New York post article about guns

I just read an article in from the New York post about how guns became rock gods. What I found disturbing was this excerpt from Steven Adler; "“We’d go out and meet chicks — older women — who would take us back to their Beverly Hills homes,” Adler recalled. “They’d give us booze, coke, they’d feed us, really. All we’d have to do was f- -k them. Occasionally, a guy would pick me up. In return for [oral sex], I’d get a little dope and 30 or 40 bucks.” 

Did Adler ever tell this before or is this just some bullshit from the NY post?

Edited by mikeman5150
Forgot
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

I believe Adler was speaking for himself there, the others just did the normal and hung out with the older women in Beverly Hills 

Adler is the only one who has ever publically admitted to doing other guys for money (there's even a fucked up D-movie where he plays himself sucking some guy's dick in a toilet stall and getting bent over).

But I've heard similar things about Slash and Axl. Adler supposedly said the same thing about Slash once in an old interview and I vaguely remember reading something along those lines about Axl too a long time ago. But obviously these two would never admit that.

Also, whether they were doing bored old women or fat old guys, it's all prostitution in the end. All our heros were whores/call boys/prostitutes/whatever you wanna call it. You just gotta accept it and learn to live with it :lol:

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frey said:

Adler is the only one who has ever publically admitted to doing other guys for money (there's even a fucked up D-movie where he plays himself sucking some guy's dick in a toilet stall and getting bent over).

But I've heard similar things about Slash and Axl. Adler supposedly said the same thing about Slash once in an old interview and I vaguely remember reading something along those lines about Axl too a long time ago. But obviously these two would never admit that.

Correct.

There are two people who have spoken or insinuated that Axl also did this. They were musicians from other bands and they personally knew Axl, but, well... not that their word is proof of anything either.

• Like 1

Didn't Adler say something similar in his book too? 

I remember that I was shocked because it sounded more like he was molested by some dudes when he was still really young... :shock: He wasn't really clear about what exactly happened.

24 minutes ago, Rubicon said:

Didn't Adler say something similar in his book too? 

I remember that I was shocked because it sounded more like he was molested by some dudes when he was still really young... :shock: He wasn't really clear about what exactly happened.

Yeah, he has talked about what basically amounts to being sexually abused by older men and women when he was a kid and about doing other guys for drug money.

He talks about both of these things in a very casual no big deal kinda way, which I find as disturbing as @The Holographic Universe. It indicates to me that he hasn't really processed these things and probably still struggles with them on some level (or did so until recently, since he seems to be doing pretty well these days by his standards).

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Correct.

There are two people who have spoken or insinuated that Axl also did this. They were musicians from other bands and they personally knew Axl, but, well... not that their word is proof of anything either.

Two? I only remember one person claiming Axl took it up the ass for money when he was young (as in pre-GNR days). 

But if there are two people claiming that, there might be some truth to it after all. Hmm...

Edited by Frey

24 minutes ago, Frey said:

Two? I only remember one person claiming Axl took it up the ass for money when he was young (as in pre-GNR days). 

But if there are two people claiming that, there might be some truth to it after all. Hmm...

Yeah. One of them publicly talked about it. The other did not.

It is hard to say if there could be truth to it.... Everything's possible with this band if we start putting all the clues and info we have together (even from the mouth of the horse) they were certainly not choir boys, lol.

But it is also common for patriarchal men to accuse each other of being gay or prostitute, as in a competition to see who's more or less macho, and Axl as the pretty boy he was back then, I'm sure plenty of homophobic men assumed he was doing those things (because of his looks and image) even if he wasn't.

I don't discard it though because of the context, the place, and the fact that he didn't have any serious job. Also, more than one person told stories about Axl sleeping in their couches, which means he had no money to afford a place of his own.

I don't understand why some people are so shocked. Adler, Slash and Duff talked this kind of stuff in their books. There are also many books and articles written by other people about GN'R, nothing new

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't understand why some people are so shocked. Adler, Slash and Duff talked this kind of stuff in their books. There are also many books and articles written by other people about GN'R, nothing new

I don't think I've ever read in their books  they sucked dicks . I obviously haven't read Adler's yet.

25 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't think I've ever read in their books  they sucked dicks . I obviously haven't read Adler's yet.

It was something that has been around before. I remember reading about somewhere long ago. Still is it that shocking after everything we know these guys did? I also remember an interview Adler did many years ago. He had a dog and when he was smoking whatever shit. He said he also share it with his dog. So the poor dog was also smoking Adler's dope

2 hours ago, killuridols said:
2 hours ago, Frey said:

Yeah. One of them publicly talked about it. The other did not.

It is hard to say if there could be truth to it.... Everything's possible with this band if we start putting all the clues and info we have together (even from the mouth of the horse) they were certainly not choir boys, lol.

But it is also common for patriarchal men to accuse each other of being gay or prostitute, as in a competition to see who's more or less macho, and Axl as the pretty boy he was back then, I'm sure plenty of homophobic men assumed he was doing those things (because of his looks and image) even if he wasn't.

I don't discard it though because of the context, the place, and the fact that he didn't have any serious job. Also, more than one person told stories about Axl sleeping in their couches, which means he had no money to afford a place of his own.

I don't know... It's hard for me to believe Axl did this. Not so much because he was the most homophobic of them (as it could even be an explanation for his homophobia), but because straight guys who usually do it are junkies desperate to get their fix. I don't think Axl was into heavy drugs then (pre-GnR) and he was able to find a place to sleep, even if it was someone's couch.

Edited by Blackstar