Which type of baby is Gracii having?

Gracii Guns

Which type of baby is Gracii having?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of baby is Gracii having?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Go Welsh. For boys you could have Rhys, Dewi, Geraint, Gethin, Lloyd, Glynn or Owen.

Girls. Bronwyn, Megan, Caitlyn, Cerys or Mfannwy (yeah dont pick that last one ?)

I can barely pronounce Geraint. Geraint is the name of one of my clients… I'm so thankful that 99% of our communication is by email.
I do like all your girls suggestions, and Megan is definitely in the mix. 

Can't have anything with a strong vowel sound like Aiden or Eva, as the surname is very vowelly. I really liked Ada, after Lovelace, but it wouldn't work well. 

16 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I can barely pronounce Geraint. Geraint is the name of one of my clients… I'm so thankful that 99% of our communication is by email.
I do like all your girls suggestions, and Megan is definitely in the mix. 

Can't have anything with a strong vowel sound like Aiden or Eva, as the surname is very vowelly. I really liked Ada, after Lovelace, but it wouldn't work well. 

Its Gur-ain't...as in thats how its pronounced.  

Another name I heard in the 'hood today is Parker. 

I know in the States, profession names are in vogue, but they have little meaning nor relevance in 2017. Parker- what's he parking at 6 years old? Mason, Hunter…etc. I feel older every day! 

I also cant have Peter as I misheard it at pizza today and got all exctied :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gracii Guns said:

Another name I heard in the 'hood today is Parker. 

I know in the States, profession names are in vogue, but they have little meaning nor relevance in 2017. Parker- what's he parking at 6 years old? Mason, Hunter…etc. I feel older every day! 

I also cant have Peter as I misheard it at pizza today and got all exctied :lol:

You got it wrong. It's spelled "Parka" and it means "knobhead" in Mancunian. 

• Like 2

@Gracii Guns

There's a few names you should definitely rule out.

Charlotte/Fiona/Pauline are the names most likely to vote Tory. Jill/Nigel/Terry are the names most likely to vote for the BNP or other far right loony parties.

Also an E at the end of a name is most likely to create a Tory voter for example Anne is dramatically more likely to be a Tory than Ann. The only notable exception is Claire, which is the least likely name for a Tory.

It's all from a mass survey that was done a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

@Gracii Guns

There's a few names you should definitely rule out.

Charlotte/Fiona/Pauline are the names most likely to vote Tory. Jill/Nigel/Terry are the names most likely to vote for the BNP or other far right loony parties.

Also an E at the end of a name is most likely to create a Tory voter for example Anne is dramatically more likely to be a Tory than Ann. The only notable exception is Claire, which is the least likely name for a Tory.

It's all from a mass survey that was done a few years ago.

There's a certain generation to those names, isn't there? 
Thanks for the advice though, appreciated. :monkey:

So I told my dad today. 

"Hi Dad, you're going to be a grandad"
"Oh God! Oh hell!"

So that could have gone better. 

It was a lot for him to process, and to be fair my grandma is unwell and won't make it to Christmas. So he spent the first five minutes of that conversation deliberating whether to tell her. 
He decided to tell her, in case someone else told her accidentally. She is "very thrilled". Which is lovely to hear. And my Dad came round to the idea and agrees. 

So that's all the scary stuff dealt with until December's hospital visit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

L names are cool with girls, Lauren, Lola, Laila...i really like Lauren, dont ask me why.

Honestly, I have been fighting SO HARD to name a boy Leon, so we can call him Lenny. But it's one the husband has dismissed.

I quite like Lola, it's from Delores, which is one of the Spanish titles for the Virgin Mary. Another the husband doesn't like. It's quite glamourous. 

Just now, username said:

They? You're having twins? 

No, just one. We don't know the sex yet, so we're using the singular they (as is the trend among those who identify as nonbinary) until then. A bit nicer than "it".

Boy.

Go with William. The conqueror's name sounds very traditional and English. Shorten it to Liam and you have something Irish. It even has some Axl.

If it's a girl, Catherine (or Kate, Cathy) and Abigail (Gail, Abby) sound traditional.

Congratulations, Gracii. God Bless.

• Like 2