Which type of baby is Gracii having?

Gracii Guns

Which type of baby is Gracii having?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of baby is Gracii having?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8-7-2017 at 8:49 PM, Gracii Guns said:

I'm bored. 

Just for fun. My 20-week scan is in a few weeks, on 2nd August. Place your bets on the sex, and I'm happy to take name suggestions (though they will likely all be vetoed by my husband). 

I'm behind on the news I see, congratulations! ^_^ It's at least as magical as people say and 8 times as exhausting! Trust me. ;) But easily worth it. 

Also, you're having a girl. Definitely. Which is a good thing too, because they're awesome and don't pee on you a lot. 

I'll think about the name. 

Also, and this is a little besides the point, there are 2 genders. Two. II. No more. 

1 minute ago, username said:

I'm behind on the news I see, congratulations! ^_^ It's at least as magical as people say and 8 times as exhausting! Trust me. ;) But easily worth it. 

Also, you're having a girl. Definitely. Which is a good thing too, because they're awesome and don't pee on you a lot. 

I'll think about the name. 

Thank you! Still trying to wrap my head around how I can keep my business going with having a baby. It will probably be a case of pure determination to make it work.

Thanks for telling me I'm having a girl. I also suspect it is… as my family have a habit of producing girls. Boys only come along as kid number 3 at the earliest. But we have a name picked for a boy, and I'm really not sure about a girls name yet. 

We had a 14 week scan, at 14 weeks you can sometimes tell what's going on between the legs. They had a look for us, but there was nothing there… so my husband is now convinced it's a girl because there wasn't a penis. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

Thank you! Still trying to wrap my head around how I can keep my business going with having a baby. It will probably be a case of pure determination to make it work.

Thanks for telling me I'm having a girl. I also suspect it is… as my family have a habit of producing girls. Boys only come along as kid number 3 at the earliest. But we have a name picked for a boy, and I'm really not sure about a girls name yet. 

We had a 14 week scan, at 14 weeks you can sometimes tell what's going on between the legs. They had a look for us, but there was nothing there… so my husband is now convinced it's a girl because there wasn't a penis. :facepalm:

Hahaha! Just tell him "It's yours, of course there isn't anything to see down there!". :P 

I remember when we got the first few pictures and I could barely make out anything. ;) When we had an extra scan at 16 weeks or so (just for fun, best 50 euro's ever spent, we got loads of pictures and a short video and everything) they pointed at some white dots and said that those were very clearly labia so it's a girl. They could've told me those dots were the loch ness monster boarding a UFO really. :lol: 

We have this cliche little card that we got from a friend that said "A birth is the only blind date where you're absolutely sure you'll meet the love of your life". I thought it was cheesy as fuck, but from experience it's also very true. So honestly it won't really matter if it's a boy or a girl. 

We also took ages to settle on the name. Just go with what feels right though. Shit advice, but still. ;) 

How have you been doing so far? Feeling alright and everything? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, username said:

Hahaha! Just tell him "It's yours, of course there isn't anything to see down there!". :P 

I remember when we got the first few pictures and I could barely make out anything. ;) When we had an extra scan at 16 weeks or so (just for fun, best 50 euro's ever spent, we got loads of pictures and a short video and everything) they pointed at some white dots and said that those were very clearly labia so it's a girl. They could've told me those dots were the loch ness monster boarding a UFO really. :lol: 

We have this cliche little card that we got from a friend that said "A birth is the only blind date where you're absolutely sure you'll meet the love of your life". I thought it was cheesy as fuck, but from experience it's also very true. So honestly it won't really matter if it's a boy or a girl. 

We also took ages to settle on the name. Just go with what feels right though. Shit advice, but still. ;) 

How have you been doing so far? Feeling alright and everything? 

Haha, you're funny!

I'm mostly ok thanks. Have had morning sickness about once a week, and sometimes I get crippling headaches. But other women have it worse. Not showing yet.

What was it like telling your parents? I'm scared to death of telling my dad. I know I'm 28, married, employed etc. so am in good circumstances, but every time I see my dad he rants about how my generation are doomed because we can't afford to buy a house! It will be his first grandchild, so a bit of a surprise there too.

7 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

What was it like telling your parents? I'm scared to death of telling my dad. I know I'm 28, married, employed etc. so am in good circumstances, but every time I see my dad he rants about how my generation are doomed because we can't afford to buy a house! It will be his first grandchild, so a bit of a surprise there too.

We invited them over for lunch and just told them. My dad is a silent type really, but he was smiling ear to ear and my mum was crying. So yeah, they were pretty darn happy. They're now babysitting every Friday and they love it. I'm their only child, so this was pretty much their only option to be grandparents. :P My girlfriend's parents were happy too. Really, though you're pretty stable and married. How could they not be happy with it? :) I wouldn't worry! They have all the grandparenting to look forward to. Which is pretty much all the fun stuff and none of the tricky bits. :P 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

We kept it secret until Mother's Day and when my parents came round we gave Mother a card to "To the best Grandma". That pretty much did it. :lol:

• Like 3

I voted for a girl only because there are more girl babies born than boys.

But I wish you so much joy with your new baby, no matter if it is a boy or a girl.  This baby is going to change your world for the better!:heart:

My favorite name right now is Haven.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
Added a name
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 1:10 AM, Gracii Guns said:

a traditional girl's name? my bff's parents were both from London and her mum named her daughters Susan and Tracy. not sure how traditional they are but it was funny, she'd get so mad at something one of them would do she'd be all Su...Tray...damn it whichever one of you did this come here! :D

On 7/9/2017 at 6:09 AM, AxlisOld said:

Just name it something normal. No Bryden or Aiden or any stupid crap to show your friends how unique you are.

Someone who I encountered in work called their kid (I swear this is true).......Coolio ?

Ive also met a Billy Christmas and Barbara Beaver but those are awesome names.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, purplestargirl said:

That's a great response. :D

Congratulations on your baby, Gracii!

On 7/10/2017 at 0:36 AM, Gracii Guns said:

@Len Cnut Thanks for your sensible name suggestions. We are leaning towards something quite trad, so none of your suggestions we wouldn't dismiss… apart from I have. (I had a dozen Irish names, complete with Irish spellings and my husband binned them all :max:

As have I. That's why I had a hamster named George. 

It's my brother's name, shockingly enough. 

Yeah… if I wanted to bring up some crims. 

what irish names did you have in mind? i like Ciara and Siobhan myself :)

and of course no need to say healthy is what really matters...

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

what irish names did you have in mind? i like Ciara and Siobhan myself :)

and of course no need to say healthy is what really matters...

Aoife, Caoimhe, Dougal, Eilish, Elva, Erin, Evelyn, Fallon, Finbar, Fiona, Isla, Kiernan*, Orla, Quinn, Sean, Shauna, Sian.

Neither of us like them enough though, so they've all been chopped. There is a lot to be said for having a name you don't need to spell out to everyone. 

Spoiler

For the few of you who know my surname, there's a cheap laugh there for you. 

26 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Aoife, Caoimhe, Dougal, Eilish, Elva, Erin, Evelyn, Fallon, Finbar, Fiona, Isla, Kiernan*, Orla, Quinn, Sean, Shauna, Sian.

Neither of us like them enough though, so they've all been chopped. There is a lot to be said for having a name you don't need to spell out to everyone. 

Hide contents

For the few of you who know my surname, there's a cheap laugh there for you. 

all i know is Kiernan is the male version of Ciara and i know what that means...it that the laugh? :P

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

No. :shrugs:

And in this case we'd be using Kiernan as a girls name. Like the actress Kiernan Shipka.

now i am curious... i have to look up what Kiernan means :P you could go with names that mean virtue, that would be cool if you first name is really Grace. Faith, Virtue, Charity, etc and of course my favorite...Patience! but a lot of times the parents take a look at the baby and say she is so not a such and such and the right name just comes to them :) 

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

now i am curious... i have to look up what Kiernan means :P you could go with names that mean virtue, that would be cool if you first name is really Grace. Faith, Virtue, Charity, etc and of course my favorite...Patience! but a lot of times the parents take a look at the baby and say she is so not a such and such and the right name just comes to them :) 

The joke has nothing to do with Kiernan's meaning. It rhymes with my surname, ok?! 

Virtue names suck. Firstly because I'm a clumsy woman, and people have no problems with telling me how my name doesn't suit me – like I can do anything about it! 

Secondly only women ever have virtue names in the UK. It's a lot of pressure placed on only women.

I tell a lie… someone I know, his middle name is Christian. His parents are staunch atheists. In his 20s he found God. His folks aren't too crazy about it! 

On 7/10/2017 at 7:59 AM, Len Cnut said:

Ronnie and Reggie are cool sounding names

?? Only you could suggest that when thinking of baby names.

"Nice little nursery your running here. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it. Give us two rusks a week and we'll see that your looked after" 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

?? Only you could suggest that when thinking of baby names.

"Nice little nursery your running here. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it. Give us two rusks a week and we'll see that your looked after" 

Its a shame they have that association cuz they're lovely sounding names for boys, very blokey and traditional.

5 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I tell a lie… someone I know, his middle name is Christian. His parents are staunch atheists. In his 20s he found God. His folks aren't too crazy about it! 

:lol:

I actually really like the name Grace, shame you got in there first, as someone seems to have done with every name that I've suggested for you.  McLeod got in a belter with Evangeline.