Would Axl sound good on Anastasia?

It would be amazing either way.... One of Slash's finest moments live. Although I think it sounded waaay better when he played it with his Les Paul before he started playing it with that double neck guild or whatever it is.. I don't know why he even uses that thing...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

If there is to be any Slash song I think Beggars & Hangers on would be ideal for him, even better because Duff co-wrote it. For any VR song it should be Slither  

Axl would sing a song that clearly bashes him? :lol:

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Quid pro quo as Slash now plays 'Sorry'. Axl should sing 'Crucify the Dead'.

The should simply re-record a best of Slash / VR album with Axl, Gilby, Matt, Steven, Gilby, Adler and Duff. 

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 3

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I would actually be IN FAVOR of a best of post 1995 rerecored album. 2 or 3 Slash song, 2 or 3 VR songs, 2 or 3 CD songs, and 2 or 3 "new" songs. By "new" songs that could mean CD leftovers or completely NEW material, or both.

I think it would be a good way to incorporate the "lost period" into the current gnr world. Also it would be a super easy album to do, mostly like playing covers at this point. I have always felt that Slash would make the CD songs better, and from what he has done on THIS tour, I feel i was right. I also felt that Slash's entire post guns discography could be made better with Mr. ROSE on vocals (yes Myles and Scott were good, but come on now...) So why not just take the best of all of it, through in some actual NEW songs as well, and I feel it would make a pretty strong album. Sure a completely new album from the ground up would be great as well, but I would take this idea as a way to get a new album, keep touring, etc until (if) a true new album ever surfaces. Guns has ALWAYS been a band that puts out a "lesser" release as a way to tide the fans over until a proper album happens. Lies was a stop gap until the Illusions were done. TSI was meant as a stop gap until the next album as well (of course the next album never came). So this best of album idea does make sense, at least to me. Not to mention I get excited about the songs that could appear on THIS album.

Slither

Fall to Pieces

Sorry

This I Love

TWAT

Better

Ain't Life Grand

Beggars and Hangers on

Just to name a few, if buy this album for sure, and LOVE IT!!!

If Axl actually sings on it it would be fuckin great, thats a hell of a song. 

21 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I would actually be IN FAVOR of a best of post 1995 rerecored album. 2 or 3 Slash song, 2 or 3 VR songs, 2 or 3 CD songs, and 2 or 3 "new" songs. By "new" songs that could mean CD leftovers or completely NEW material, or both.

I think it would be a good way to incorporate the "lost period" into the current gnr world. Also it would be a super easy album to do, mostly like playing covers at this point. I have always felt that Slash would make the CD songs better, and from what he has done on THIS tour, I feel i was right. I also felt that Slash's entire post guns discography could be made better with Mr. ROSE on vocals (yes Myles and Scott were good, but come on now...) So why not just take the best of all of it, through in some actual NEW songs as well, and I feel it would make a pretty strong album. Sure a completely new album from the ground up would be great as well, but I would take this idea as a way to get a new album, keep touring, etc until (if) a true new album ever surfaces. Guns has ALWAYS been a band that puts out a "lesser" release as a way to tide the fans over until a proper album happens. Lies was a stop gap until the Illusions were done. TSI was meant as a stop gap until the next album as well (of course the next album never came). So this best of album idea does make sense, at least to me. Not to mention I get excited about the songs that could appear on THIS album.

Slither

Fall to Pieces

Sorry

This I Love

TWAT

Better

Ain't Life Grand

Beggars and Hangers on

Just to name a few, if buy this album for sure, and LOVE IT!!!

I think its a good idea for a bonus disc of a new album, dont want 'em releasing stuff we already know and callin it a day. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is one of the songs Myles sounds great on

Just a personal preference thing. I don't think he sounds great on anything. Except maybe Back to Cali, I love that one.

• Like 1