Stephen King's The Mist

Show started recently. I loved the film, but this show...

Only seen the first episode so far, but it is absolutely not what I wanted from a TV version of this. It's like a standard American TV teen series that wants to copy Jericho/The Walking Dead only with less interesting characters. No interest in watching them get in their American TV serialized cliches in. 

Very disappointing so far, I had high hopes based on the film;

13 hours ago, wasted said:

Was The Mist in Skeleton Crew?

I don't think so. The Mist is a separate book and they made a good movie.

So far this show is moving very slowly for me. Most of the deaths have been pretty gory, but I am not caring for any of the characters, so I don't feel invested enough.

There's a woman who lost her husband and when she wanted to leave the church another guy followed her and he was taken and killed by the Mist.

I just find her super annoying and wish she would just leave. It seems to me that people around her are dying while she gets away scott free.

She was also annoying on the early seasons of American Horror Story.

I'm hoping the show will pick up. There's really not much on Thursday's nights, so I watch Zoo and dvd The Mist

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't think so. The Mist is a separate book and they made a good movie.

So far this show is moving very slowly for me. Most of the deaths have been pretty gory, but I am not caring for any of the characters, so I don't feel invested enough.

There's a woman who lost her husband and when she wanted to leave the church another guy followed her and he was taken and killed by the Mist.

I just find her super annoying and wish she would just leave. It seems to me that people around her are dying while she gets away scott free.

She was also annoying on the early seasons of American Horror Story.

I'm hoping the show will pick up. There's really not much on Thursday's nights, so I watch Zoo and dvd The Mist

The Mist is the first story in the Skeleton Crew. Maybe it first came out as a novel. Then they packaged with other stories later in SC. I think it was first published in 1980 but SC was around Pet Semetary era movie. 

On 3rd episode. Yikes this is terribly written and acted. Cast aren't very likable either, when you hope the protagonists aren't going to last long... the writers have fucked up.

People start acting like something crazy is out there rather fast, despite most of them never seeing anything. The main male character sets of on a quest to get back to his family while terrified of The Mist, despite not seeing anything. They even let two people out off their police cells despite not knowing who they are or what's going on. The people in the Mall are rather scared, despite only the two leading female characters seeing anything.

They also assign duties and tasks in the 2nd episode, the duties just happen to go to the characters you were introduced to at the start despite loads of people being in the mall.

fyi; They also for no apparent reason censor swear words despite random bloody violence. Really silly, come on America!!!

Show makes Fear the Walking Dead look like Mad Max; Fury Road.

Hope it's canceled as punishment to the producers for ruining such a great concept.

Edited by AtariLegend

13 hours ago, wasted said:

The Mist is the first story in the Skeleton Crew. Maybe it first came out as a novel. Then they packaged with other stories later in SC. I think it was first published in 1980 but SC was around Pet Semetary era movie. 

Okay thanks. I know I read that book, but sometimes I don't remember them all. I read so many books a year. Anyway, The movie The Mist was way better than the show. I don't think SK has anything to do with the show and that's probably why it's not so good.

9 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

On 3rd episode. Yikes this is terribly written and acted. Cast aren't very likable either, when you hope the protagonists aren't going to last long... the writers have fucked up.

People start acting like something crazy is out there rather fast, despite most of them never seeing anything. The main male character sets of on a quest to get back to his family while terrified of The Mist, despite not seeing anything. They even let two people out off their police cells despite not knowing who they are or what's going on. The people in the Mall are rather scared, despite only the two leading female characters seeing anything.

They also assign duties and tasks in the 2nd episode, the duties just happen to go to the characters you were introduced to at the start despite loads of people being in the mall.

fyi; They also for no apparent reason censor swear words despite random bloody violence. Really silly, come on America!!!

Show makes Fear the Walking Dead look like Mad Max; Fury Road.

Hope it's canceled as punishment to the producers for ruining such a great concept.

lol I agree with you. I've never seen any of these actors except for the woman who played on AHS. I find it hard to care about these people.

The storyline where the daughter was raped just seemed so random and then the Mist came.

I think her goth non gender friend made the story up because he's jealous that the boy liked her.

The woman who is going through withdrawal is annoying too.

I wonder if the mist will go away after awhile or continue in this town. I guess it's also the government's fault again.

The characters just seem so boring to me. That teenage girl always has a sour look on her face. lol

And I'm sorry but if I was locked in a mall, I'd be trying on clothes, eating a lot of food and just going through the whole mall instead of sitting there looking out the windows all the time. You know after awhile these people will lose their shit and start throwing people out the doors so they can run away. Now that might be interesting.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay thanks. I know I read that book, but sometimes I don't remember them all. I read so many books a year. Anyway, The movie The Mist was way better than the show. I don't think SK has anything to do with the show and that's probably why it's not so good.

The movie was good. There's an old black and white movie called The Fog that reminds me of it. 

The film is one of my favorites. The black and white cut (which is how the director intended it to be) on the DVD is fantastic. Excellent homage to campy early horror films and monster flicks. 

The show has nothing interesting to offer, and given the high number of excellent quality TV shows coming out this year, The Mist is pretty inessential. I'd recomend passing on it.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, wasted said:

The movie was good. There's an old black and white movie called The Fog that reminds me of it. 

Are you talking about John Carpenter's The Fog? That wasn't in black and white, but that's one of my all time favorite movies. I even had John Carpenter sign my dvd for me. I never tire of watching it.

Well, watched the latest episode of The Mist. 

Really hate that old woman. Why didn't she just let the spider out through the front door? She's so damn annoying and she making even the Priest lose it.

And again those two stupid guys from the game store screwed up. One of them got killed and the other one let the Mist in the store and got a little girl killed. They were right to let him out into the Mist. Also that girl I don't remember names, why wasn't she killed? I mean how annoying is she and her mother? I can't imagine losing your child. It seems these main characters are fucking up everyone they meet.

The poor father who's looking for his son, they messed with him too.

Now they have to get the soldier guy to the hospital. Good luck.

The movie was way better. There were characters you cared about and ones you hated, but it was good and suspenseful. This show is too slow and most of the characters are so damn annoying. I will continue to watch it in hopes the whole town is killed! lol

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, wasted said:

I don't think it was Carpenter's The Fog, it's an old movie. Like early horror like Wait Until Dark. 

okay. I will have to check it out.

Anyway, I'm still not liking The Mist. I'm honestly watching to see who gets killed because so far I'm not crazy about any of these characters. lol

• Like 1