes ago, action said:

that would be an option, except most USB snes controllers have build quality like cack and it pisses me off to no end

I'd get an actual SNES controller and use a USB adapter. I tried said setup at a friend's the other day and it worked pretty flawlessly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Hmm...can you still have saves for each game? If you do do this, please fill it up with loads of SNES games and let us know if it works out.

If it does, maybe I'll do the same but for Megadrive games. That would be fucking awesome.

I believe so although we didn't go too in depth. I'll let him program it for me. :lol:

On 7/4/2017 at 0:49 PM, James Bond said:

I'm starting to think I'll just get a Pi with an SNES shell.

What I'd really like to do eventually is just splurge for one of those MAME-style cabinets and leave it at that.

I wish they would just come on with the US pre-orders so I can be either happy or sad. I still haven't even opened my NES because I had purchased a Raspberry pi and loaded up tons of NES and SNES. With it I could actually play the Mike Tyson Punchout game instead of the one that came with the NES. By the time it was hacked I already had everything hooked up with my raspberry pi so I didn't bother hacking it. I really just want to have both of these.

On 2017-07-21 at 11:55 PM, Tourettes2400 said:

Sold out in a day.

For Canadians looking to pre-order, best bet is to follow RZ Gamers Club (Best Buy portal)  on twitter:

https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

18 minutes ago, downzy said:

Sold out in a day.

For Canadians looking to pre-order, best bet is to follow RZ Gamers Club (Best Buy portal)  on twitter:

https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

It was actually only up 30-60 minutes. I completed my preorder and came here to tell everyone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 2:21 AM, action said:

...and you should.

Nes sold out in seconds when pre orders went live :blink:

I pre-ordered 2 from Walmart when they went live and then the pieces of shit cancelled everybody's orders. I fucking hate Walmart. Oh well, I will hopefully score one or two, if not I have a raspberry pi. I only want one of these for the nostalgia anyway.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 0:20 PM, downzy said:

And just like that, pre-orders open in Canada and sold out in ten minutes.  Missed my window :(

Walmart cancelled everyone's original pre-orders a few weeks after it went live. Then, I missed all the other pre-orders on Tuesday. I kept refreshing al the links on my phone at work and for a brief second Target allowed a few more pre-orders and I got one. Hopefully, Target won't cancel it. I can't take another cancellation, even though I have a raspberry pi with a lot of the same games on it. I still want one of these for the nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Walmart cancelled everyone's original pre-orders a few weeks after it went live. Then, I missed all the other pre-orders on Tuesday. I kept refreshing al the links on my phone at work and for a brief second Target allowed a few more pre-orders and I got one. Hopefully, Target won't cancel it. I can't take another cancellation, even though I have a raspberry pi with a lot of the same games on it. I still want one of these for the nostalgia. 

I think the pre-orders back in July weren't authorized by Nintendo, hence why they were canceled.  These pre-orders were authorized as Nintendo hinted earlier this month that it would be late August when pre-orders would begin.  So I wouldn't worry about having your new pre-order canceled.  

What's annoying is that I setup Twitter notifications to let me know when pre-orders were going to happen and I didn't have my phone on me when those notifications went out.  I discovered ten minutes after the pre-orders went live and by then they were all gone.  

I'll say it again, if I end up not being able to get one of these at retail prices I'm done with Nintendo.  A company shouldn't make it this difficult to buy one of their products.  I have only slight interested in any new Nintendo game.  I only really want to play some of the games I grew up with as a kid and teenager.  Sure, I could get a Raspberry pi, but the fact that Nintendo makes that avenue the only tangible way for fans like me to relive their gaming youth is absurd.  Plus, I loved Star Fox on SNES and would love to play the sequel, something you can't get (as of now) on Raspberry Pi.

I knew no one would be able to buy it, that's why I wasn't excited for this thing in the least- there's absolutely no point in giving a shit in my opinion. It's more worth someone who's interested in the idea to emulate the games on a computer or just download the SNES titles off the Wii or Wii U e-shop than suffer at the mercy of the scalpers. 

I'm not interested in the product at all, however, but that's just because I'm a diehard collector who disagrees with digital and thinks the mini consoles are just glorified emulation devices. But I digress.

16 hours ago, downzy said:

I'll say it again, if I end up not being able to get one of these at retail prices I'm done with Nintendo.  A company shouldn't make it this difficult to buy one of their products.  I have only slight interested in any new Nintendo game.  I only really want to play some of the games I grew up with as a kid and teenager.  Sure, I could get a Raspberry pi, but the fact that Nintendo makes that avenue the only tangible way for fans like me to relive their gaming youth is absurd.  Plus, I loved Star Fox on SNES and would love to play the sequel, something you can't get (as of now) on Raspberry Pi.

It's getting extremely ridiculous. Nintendo has some of the worst company practices in terms of product distribution I've ever seen in the industry. They've been doing this BS since the 80's with NES games and accessories. Artificial inflation is such a stupid movie on their part that alienates the majority of the fanbase, but that fanbase also can do literally nothing since there's always going to be a market for it and the scalpers own control of it. And they know it. Nintendo can do their PR talk all they want but they're awful to the real fans. Their games are masterpieces and they've innovated the industry for sure, but as an actual company they are deplorable.