Let's All Hold Hands

20 hours ago, Fanboy said:

I couldn't wait to hit 28 back in the days, "Im 28 now I can relate a bit more to this song"
It's the song that I listen at least once a day since years, I mostly listen the live version from Rio 91 and Indiana 91
It's about 9 min of ear orgasm

That's funny about the 28 years old part.  I was in my late teens when the Illusion albums were released & 28 seemed so far away at that point.  No 28 is like a distant memory which is kind of depressing.  But man I tell you all honestly that I don't think there ever was or ever will be a song that means so much to me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

97,000,000 views on youtube... Classic song that 99.9% of us all love and a song that I think this line up consistently does a good job at... So much awesomeness and so many memories packed into this VHS...... 

And still if not cool  love the video

Everything about Estranged is amazing.  The overall vibe, Axl's lyrics and vocals, hell even Matt Sorum's drumming works great with this tune!

I absolutely love Slash's use of guitar feedback to sustain some of the long notes, his guitar work on it is beautiful.

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

"remember all the parts" has nothing to do with "understand how to play it correctly".

I can't find that particular interview anymore, but Slash told in my memory that the band needed some time to understand the song itself. I mean, come on, it's pretty obvious that it took a while for Axl and the band to fix the parts together. In contrary to CD they really recorded the whole song, while CD is just patch worked digital crap.

13 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Can you get it on DVD/Bluray in America? I've still got my VHS copy but nothing to play it on. 

Laser disc copy converted to DVD

Guns N' Roses - Makin' Fuckin' Videos (Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged) [GNROSAS](2) - https://mega.nz/#F!GBEUSBDA!7e5FVn5WgRINI7arRVTXkw

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're awful. Why would you want them?

I kinda like the Making of Don't Cry. At least there's some funny scenes and Axl doesn't have a fucking beard all the time.

And back then when I bought it in VHS, it's when I heard the REAL version of Don't Cry as it was supposed to be for the first time, with Steven on the 1986 demo. My jaw dropped to the floor, so beautiful it was (even though partially covered by dialogue on top).... THAT is Don't Cry.

4 hours ago, 2414225 said:

I can't find that particular interview anymore, but Slash told in my memory that the band needed some time to understand the song itself. I mean, come on, it's pretty obvious that it took a while for Axl and the band to fix the parts together. In contrary to CD they really recorded the whole song, while CD is just patch worked digital crap.

yeah my point is that what you wrote (the band took time to "understand how to play it correctly") seems to suggest that Axl told them (or taught them) how to play/arrange the song and I think that is far from the truth. For what i remember, Axl had to convince them to play the piano ballads, cause they didnt really wanna do them. Yeah, it surely must have taken time for them to learn the song (all the parts etc) and then to create the rock/GNR arrangemment for it.