Surprise in Tel Aviv?

I know better than to get excited for something new. 

3 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

No, the allocated time for the shows is 3 & 1/2 hours - all of them. Paris timings were 8pm - 11.30pm.

The current show runs 3 hours and 18minutes since Stockholm. Prague edged the longest set adding in used to love her.

Israel will get a normal show but it will certainly be special compared to Dublin as the set has increased by about 4/5 songs since then.

This pretty much sums it up imo

i dont get it. is it just this show or other shows got extended too? if its all remaining shows then its probably just the fact that they were late a few times so by making it an earlier start time then the band will be done by 11 even if theyre 45 mins late. curfew bullshit cuz the promotors want the band to pay a penalty if they run the shows past the expected end time

Probably just dusting off Think About You

6 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

The surprise is the track Prostitute from Chinese Democracy.

I'm gonna vote they start playing Spoonman. Or making love out of nothing at all replaces pink floyd

Edited by Billsfan

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i dont get it. is it just this show or other shows got extended too? if its all remaining shows then its probably just the fact that they were late a few times so by making it an earlier start time then the band will be done by 11 even if theyre 45 mins late. curfew bullshit cuz the promotors want the band to pay a penalty if they run the shows past the expected end time

I'm not sure how it is in Europe or elsewhere, but in the States, curfew penalties are levied by the city or municipality where the band plays, not the promoter.

For Example, in Indiana in 91 at Deer Creek night 1 there was over $100,000 in penalty owed as they exceeded curfew by almost 3 hours.  I believe some of this was negotiated down by the band and/or promoter.   But, if a promoter is making the band pay, that is b/c it is probably in the contact that the band pays all penalties, fees and fines levied by the municipality.  

6 hours ago, smoke said:

They're playing The Wall in its entirety to piss off Roger Waters. 

Peace beetwen ISRAEL&PALESTINA? ?

4 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Axl to run out in a Free Palestine T-shirt! 

Most dangerous band in the world image maintained.

????!!!!!

I do know better then to get hopes up.  And I am no CSI person.  But the Vienna litho had AFD5 cross logo.  I am also not a litho aficionado.  

So, is that a rare image for NITL given Izzy and Adlers absence?  Is that foreshadowing possibly?  I mean using a previous band members image to promote the current band is what Gilby sued for.  And if its foreshadowing, maybe for a special appearance in tel aviv? 

Anyways, they probably just had to make an adjustment as they started playing a bit longer lately.  But thought Id see if my goofy thought resonated with anyone?

Well, the surprise is explained in the article: the concert will last for three-and-a-half hours. Due to the band’s request, the producers announced that the concert will now begin at 8:00 PM

That's it. Longer show then planned, longer setlsit, maybe a new song to the mix (not new in terms of new music, new to the NITL setlist).

Probably just all the alt. songs that they rotate regularly all played. So; Out ta Get Me and My Michelle, Used to Love Her and Yesterdays, BHS and WLR and possibly Sorry and TWAT. Maybe Catcher and or Prostitue too but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for anything "new" being played other than Prostitute. Even that is slightly less than 50:50.