New York post article about guns

31 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Slash writes in his book about selling all his gear and guitars for drug money right before the recording of AfD. I found that almost equally disturbing considering how much  his music obviously meant to him.

That ain't got nothing on sucking a dick. I don't care if you are a girl or a guy, sucking dick for drugs is low. Dehumanizing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That ain't got nothing on sucking a dick. I don't care if you are a girl or a guy, sucking dick for drugs is low. Dehumanizing.

Yeah I agree with you on this. Did the others say anything with regards to Steven saying that?

Being a drug addict or any addict at all sooner or later becomes low and dehumanizing and they were heavy drug addicts. Neither of them was a saint, they did and were involved in many things that for the usual person are appaling, like fucking for money, dealing drugs, stealing, using women, beating women and shit like that. Possibly also many things we don't know about and we will never learn about. But that is also what made them the kind of band they are and contributed to the authenticity and originality of their music. And though I am far from supporting or advocationg such behaviors in general, I have accepted from the beginning that GNR members are who they are, so it doesn't really shock me. They're definitely not "your usual buddy" type. They have a very "interesting" past but in a way also this past makes them and their music more interesting, it just sort of comes in a package, love it or leave it.

One may love them to death and agree with some things they did or said or treat those selected things as inspiration but to view them as heroes, idols or a moral compass surely isn't a good idea ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know... It's hard for me to believe Axl did this. Not so much because he was the most homophobic of them (as it could even be an explanation for his homophobia), but because straight guys who usually do it are junkies desperate to get their fix. I don't think Axl was into heavy drugs then (pre-GnR) and he was able to find a place to sleep, even if it was someone's couch.

According to himself and the testimony of others, he did do heavy drugs at some point. He tried it all but he didn't get hook on that. Apparently.

How was he able to find a place to sleep? You think most people like doing charity?

Sleeping is not the only thing one needs to survive. You need to eat, drink, shower, a bathroom, clothes, move to places...

This is the stuff (prostitution, drug dealing) that sometimes make me question why I'm a fan of these guys, they were awful human beings. At the same time it makes me feel sorry for them, they can have rockstar status and millions in the bank but nothing can erase that reckless behavior from their lives. 

It's interesting how low a person can go to survive

11 minutes ago, Marie82 said:

This is the stuff (prostitution, drug dealing) that sometimes make me question why I'm a fan of these guys, they were awful human beings. At the same time it makes me feel sorry for them, they can have rockstar status and millions in the bank but nothing can erase that reckless behavior from their lives. 

Some dodgy business happened at that 'Gardner studio' involving sex or rape with 'minors', as the police closed it down and Axl and Slash were ''on the run''. I'm just saying as there is so much about paedophillia these days!!  Stradlin used to sell heroin out of his window; he once sold some to Joe Perry.

I agree. Truly awful human beings.

• Like 1

Before the Illusion shows Slash and Duff used to require the cameramen to film the ''pretty girls'' and they would then watch the televised feed backstage, whereupon the two would select the girls desired who would be invited backstage for Slash and Duff to indulge in ''blow job competitions'', the aim being to see ''who can have the most''!!

PS

About the Adler thing, it was before he was a drug addict, and before Guns. Adler was actually the last of them to get addicted.

7 hours ago, Frey said:

He talks about both of these things in a very casual no big deal kinda way, which I find as disturbing as @The Holographic Universe. It indicates to me that he hasn't really processed these things and probably still struggles with them on some level (or did so until recently, since he seems to be doing pretty well these days by his standards).

Or maybe it is simply not a big deal to him? It doesn't have to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marie82 said:

Blowing/fucking other dudes for money doesn't make me think less of Steven - or Axl for that matter. 

People do what they gotta do to survive (or to feed their addictions). Selling themselves for money isn't particularly despicable. If anything, it makes me feel sorry for them.

It's everything else they did that makes me think less of them.

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Or maybe it is simply not a big deal to him? It doesn't have to be.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be, everyone deals with shit differently obviously, but after knowing what we know about Steven and watching him on celebrity rehab and stuff like that, I tend to think these experiences did mess with him to some extent.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash did it also. It was really just Slash and Stevie before Guns when they were trying to get Road Crew together.

Do you have a source for that or are you just speculating based on their shared history? I'm inclined to agree with you actually, but I have never seen anyone outright claim this about Slash (except Steven supposedly) the way people have done with Steven and Axl.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah. One of them publicly talked about it. The other did not.

It is hard to say if there could be truth to it.... Everything's possible with this band if we start putting all the clues and info we have together (even from the mouth of the horse) they were certainly not choir boys, lol.

But it is also common for patriarchal men to accuse each other of being gay or prostitute, as in a competition to see who's more or less macho, and Axl as the pretty boy he was back then, I'm sure plenty of homophobic men assumed he was doing those things (because of his looks and image) even if he wasn't.

I don't discard it though because of the context, the place, and the fact that he didn't have any serious job. Also, more than one person told stories about Axl sleeping in their couches, which means he had no money to afford a place of his own.

Yes. I agree. Obviously Axl would have been an easy target for mud-slinging of that particular kind, but I'm not completely disregarding the possibility either.

Especially now that you're saying there's more than one person who knew him claiming this ...

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know... It's hard for me to believe Axl did this. Not so much because he was the most homophobic of them (as it could even be an explanation for his homophobia), but because straight guys who usually do it are junkies desperate to get their fix. I don't think Axl was into heavy drugs then (pre-GnR) and he was able to find a place to sleep, even if it was someone's couch.

Yes, part of me also agrees with this. But then again, Axl's pre-GNR years are pretty damn nebulous, so who knows. Anything could have been going on back then.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Frey said:

Blowing/fucking other dudes for money doesn't make me think less of Steven - or Axl for that matter. 

I should clarify, I'm not disgusted at them for fucking guys, their sexual preference (past or present) it's not important to me. I'm disgusted at the thought of "I need money, let me get it the easiest way, fucking random people". Despicable, degrading and disappointing. 

At the end of the day, I don't know them, never will. I'm just here for the music. 

Edited by Marie82
Add word
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tajandreas said:

bqS2rO4.png

1426142678250.jpg

Awesome catdog reference.

i don't see Axl doing that... but it would explain why he seemed to have a dislike for gays at one point. When people are desperate for drugs they'll do whatever it takes to get them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Do you have a source for that or are you just speculating based on their shared history? I'm inclined to agree with you actually, but I have never seen anyone outright claim this about Slash (except Steven supposedly) the way people have done with Steven and Axl.

Read about it back in the day.

Their (the AFD5) story is interesting and quite shocking too. Not that these things are news to me. But man, they really weren't fooling with those lyrics. They really lived that life. Crazy. Can't even understand it really. 

But at the end of the day, their story is a great success story. They made it and got to turn their (personal) lives around. That's pretty cool. And inspiring in a way. 

Though, it makes me think all those other bands who didn't make it. Who never got out of the cutter and probably just faded away and died of drug overdoses.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Muddy said:

Slash and Steven are confirmed homos, or at least "bisexual".

Slash has a tattoo on his arm of his alter ego "Shirley", it's a tattoo of him with lipstick and tits.

duff talks in his book about things that happens that only he and the other guys in GNR know about, things that he doesn't tell his wife , Things that he will take to the grave .

i was definitely disturbed when I read about this stuff , GNR were my childhood idols. But it is what it is, to each there own . The music is what's important to me, there sexual preference isn't 

According to Slash "Shirley" was the mother of his old band mate or something. 

• Like 1