Best Nightrain Performance (2001-2014)

I don't know but these have been brought to my attention a few months ago from something someone posted on here.

Any version that included these monsters would've beaten any pre-reunion lineup performance. Even one were Axl was sounding like a chainsaw.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I'm sorry but how can that be your favorite nightrain from 01-14.... it's pretty bad honestly... most from 2012-2014 are better...

Those live performances had Bucket's leads, Brain's groove, a very tight rhythm section...

Boston 2002 and Rock Am Ring 2006 for me. Ron, Bucket, and Axl kill it those versions

I thibk the 2009-2014 were big down grades personally. Didnt like how DJ and Ron did the outro solo (versions with Izzy or Duff were cool just because though)

Edited by ZoSoRose

Rock Am Ring, Download festival, Boston 02, Tokyo 09 were all great. The last 2014 show (June 7) had a pretty good Nightrain, too. Instrumentally I'd say one of the 2002 shows takes it, but overall my vote goes to this one: (the solo kinda sucks but Axl cancels it out with his great vocals).

The best  Nightrain vocally is from one of the Australian/NZ shows in 2007. Axl sounds like a furious demon in the one I'm thinking of, sadly it's very hard to find it. This one's sorta close but the one I'm talking about is even better... 2007 was a very good year for Axl

The one from NYC 2006 featuring Kid Rock and Izzy is pretty cool. Musically I really love Bucket's solo from 2002.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

I'm sorry but how can that be your favorite nightrain from 01-14.... it's pretty bad honestly... most from 2012-2014 are better...

Because Buckethead's interpretations of the solos were legendary. Bumblefoot's were really boring and below standard for his capability.

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

lol you nerd

My personal favorite:

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Because Buckethead's interpretations of the solos were legendary. Bumblefoot's were really boring and below standard for his capability.

The 2002 line-up had the potential to be a real competitor for Velvet Revolver. But the album wasn't released yet and the tour has ended in a really ugly way

Edited by Sosso