Nosaj Thing

Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion Thread *NO Spoilers*

71 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I hope the queen of the dragons fails and dies, she's annoying and smug

No, I love her utter confidence in herself and what she believes belongs to her. She is a badass, as are most of the women in this series. gotta love that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, Deb Rose said:

 

  Hide contents

Stannis said there was a shitload of Dragonglass at Dragonstone. Hahahaha. That was dumb, for Sam to have to break into the restricted section of the library to remember that. And Dragonstone being unguarded... maybe word got out Stannis was killed and whoever he left behind just ran for their lives? Or maybe he needed the numbers and took everyone. Really, fuck Dragonstone when you think you are the chosen one to sit on the Iron throne... it will  ALL be yours. Right? 

Spoiler

It's obviously just an excuse to get Jon to meet Danny. 

 

On 7/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, Deb Rose said:

 

  Hide contents

What do you thin is Euron's gift to Cersei? Tyrion's head? Or ... I don't know if I'm allowed to say the other option as it will be a spoiler from the books.

Spoiler

It's definitely not what Euron sends Victarion to fetch at the end of the books. 

I want to say one really important thing....

Dragonstone is on the bay of King's Landing. Forget the ridiculous show logic of it being empty and accept show watchers don't remember season 2 and the battle of black water. 

dragonstone.png

...But Euron just sailed a thousand fucking ships past it to get to King's Landing moments before in the same episode. This is almost worse logic than Ramsay's 20 good men.

Edited by AtariLegend
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

No, I love her utter confidence in herself and what she believes belongs to her. She is a badass, as are most of the women in this series. gotta love that!

She needs to get back to the cauldron where she belongs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

She needs to get back to the cauldron where she belongs!

I will cut you down :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm here honey, don't worry.:lol: 

*doesn't watch GoT:ph34r:

Jan, if you did you would be on my side for this one, don't believe him this time! :lol:

@Oldest Goat :angry:

:lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Jan, if you did you would be on my side for this one, don't believe him this time! :lol:

@Oldest Goat :angry:

:lol:

You're a liar! JAAN she's lying! @janrichmond

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're a liar! JAAN she's lying! @janrichmond

She has signed out, there's only me here now to deal with you.. Oh Ohhhhhhh

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

No, I love her utter confidence in herself and what she believes belongs to her. She is a badass, as are most of the women in this series. gotta love that!

 

I think she will be the show's main villain by next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AtariLegend said:
  Hide contents

It's obviously just an excuse to get Jon to meet Danny. 

 

  Hide contents

It's definitely not what Euron sends Victarion to fetch at the end of the books. 

I want to say one really important thing....

Dragonstone is on the bay of King's Landing. Forget the ridiculous show logic of it being empty and accept show watchers don't remember season 2 and the battle of black water. 

dragonstone.png

...But Euron just sailed a thousand fucking ships past it to get to King's Landing moments before in the same episode. This is almost worse logic than Ramsay's 20 good men.

What about the fact Euron builds a huge fleet in just a few short weeks? Didn't realize the Iron Islands had an abundance of timber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

 

I think she will be the show's main villain by next season. 

I really hope they don't do that. Although I can see how that could be possible with her, she seems to lose a little bit of her humanity each time she gets closer to her goal..she needs Mormont to keep her grounded I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I really hope they don't do that. Although I can see how that could be possible with her, she seems to lose a little bit of her humanity each time she gets closer to her goal..she needs Mormont to keep her grounded I think.

The books, which the show is well past in storyline pretty much shows Dany becoming more like her father. The Mad King.

 

Keep in mind, the show has gone in a completely different direction. Unless GRRM changes his mind, they will have the same ending, the same left alive. The roads to that ending are different.

 

For example, I highly doubt Stannis ordered Shireen to be burned, considering in the book, Shireen, Mel and the Queen stayed at The Wall when Stannis marched off to Winterfell. It made little sense for them all to go. Stannis trusted Jon Snow to protect them. Davos was in White Harbor, hundreds of miles to the south. I actually think Shireen was burned at the Wall by Mel and the Queen's Men which unintentionally awakened Jon. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

The books, which the show is well past in storyline pretty much shows Dany becoming more like her father. The Mad King.

 

Keep in mind, the show has gone in a completely different direction. Unless GRRM changes his mind, they will have the same ending, the same left alive. The roads to that ending are different.

 

For example, I highly doubt Stannis ordered Shireen to be burned, considering in the book, Shireen, Mel and the Queen stayed at The Wall when Stannis marched off to Winterfell. It made little sense for them all to go. Stannis trusted Jon Snow to protect them. Davos was in White Harbor, hundreds of miles to the south. I actually think Shireen was burned at the Wall by Mel and the Queen's Men which unintentionally awakened Jon. 

I haven't read the books, but from what you describe, things seem quite different..perhaps they won't stick to the ending in the books either..or, if that's too drastic, keep the same ones alive but not necessarily follow the same arc with their characters and storylines..bringing me of course back to Dany who I don't want to be corrupted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They like Dany so they will keep her in the positive light for as long as possible. They hated Stannis since the beginning and made him dull and borderline autistic. Even the actor who played him was told he wasn't given much to do. 

 

It would be a shocking twist if Dany turned into the bad guy. It is totally something they would do. The showrunners love a cheap twist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/7/2017 at 10:00 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I hope the queen of the dragons fails and dies, she's annoying and smug. You know what would be cool? If a warg took control of her big dragon one day and was like "Fuck you bitch." And ate her lol.

Drakarys:anger:

She is the Mother of Dragons, if you're going to insult her do it properly. 

Traitors...traitors everywhere. :no:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Drakarys:anger:

She is the Mother of Dragons, if you're going to insult her do it properly. 

Traitors...traitors everywhere. :no:

NERRRRRD!

:lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since D/D don't do subtlety (see waiting 5 years to drop every hint about who Jon's parents are into 1 episode, instead of just giving clues like the books once in a while), they've already told people how the show is ending;

Spoiler

See House of Undying in season 2.

Anyway season 8 filming starts in a few months, people are going to be able to tell what the big final battle involves. Leaks are probably going to be every where, that's before they have several hundred extras/staff there.

8 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

They like Dany so they will keep her in the positive light for as long as possible. They hated Stannis since the beginning and made him dull and borderline autistic. Even the actor who played him was told he wasn't given much to do. 

Ever seen a Stephen Dillane interview? The guy seems just like the person he was playing on screen in earlier seasons. He gave a rare interview a while back where he seemed to suggest he really didn't like the show.

Pretty sure his character in the book doesn't have a happy ending, but George did explicitly say that Stannis wasn't dead in the books. 

 

Edited by AtariLegend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Since D/D don't do subtlety (see waiting 5 years to drop every hint about who Jon's parents are into 1 episode, instead of just giving clues like the books once in a while), they've already told people how the show is ending;

  Hide contents

See House of Undying in season 2.

Anyway season 8 filming starts in a few months, people are going to be able to tell what the big final battle involves. Leaks are probably going to be every where, that's before they have several hundred extras/staff there.

Ever seen a Stephen Dillane interview? The guy seems just like the person he was playing on screen in earlier seasons. He gave a rare interview a while back where he seemed to suggest he really didn't like the show.

Pretty sure his character in the book doesn't have a happy ending, but George did explicitly say that Stannis wasn't dead in the books. 

 

 

I doubt Ramsay will send "20 good men." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG. GIVE ME MOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost threw up. Maybe I did. Just a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.