Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread *NO Spoilers*

22 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

No, I love her utter confidence in herself and what she believes belongs to her. She is a badass, as are most of the women in this series. gotta love that!

I think she will be the show's main villain by next season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:
  Hide contents

It's obviously just an excuse to get Jon to meet Danny. 

Hide contents

It's definitely not what Euron sends Victarion to fetch at the end of the books. 

I want to say one really important thing....

Dragonstone is on the bay of King's Landing. Forget the ridiculous show logic of it being empty and accept show watchers don't remember season 2 and the battle of black water. 

dragonstone.png

...But Euron just sailed a thousand fucking ships past it to get to King's Landing moments before in the same episode. This is almost worse logic than Ramsay's 20 good men.

What about the fact Euron builds a huge fleet in just a few short weeks? Didn't realize the Iron Islands had an abundance of timber.

23 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I think she will be the show's main villain by next season. 

I really hope they don't do that. Although I can see how that could be possible with her, she seems to lose a little bit of her humanity each time she gets closer to her goal..she needs Mormont to keep her grounded I think.

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I really hope they don't do that. Although I can see how that could be possible with her, she seems to lose a little bit of her humanity each time she gets closer to her goal..she needs Mormont to keep her grounded I think.

The books, which the show is well past in storyline pretty much shows Dany becoming more like her father. The Mad King.

Keep in mind, the show has gone in a completely different direction. Unless GRRM changes his mind, they will have the same ending, the same left alive. The roads to that ending are different.

For example, I highly doubt Stannis ordered Shireen to be burned, considering in the book, Shireen, Mel and the Queen stayed at The Wall when Stannis marched off to Winterfell. It made little sense for them all to go. Stannis trusted Jon Snow to protect them. Davos was in White Harbor, hundreds of miles to the south. I actually think Shireen was burned at the Wall by Mel and the Queen's Men which unintentionally awakened Jon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

The books, which the show is well past in storyline pretty much shows Dany becoming more like her father. The Mad King.

Keep in mind, the show has gone in a completely different direction. Unless GRRM changes his mind, they will have the same ending, the same left alive. The roads to that ending are different.

For example, I highly doubt Stannis ordered Shireen to be burned, considering in the book, Shireen, Mel and the Queen stayed at The Wall when Stannis marched off to Winterfell. It made little sense for them all to go. Stannis trusted Jon Snow to protect them. Davos was in White Harbor, hundreds of miles to the south. I actually think Shireen was burned at the Wall by Mel and the Queen's Men which unintentionally awakened Jon. 

I haven't read the books, but from what you describe, things seem quite different..perhaps they won't stick to the ending in the books either..or, if that's too drastic, keep the same ones alive but not necessarily follow the same arc with their characters and storylines..bringing me of course back to Dany who I don't want to be corrupted!

They like Dany so they will keep her in the positive light for as long as possible. They hated Stannis since the beginning and made him dull and borderline autistic. Even the actor who played him was told he wasn't given much to do. 

It would be a shocking twist if Dany turned into the bad guy. It is totally something they would do. The showrunners love a cheap twist. 

On 21/7/2017 at 10:00 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I hope the queen of the dragons fails and dies, she's annoying and smug. You know what would be cool? If a warg took control of her big dragon one day and was like "Fuck you bitch." And ate her lol.

Drakarys:anger:

She is the Mother of Dragons, if you're going to insult her do it properly. 

Traitors...traitors everywhere. :no:

Since D/D don't do subtlety (see waiting 5 years to drop every hint about who Jon's parents are into 1 episode, instead of just giving clues like the books once in a while), they've already told people how the show is ending;

Spoiler

See House of Undying in season 2.

Anyway season 8 filming starts in a few months, people are going to be able to tell what the big final battle involves. Leaks are probably going to be every where, that's before they have several hundred extras/staff there.

8 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

They like Dany so they will keep her in the positive light for as long as possible. They hated Stannis since the beginning and made him dull and borderline autistic. Even the actor who played him was told he wasn't given much to do. 

Ever seen a Stephen Dillane interview? The guy seems just like the person he was playing on screen in earlier seasons. He gave a rare interview a while back where he seemed to suggest he really didn't like the show.

Pretty sure his character in the book doesn't have a happy ending, but George did explicitly say that Stannis wasn't dead in the books. 

Edited by AtariLegend

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Since D/D don't do subtlety (see waiting 5 years to drop every hint about who Jon's parents are into 1 episode, instead of just giving clues like the books once in a while), they've already told people how the show is ending;

Hide contents

See House of Undying in season 2.

Anyway season 8 filming starts in a few months, people are going to be able to tell what the big final battle involves. Leaks are probably going to be every where, that's before they have several hundred extras/staff there.

Ever seen a Stephen Dillane interview? The guy seems just like the person he was playing on screen in earlier seasons. He gave a rare interview a while back where he seemed to suggest he really didn't like the show.

Pretty sure his character in the book doesn't have a happy ending, but George did explicitly say that Stannis wasn't dead in the books. 

I doubt Ramsay will send "20 good men." 

On 22/07/2017 at 10:00 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I think Arya is my favourite character. I like that she gets things done and is pretty cool. Her and Tyrion are the best.

I hope the queen of the dragons fails and dies, she's annoying and smug. You know what would be cool? If a warg took control of her big dragon one day and was like "Fuck you bitch." And ate her lol.

Yeah that "and he'll bend the knee" in regards to meeting Jon Snow rubbed me the wrong way, you'll fucking curtsy first ya cheeky cow!.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:
  Hide contents

I like that they didn't kill the most attractive Sand Snake.

Spoiler

You won't like what happens next.

Still think Dorne in the show should have happened off screen if they were going to go this route. It literally serves no purpose in the greater story past Oberyn's death in the show, other than filling time with the dirt worst writing.

It seems like you can apply that to Littlefinger in the show too past killing Lysa. Surely show watchers have picked up that he's been a completely different character for the past few seasons.

Edited by AtariLegend

6 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah that "and he'll bend the knee" in regards to meeting Jon Snow rubbed me the wrong way, you'll fucking curtsy first ya cheeky cow!.

You do her dad was the Mad King right you don't think that shit doesn't run in the family.

1 hour ago, Deb Rose said:

Obviously :lol:

I fucking hope Salsa doesn't screw things up. 

We all know she will somehow. I can't really say I have much faith in her. Hell, there aren't many characters left I do have faith in when it comes to doing the right thing. :lol: Dany is going a little coocoo as well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You do her dad was the Mad King right you don't think that shit doesn't run in the family.

Well hopefully it's just a little lack of knowledge of the lay of the land and she doesn't go down the path of her father, though i feel that may be the case. I have a feeling Cersi will have a few surprises in store for her dragons as well and i think she'll possibly lose 1 or 2 of them, she's already just lost a chunk of her fleet so shit isn't going to be the cakewalk she thinks it will be.

Edited by Silverburst80

I am certain Dany will be the villain the next season. How's that for a shocker?

Read through this. Explains why Tyrion's invasion plan is really stupid.

https://alleiradayne.tumblr.com/post/163420855017/why-st-tyrions-invasion-plan-is-dumb

This show has the worse logic. I do not want these writers coming up with real life battle plans

• Like 1