My top 5 bands of all time

LikeADog93

On 7/18/2017 at 1:00 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

1. GnR

2. The Clash

3. The Stone Roses

4. Nirvana

5. The White Stripes

wow great list except i have never heard of The Stones! have to check them out :)

mine have to be :

1. GN'R

2. The Beatles

3. AC/DC

4. Aerosmith ( the early years )

5. Led Zepplin

and a million more! :headbang: ( special shout out to The White Stripes..heck anything Jack White does *swoon*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

wow great list except i have never heard of The Stones! have to check them out :)

Won't take you long to check out the Roses, they only did two albums, both quality though. Seminal Manchester band who had a massive influence on a whole generation in England. No Stone Roses, no Oasis, that kind of thing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, I read they wanted Slash for the Reading show that turned out to be a bit of a shocker for them :lol:

I've read a few different things about it over the years, including an Ian Brown interview where he was asked about. I think Doug Goldstein was involved in trying to make it happen, apparently it came about because they wanted to piss Squire off after he left. :lol: I'm not sure whether it would have been dreadful or amazing but it would've been interesting to say the least!

That Reading performance. :facepalm:

I've read online recently that they may have split again... for fucks sake! :(

Edited by bucketfoot

32 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I've read a few different things about it over the years, including an Ian Brown interview where he was asked about. I think Doug Goldstein was involved in trying to make it happen, apparently it came about because they wanted to piss Squire off after he left. :lol: I'm not sure whether it would have been dreadful or amazing but it would've been interesting to say the least!

That Reading performance. :facepalm:

I've read online recently that the may have split again... for fucks sake! :(

Yeah, I saw Ian Brown told the crowd In Glasgow not to be sad it's over, or something like that :( I didn't see them this time because I chose GnR over them. They didn't get a good reception to that single they put out did they, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? 

I remember Slash talking about the rumours saying he had heard of them but never met with them. I can imagine him adding a ten minute noodling session in the middle of Waterfall, that'd go down well :lol:

18 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I saw Ian Brown told the crowd In Glasgow not to be sad it's over, or something like that :( I didn't see them this time because I chose GnR over them. They didn't get a good reception to that single they put out did they, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? 

I remember Slash talking about the rumours saying he had heard of them but never met with them. I can imagine him adding a ten minute noodling session in the middle of Waterfall, that'd go down well :lol:

Haha! Yeah, he would've been good on the Second Coming tracks, maybe not the 1st album. :lol: I would certainly love to see him play Love Spreads or Driving South, though.

It's a similar thing to GN'R with new material, they set the bar so high early on (especially the 1st record), anything they put out now is going to be seen as not good enough by a lot of people. I remember the press couldn't wait to give them a kicking over Second Coming when that finally came out, I loved it.

Knowing the Roses, that split rumour could just be an elaborate wind up and they release an album in the next few days/weeks. *crosses fingers* :lol:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

In no order and going by personal preference alone:

Rolling Stones

Beatles

Pink Floyd

Guns n' Roses

Heideroosjes

Honorable Mentions: AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Crowes, Oasis, Flogging Molly, Queen, Eagles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Stills & Nash (& Young), Crowded House, Golden Earring, Ten Years After, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Nirvana, Dire Straits

• 7 months later...

Fuck knows but I'll have a crack

The Stooges

The Sex Pistols

The Clash

The Beatles

The Stones

The Who

The Kinks

The Slits

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

The Germs

T Rex

X Ray Spex

Cream

Elvis, Fontana, Moore, Black (fuck off, its a band)

Happy Mondays

The Stone Roses

James Browns two big line ups from the fuckin' early lot with Maceo and them and the Bootsy era

The Heartbreakers (Johnny Thunders I mean, not Tom Petty)

New York Dolls

The Ramones

Sleaford Mods

The Adverts

Nirvana

Dead Kennedys

Bad Brains

Minor Threat

There, that'll do, thats 5

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

On 20/07/2017 at 2:16 PM, bucketfoot said:

Haha! Yeah, he would've been good on the Second Coming tracks, maybe not the 1st album. :lol: I would certainly love to see him play Love Spreads or Driving South, though.

It's a similar thing to GN'R with new material, they set the bar so high early on (especially the 1st record), anything they put out now is going to be seen as not good enough by a lot of people. I remember the press couldn't wait to give them a kicking over Second Coming when that finally came out, I loved it.

Knowing the Roses, that split rumour could just be an elaborate wind up and they release an album in the next few days/weeks. *crosses fingers* :lol:

Slash would've been fuckin' terrible in The Roses, cranked up to fuck, drowning up every fuckin' thing else, Squire was a fuckin' wizard but he didn't act like Charlie Big Bollocks the fuckin' guitar hero, some of their best songs are testament to Squire realising that drums and bass actually make a fuckin' sound as well and they ain't just some kinda fuckin' elaborate metronome.  Not that I don't like Slash, he's great for what he does but he'd've been terrible in the fuckin' Roses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Slash would've been fuckin' terrible in The Roses, cranked up to fuck, drowning up every fuckin' thing else, Squire was a fuckin' wizard but he didn't act like Charlie Big Bollocks the fuckin' guitar hero, some of their best songs are testament to Squire realising that drums and bass actually make a fuckin' sound as well and they ain't just some kinda fuckin' elaborate metronome.  Not that I don't like Slash, he's great for what he does but he'd've been terrible in the fuckin' Roses.

Yeah, I agree. It would've been a fucking bizarre choice and funny as fuck! Also, from a visual aspect, there's Ian, Mani.... and fucking Slash! :lol: In his leather kecks! :lol: Ridiculous. Remember the Moon thread when we were talking about best drummers? Reni deserved a mention as well.

Love these.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There, that'll do, thats 5

:lol: 5 hundred?

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Sleaford Mods do not mince their words do they :lol:

They describe Nottingham so well. 

I just love em.  Not heard anything so unique since...well, I dunno actually!  About time there was something around that sound vaguely contemporary and was actually talking about something thats something to do with whats goin' on today instead of harking back to the past like a sad old fuckin' git.

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Yeah, I agree. It would've been a fucking bizarre choice and funny as fuck! Also, from a visual aspect, there's Ian, Mani, Reni.... and fucking Slash! :lol: In his leather kecks! :lol: Ridiculous. Remember the Moon thread when we were talking about best drummers? Reni deserved a mention as well.

Love these.

:lol: 5 hundred?

Reni was fuckin' class man, backs up the old addage of 'you're only as good as your drummer', the funkiest whiteboys in town.