Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread *NO Spoilers*

Only realised today I don't have sky Atlanta, so I am going to have to sescribe to Now tv to watch it, so basically I'm going to have to avoid all social media so I don't spoil it for myself until I get it sorted. 

A girl is not ready!

Edited by Archtop

It was okay, we got some good Arya stuff and we got some good Sandor stuff. Other than that it was half the shit from the trailers, and nothing really new.

Excited for the next episode, where it looks like we'll be getting a naval battle

I thought the premier sucked except for the opening scene. Here are some of my issues.

1. Dragonstone being left unlocked. Stannis leaves his castle and since Dragonstone was in such a good neighborhood he leaves it open. Where does he think he is? Toronto?

2. Sam having to break into the restricted section of the library to find out what Stannis already told him in Season 5. "Oh I gotta write to Jon!" he could have told him straight up "Hey Jon, Stannis just told me he's got a shitload of the DRAGONglass at DRAGONstone!" 

3. And what the fuck, Sansa doesn't know she is being played by Littlefinger? Not after the shit that happened with Ramsay? 

Anyway, looking forward to next week.

2 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I thought the premier sucked except for the opening scene. Here are some of my issues.

Anyway, looking forward to next week.

Dude... use the spoiler tag.

Edited by Kris_1989

1 minute ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Where's the logic of that? The episode is out. There's spoilers for future episodes though. Won't say what those are. 

I think if the episode premiered it doesn't count. 

True. But there are a couple people in this thread that haven't watched yet. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to use the spoiler tag. If they open that then that's on them.:shrugs:

I see both sides of the issue on whether to require spoilers on episodes that have already aired.  

I myself don't get a chance to watch it until Monday and I would imagine that many others are in the same boat.  

Let's make it a rule that the spoiler tags are required for 24 hours after the episode aired.  

This means that until Monday, 9:00pm EST, spoiler tags are required for discussing plot points for any new episode that ran the previous night.  

We can figure out a better system if this doesn't work.  Perhaps we should resort to dual threads.  But for now, let's give this a try.

• Like 1

Agreed that the momentum was kind of killed during this episode.  This better be the only place setter episode if the season is going to be a few episodes shorter.  They need to get the ball rolling.

The Arya scene to kick off the episode was fun.  Kind of surprised she's heading to King's Landing.  You'd think she would have received word that her siblings are at Winterfell and want to rejoin them (unless she still holds a grudge against Sansa).  

Anyway, I'm expecting a little more progression for the rest of the season.

OK, I watched it phew, Arya was the best, so we are allowed to discuss, I'll will put comments in hide for those who maybe havn't watched. For anybody who is interested I can watch on Now t.v. 14 day free trial, once it finished I will delete and my husband takes on the trial with his e-mail, the last two episodes we have a discount voucher for 1 month Now t.v all in all I should be able to watch all seven episodes for £3.00.

Spoiler

@Georgy Zhukov I agree Dany walking right into Dragonstone, unguarded all seemed a little too easy and highly unlikely bit of a dampener on her arrival in Westeros.

Arya"Tell them the North remembers and winter came for house Fray," has to be the best part of the whole episode, but the meeting with Ed Sheeran all seemed a little awkward as a plot mover.

I was also a little disappointed in the Jamie, Cersi exchange, no fireworks, Jamie killed the mad King befor he could do exactly what she did, has it just not sunk in yet? Why wasn't he berating her.

On 18 July 2017 at 3:26 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Hide contents

Jorah.

I agree it is most likly Jorah. So he is also in Westeros

I think Sansa will be at loggerheads with Jon for most of the series, a bit of power play between them. I also think she is all too aware of little fingers intentions, and will bide her time until she works out how best to play him at his own game, as she said she learnt a lot from Cersi.

@downzy It was all a bit slow, and underwhelming, what was with long arsed Samwell Turly pot washing, potty scrubbing moment? It really is going to have to pick up pace to come to conclusion in what 13 more episodes.

Anyway all in all good stuff, looking forward to the next one.

• Like 1

I wonder when winter is going to arrive in the show, is it ever going to snow in the south/King's Landing or is that a step too far for the budget?

One of my favorite show plot holes is when Stannis (when the show still semi-followed the books) in season 5 says if we don't march south soon, we'll winter at the wall.

Edited by AtariLegend

I am disappointed Jamie

Spoiler

is all cool and relaxed with Cersei. I thought he would see the light upon finding their baby boy dead.

Arya... damn, yes.

I didn't even remember that

Spoiler

Stannis said there was a shitload of Dragonglass at Dragonstone. Hahahaha. That was dumb, for Sam to have to break into the restricted section of the library to remember that. And Dragonstone being unguarded... maybe word got out Stannis was killed and whoever he left behind just ran for their lives? Or maybe he needed the numbers and took everyone. Really, fuck Dragonstone when you think you are the chosen one to sit on the Iron throne... it will  ALL be yours. Right? 

OH! And

Spoiler

What do you thin is Euron's gift to Cersei? Tyrion's head? Or ... I don't know if I'm allowed to say the other option as it will be a spoiler from the books.

Edited by Deb Rose
More to say

49 minutes ago, Deb Rose said:
  Hide contents

What do you thin is Euron's gift to Cersei? Tyrion's head? Or ... I don't know if I'm allowed to say the other option as it will be a spoiler from the books.

My guess is

Spoiler

Tyrion but then again I haven't read the books.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy2004
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I hope the queen of the dragons fails and dies, she's annoying and smug

No, I love her utter confidence in herself and what she believes belongs to her. She is a badass, as are most of the women in this series. gotta love that!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, Deb Rose said:

Hide contents

Stannis said there was a shitload of Dragonglass at Dragonstone. Hahahaha. That was dumb, for Sam to have to break into the restricted section of the library to remember that. And Dragonstone being unguarded... maybe word got out Stannis was killed and whoever he left behind just ran for their lives? Or maybe he needed the numbers and took everyone. Really, fuck Dragonstone when you think you are the chosen one to sit on the Iron throne... it will  ALL be yours. Right? 

Spoiler

It's obviously just an excuse to get Jon to meet Danny. 

On 7/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, Deb Rose said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

It's definitely not what Euron sends Victarion to fetch at the end of the books. 

I want to say one really important thing....

Dragonstone is on the bay of King's Landing. Forget the ridiculous show logic of it being empty and accept show watchers don't remember season 2 and the battle of black water. 

dragonstone.png

...But Euron just sailed a thousand fucking ships past it to get to King's Landing moments before in the same episode. This is almost worse logic than Ramsay's 20 good men.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2