Your top 5 solo artists of all time

Sosso

I had Hendrix in the 'bands' as the Experience, as he did play in bands, the Experience (Mark I and II), Gypsy Sun and Rainbows and Band of Gypsys, but if I hadn't put him there I'd have had him on my solo artist list. I suppose he can go on either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I had Hendrix in the 'bands' as the Experience, as he did play in bands, the Experience (Mark I and II), Gypsy Sun and Rainbows and Band of Gypsys, but if I hadn't put him there I'd have had him on my solo artist list. I suppose he can go on either.

I couldn't really decide which list to put him on. I honestly put him on my solo list to help me cheat a little bit on my bands list but he's fine on either  I guess.

I was sorta in the same boat with Iggy but I like his solo stuff just as good as the Stooges stuff. I split them and put one in each list.

On 7/9/2017 at 2:44 PM, Sosso said:

No specific order:

Buckethead

Tommy Stinson

Johnny Cash

Tupac Shakur

Amy Winehouse

stealing your bottom three (amy, tupac johnny ) plus john lennon ( solo but of course great with the beatles :P ) and adam lambert ( wish he'd do some solo rock but his voice is phenonmenal )

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

Was James Brown ever really a solo artist?  I mean technically speaking he was but all his key work was conducted with a couple/three solid bands.  

Elvis Presley

James Brown

Marvin Gaye

Little Richard

Iggy Pop

I could do with ten for each genre really.  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I know that he's getting pretty big over in the UK. I've known him for years - just hung out with him a few weeks ago! What's your favorite tune?

Sorry, i was thinkin' of Hank Ballard :lol:  I was gonna say, gettin' big in England?  I'm pretty sure hes dead! :lol:

Pfff, impossible. But going purely by personal preference I'd probably have to pick... 

Bob Dylan

Leonard Cohen

David Bowie

Bruce Springsteen

Van Morrison

Honorable mentions: BB King, Johnny Cash, Chuck Berry, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker, Izzy Stradlin, Neil Young, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Howlin Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Adele, Tommy Stinson, Roger Waters, Bob Marley... And some other people I'm forgetting. 

Edited by username