Who else misses Bumblefoot's intro for Don't Cry?

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

I really miss that intro. It was so melodic and tasteful. A hybrid version of the song with Bumble's intro and Slash's solo would be so cool.

Might be the only thing I liked of Bumble. He did a better version back in '06 for the Lisboa show imho. Think that was the first time nu guns played DC (as an instrumental).

43 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

People will hate me for saying it, but Bumblefoot elevated this song to levels that are debatably better than the old days. Beautiful intro.

Who gives a shit about bumblefoot. At the time im sure most people on this site liked the band and thought his intro was cool. As much as we all say we liked the other lineups this is what we all wanted. I know izzy would make it better but be happy with what we got and hope we get new music. And fuck steve adler anyone who thinks he should be part of this, just lisen to the i terviews he gives and the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth. Not a pro 

• Like 1

One thing I will add - it would be nice to see the band take some chances and play around with different variations of these songs. 

DC and the hits have been played to death. Could be a nice way to inject some new energy into them

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

One thing I will add - it would be nice to see the band take some chances and play around with different variations of these songs. 

DC and the hits have been played to death. Could be a nice way to inject some new energy into them

they did that with rocket queen and now everyone bitches haha

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I like the 2001/2002 versions from Rocket Queen. It was closer to the AfD version than the one from the current tour. 

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

I really miss that intro. It was so melodic and tasteful. A hybrid version of the song with Bumble's intro and Slash's solo would be so cool.

that's not really a "bumblefoot intro"

that's more bumblefoot playing pretty much the exact notes of the vocal melody plus the regular chords of the song plus whatever flourishes.

that's an old trick -- glad it worked out for you guys, doesnt work for me!

===

PS: i never really wasted my time listening to this DJ ashba dude, but he sounds like a true amateur here, like so many of you guys pointed on so many threads. wtf... was axl trying to save some money when he hired this guy?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

that's more bumblefoot playing pretty much the exact notes of the vocal melody plus the regular chords of the song plus whatever flourishes.

===

PS: i never really wasted my time listening to this DJ ashba dude, but he sounds like a true amateur here, like so many of you guys pointed on so many threads. wtf... was axl trying to save some money when he hired this guy?

1:28:39

Credit where it's due, that sounds pretty good to me. I wouldn't mind hearing Slash do something like this at one of these NITL shows.

3 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

they did that with rocket queen and now everyone bitches haha

Nah, they just added a huge boring guitar solo in Rocket queen. Bumble made a great chord melody version of Don't cry and Axl dueted with him... that was great. Only criticism of that version was that the drums should have come in properly for the solo and stayed strong for the remainder, none of that subtle rim shot business... also, DJ should have been kept away from it.

Edited by Tom2112

3 hours ago, RONIN said:

1:28:39

Credit where it's due, that sounds pretty good to me. I wouldn't mind hearing Slash do something like this at one of these NITL shows.

beautiful indeed

like i said, he is playing the vocal melody along with the chords and adding some flourishes

there is nothing created by bumblefoot on this intro

he just had the good taste to pick one great song and playing its chords plus vocal melody on guitar in a nice and pleasing and beautiful way

thats why i said this is not really an intro

thats immenselly better than butchering the songs like frank the drummer and richard the guitar player do on a daily basis

but still a cheap trick if you ask me

Slash would elevate nearly any band on the planet, yet i do not want him in any of those.

sometimes, what's "the best" player for a band doesnt always equal the "most loved". if you're a fan of the appetite 5, you'll want these 5 and no one else, even if they would be jimi hendrix or john bonham. if you're a fan of nuguns, you'll like characters like bucketfootwhatshisface. it's all ok.

• Like 1

I don't miss him

I don't know why but i hate when he teased "Don't Cry" on a GN'R Concert!!! What the fuck ?!? Why? Worst moment ever. Why don't he played the full song? Stupid idea ever!

51 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I don't miss him

I don't know why but i hate when he teased "Don't Cry" on a GN'R Concert!!! What the fuck ?!? Why? Worst moment ever. Why don't he played the full song? Stupid idea ever!

Because it was his solo spot. He refused to play his own songs in the beginning. That's why he played Don't Cry. To play GN'R songs at a GN'R concert.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Because it was his solo spot. He refused to play his own songs in the beginning. That's why he played Don't Cry. To play GN'R songs at a GN'R concert.

Iirc, the story was that Axl didn't want to sing the song for some reason so Bumblefoot decided to play it as a solo. Then one day (Chiba, Japan 2007 I think) Axl came out and started singing it with him and it it was the first time Axl sang that song since the 90's. It was super emotional... TT_TT

Bumblefoot's solo is probably my favorite interpretation of the song.

Also, who else remembers this? I gained so much respect for him after this cuz that was a really hostile crowd.

Edited by KiraMPD
caught up reminiscing...

8 hours ago, KiraMPD said:

Iirc, the story was that Axl didn't want to sing the song for some reason so Bumblefoot decided to play it as a solo. Then one day (Chiba, Japan 2007 I think) Axl came out and started singing it with him and it it was the first time Axl sang that song since the 90's. It was super emotional... TT_TT

Bumblefoot's solo is probably my favorite interpretation of the song.

Also, who else remembers this? I gained so much respect for him after this cuz that was a really hostile crowd.

Great rendition, massive respect for what he did at donnington. He had the most respect for the fans of anyone to be in the band

• Like 1

BBFs arrangement on this song is the best thing that has happened to the song. i love his phrasing, its so emotional. really goes to the root of the song. i think he should release his guitar rendition, its def worth listening, either if you re a guitar player or just really love the melody in it. amazing artist i gotta say.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ludurigan said:

===

yrwss.jpg