Favorite gig of the european leg?

Hey!

Guess a lot of people here went to several of the concerts now in Europe. Which where your favorties?

Personally I went to Madrid, Zurich, Munich, Gdansk, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Vienna. All of them where amazing experiences and if I had to choose I would say Madrid, Gdansk and Stockholm where the best, but for different reasons.

Madrid because of the fantastic audience and atmosphere, as well as a great venue. Gdansk because I think it was Axls best performance I personally saw on this tour so far (but jesus christ, Live Nation Poland must be the worst MESS ever??) and Stockholm because I think the band sounded best there and the beast of a setlist with a very nice surprise (Sorry).

All in all I would say this has been a blast, and me and my brother decided spontaniously in Gdansk to get tickets for the two LA concerts in November. That will be epic.

• Like 4

It's really hard to say. I've seen five shows this year: Munich, Hannover, Stockholm, Paris and nijmegen. They were all were unique for their own reasons.

munich, because it was my first show of this leg. Huge stadium, historic venue for the band. Incredible show

hannover, because all thats happened there, the thunderstorm, the interruption, then angus which was a surprise. I was there with my best friend who was just blown away after the show

stockholm, because i was so close, accompanied by a great friend from mygnr, incredible performance and setlist, and i was in fucking stockholm 

nijmegen, because it was the perfect ending to a unbelievable five weeks, the show was phenomenal, i think also the longest show, angus, and i was so close and also accompanied by great people

but in the end i think i have to give my vote to paris. Not just it was an outstanding show with a great axl (fuckhead security, everybody take a step back), phenomenal setlist, accompanied with another great person from this forum, plus i was in motherfucking paris....but what i will never forget and what will always give me goosebumps for the rest of my life is that crowd i witnessed there. It was so wild, so intense, i never would've dreamed it. 

Judging the shows i haven't attended is hard. But imola might have been on top, for the same reason i mentioned for paris

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 4

Out of the 3 shows i have attended: Munich, Prague and Vienna...

1.The prague show was outstanding, because of the most enthusiastic crowd and the great long setlist !

2. Munich was kind of surreal, i was so thrilled to see the guys again after 25 years, so it was the most emotionale one for me !

3. Vienna was also great, as every Guns show will be great for me:P

1 minute ago, EricA said:

Out of the 3 shows i have attended: Munich, Prague and Vienna...

1.The prague show was outstanding, because of the most enthusiastic crowd and the great long setlist !

2. Munich was kind of surreal, i was so thrilled to see the guys again after 25 years, so it was the most emotionale one for me !

3. Vienna was also great, as every Guns show will be great for me:P

To actually see Estranged live at the Olympiastadion was a very special experience I must say. Great show!

• Like 2

Gdańsk cause it was the only one I was at so nothing compares to it. :lol:

1 hour ago, stanleyjp said:

Gdansk because I think it was Axls best performance I personally saw on this tour so far (but jesus christ, Live Nation Poland must be the worst MESS ever??)

Are you referring to the lack of possibility of actually returning home? :lol: We were sitting (sorry, sanding, as there were no seats) for 3 hours waitnig for the first taxi able to take us.

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Gdańsk cause it was the only one I was at so nothing compares to it. :lol:

Are you referring to the lack of possibility of actually returning home? :lol: We were sitting (sorry, sanding, as there were no seats) for 3 hours waitnig for the first taxi able to take us.

We were actually lucky and got a taxi cause we run up to the highway after the show. My problem was the total lack of controll from the stewards, people sitting in wrong seats, they tried to lock us out because the section was "full" when we came to the concert and so on. @Snytefant's "negotiationskills" was the only reason we got our seats at all. ("Show me your ticket og get away from my seat...")

Actually some of the people I spoke to afterwards from "section Q" got some refound because of this mess.

I ll say all gigs from Stockholm till yesterday but in the end i ll choose Prague cause i was there...

1st time saw them live,axl+slash+duff was magic that night,great setlist,almost 3hrs and 20mins duration and most of the crowd was singing and dancing...A night already missing and i ll never forget...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stanleyjp said:

We were actually lucky and got a taxi cause we run up to the highway after the show. My problem was the total lack of controll from the stewards, people sitting in wrong seats, they tried to lock us out because the section was "full" when we came to the concert and so on. @Snytefant's "negotiationskills" was the only reason we got our seats at all. ("Show me your ticket og get away from my seat...")

Actually some of the people I spoke to afterwards from "section Q" got some refound because of this mess.

Oh, that I didn't even know about. But yes the stewards were pretty bad, they didn't even know which way to go to find a proper gate and it was better to ask the police.

I went to both London, Copenhagen, Stockholm & Paris.

I think Stockholm was the best. Axl was in the best mood of the tour it seems he was definitely having fun, sounded his strongest . Slash was more animated than  the previous Copenhagen show. It was also the start of the lengthy setlist.

Paris was good to see the badass Axl with rants and telling the crowd to stay back. Black Hole Sun probably one of the best, was more raspy than high.

Edited by Axl_morris